Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

European capital of trophies?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:20 pm

There's a banner at old Trafford saying European capital of trophies.

How does the prawn sandwich brigade at old Trafford work this out when 6 teams have won the EC/CL more times then them?

Re: European capital of trophies?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:00 pm

murphy wrote:There's a banner at old Trafford saying European capital of trophies.

How does the prawn sandwich brigade at old Trafford work this out when 6 teams have won the EC/CL more times then them?

think its an advert for a trophy shop in Salford.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
murphy wrote:There's a banner at old Trafford saying European capital of trophies.

think its an advert for a trophy shop in Salford.

However, it does raise a question why a club the size of MUFC have only 3 European/CL wins.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Pure guesswork on my part, but are they saying European capital of trophies, or capital of European Cups. They are probably including all their domestic silverware in this statement as the UK is a part of Europe. Perhaps they are saying that they hold more trophies than other major European footballing countries. I have no idea if this is true or not, just a bit of a guess.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Pure guesswork on my part, but are they saying European capital of trophies, or capital of European Cups. They are probably including all their domestic silverware in this statement as the UK is a part of Europe. Perhaps they are saying that they hold more trophies than other major European footballing countries. I have no idea if this is true or not, just a bit of a guess.

Madrid would have more surely ?

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Pure guesswork on my part, but are they saying European capital of trophies, or capital of European Cups. They are probably including all their domestic silverware in this statement as the UK is a part of Europe. Perhaps they are saying that they hold more trophies than other major European footballing countries. I have no idea if this is true or not, just a bit of a guess.

Madrid would have more surely ?

I would have thought that there are a few with more, but I honestly don't know.