Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff fan to be banned ?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Cardiff Blues consider life ban for supporter who threw beer at top referee George Clancy

Irish official Clancy was running the line during the Blues' last-gasp Arms Park loss to Glasgow

MONDAY 17 SEP 2017

Cardiff Blues are considering a life ban for the fan who threw beer at touchjudge George Clancy at the Arms Park last night.

The supporter was swiftly ejected from the ground following the incident, which was captured on television during the Guinness PRO14 clash with Glasgow.

Now regional officials are to meet to decide what action to take against the fan, who was wearing a Blues shirt.

Chief executive Richard Holland said: “The incident was dealt with pretty swiftly and efficiently by our stewarding and security team and the individual concerned was ejected from the ground.

“I spoke to George Clancy after the game and apologised on behalf of the club and he appreciated and accepted that.

Re: Cardiff fan to be banned ?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:53 pm

So, this supporter (who I assumed was drinking most of the game) maybe the police should now rethink that if this can happen in rugby maybe they should ban supporters from taking alcohol into the ground? If this supporter didn't have a drink in his hand then he couldn't have used it to attack the ref! Yes, this supporter should be banned from Cardiff Blues and watching Wales and every rugby ground in the country. Rugby supporters are not whiter than white!

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Just high jinks :roll: :lol:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Apparently the bloke and his mates are well known at the Blues for giving the ref abuse throughout games. There won't be too many other fans who'll be disappointed not to see them at future games.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:23 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:So, this supporter (who I assumed was drinking most of the game) maybe the police should now rethink that if this can happen in rugby maybe they should ban supporters from taking alcohol into the ground? If this supporter didn't have a drink in his hand then he couldn't have used it to attack the ref! Yes, this supporter should be banned from Cardiff Blues and watching Wales and every rugby ground in the country. Rugby supporters are not whiter than white!

maybe the other way around..you can drink in cricket..in pop concerts at rugby..its the football law that needs repealing.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:08 pm

dogfound wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:So, this supporter (who I assumed was drinking most of the game) maybe the police should now rethink that if this can happen in rugby maybe they should ban supporters from taking alcohol into the ground? If this supporter didn't have a drink in his hand then he couldn't have used it to attack the ref! Yes, this supporter should be banned from Cardiff Blues and watching Wales and every rugby ground in the country. Rugby supporters are not whiter than white!

maybe the other way around..you can drink in cricket..in pop concerts at rugby..its the football law that needs repealing.

What a great post totally agree. Can't understand when people are so spoilt and spiteful that if they don't get something then no one else can either. Pathetic.

Also who gives a flying fig what happens at rugby this is a football forum. Make us look like green eyed monsters envying rugby. A nothing post for a nothing game shouldn't be given the time of day by us.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm

I watched this game with a mate ( egg chasing fan ) and I must say I found it highly amusing.
He threw the drink towards the linesman ( don't think it hit him )
The bloke was absolutely fuming about something ( not sure what as I don't watch the egg )

On the other hands - If this had happened at football he'd be looking at a very lengthy ban.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:49 pm

What a waste of a beer eh

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 pm

stephendavid wrote:What a waste of a beer eh

At those prices...! :thumbup: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: