Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JUBILEE PARK........RUGBY??

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Am I going nuts?

Been walking down Sloper Road since 1967..........and yesterday was the first time I can remember seen RUGBY being played in Jubilee Park ! Am I just walking with my eyes closed and missing this over the years or is it a new thing??

Re: JUBILEE PARK........RUGBY??

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 22.27.51.png

Yes they have been there on and off over the years
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:34 pm

City in Cwmbran wrote:Am I going nuts?

Been walking down Sloper Road since 1967..........and yesterday was the first time I can remember seen RUGBY being played in Jubilee Park ! Am I just walking with my eyes closed and missing this over the years or is it a new thing??

ive never noticed rugby there either.
seen a few penalties mind , where pretty much the whole of Sloper rd would stop and watch.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Started couple years ago i think turned one of pitches into rugby! But recently thought no sport was being played there as hadn't seen anyone playing there on a Saturday ! But surprised to see rugby there this season. :o

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 pm

I can remember those days. I recall City were home was playing on the pitch nearest to Sloper Rd, we were awarded a penalty I was our penalty taker, had never missed one. Everyone on the way to Ninian Park stopped to watch. Surprise,surprise I f*cking missed, just wanted the ground to open up :banghead:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 am

I first played on Jubilee Park in the 60's as a schoolboy and scored 9 goals in an 11-0 victory over Kitchener Rd school :lol:
Played on there quite a few times since as an adult as well.

The problem is that parks football has been dying a death for quite a few years now.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:04 am

Canton rfc juniors rugby up to the youth age play on there now they have done for the last 2/3 seasons,canton libs who were the last team to use jubilee for football now use leckwith stadium hence the park was free :thumbright:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:00 pm

It's the fourth season they've had rugby there. I'd get to specsavers.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:37 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:It's the fourth season they've had rugby there. I'd get to specsavers.

Say 'Honest' !!

Specsavers it is then :shock: :shock: :old: :old:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:23 pm

avondaleblue wrote:I can remember those days. I recall City were home was playing on the pitch nearest to Sloper Rd, we were awarded a penalty I was our penalty taker, had never missed one. Everyone on the way to Ninian Park stopped to watch. Surprise,surprise I f*cking missed, just wanted the ground to open up :banghead:

.lucky there were no message boards back then eh..