Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SOL BAMBA HAS HIS SAY...

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 am

Bamba: "It's a collective effort!"
By Sam Law

Monday 18th September 2017

"Scoring at home is always special," says the Bluebirds centre-half...

Central defender Sol Bamba spoke to the press and media following his dramatic late equaliser as City drew 1-1 with Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday afternoon.

“With the timing of it, late in the game and scoring at home is always special, but from my point of few I want to keep clean sheets," began Sol.

"I don’t think we started the game as we wanted to but it was a good response in the second half.

“Sheffield Wednesday are obviously a tough team (to play against) so overall I think we are happy with the draw."

Sol continued to underline the importance of City's unity in the dressing room, as they look ahead to their next match - Saturday's trip to Sunderland.

“I think it’s a collective effort as always," he continued. "We win together and we lose together, and from front to back it was very good today. We help each other, which makes things easier for me.

“If you lose one game, you can move on as this league is a tough league, it’s unpredictable – you can win or lose to any team, and I think Preston was a wake-up call definitely.

“Playing at home against a team like Sheffield Wednesday, obviously we want to win, but overall it was a good point. Any game in the Championship is difficult so we all knew that and that’s why we’re happy with the point."

Re: SOL BAMBA HAS HIS SAY...

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Happy to settle for a point at home .. wake up Sol you're better than this :(

Wednesday were their for the taking, we needed a big response from the boys after the hammering at Preston and all we got was a damp squib.

Re: SOL BAMBA HAS HIS SAY...

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:17 pm

I think many teams will get a thumping off Preston this season not just us and Birmingham also Wednesday are a good side and that point could get us in the play offs at the end of the season better than losing and up until the 95th minute many thought it was game over and another loss but fair play to the boys for getting a point and not playing well