Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Striker in Court Today / Crown Court Next

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Cardiff City Striker Lee Tomlin in court today

The Leicester Mercury is reporting: -

"They spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and pleas, with Kee pleading not guilty and Tomlin electing not to enter a plea at this stage.

Their next court appearance will be at Leicester Crown Court on Monday, October 16."

My Opinion this will not help his performances for Cardiff City.

Re: Cardiff City Striker in Court Today / Crown Court Next

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City Striker Lee Tomlin in court today

"They spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and pleas, with Kee pleading not guilty and Tomlin electing not to enter a plea at this stage.

Their next court appearance will be at Leicester Crown Court on Monday, October 16."

Probably why he isn't getting much game time also! If the club knew this was unfolding, and would be amazed if they didn't, questions must be asked why we signed him, especially if he still insisted on living up there, as the wurzels claim he did. Lot of money for someone who could spend some time in the jail!

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:47 pm

The Cobra wrote:

Probably why he isn't getting much game time also! If the club knew this was unfolding, and would be amazed if they didn't, questions must be asked why we signed him, especially if he still insisted on living up there, as the wurzels claim he did. Lot of money for someone who could spend some time in the jail!

For me this was a bad signing with all this hanging over him.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
The Cobra wrote:

Surly the club new about this though Anis? Bristol C obviously would have when selling him as it happened in January, not end of July. :banghead:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:54 pm

The Cobra wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
The Cobra wrote:

Surly the club new about this though Anis? Bristol C obviously would have when selling him as it happened in January, not end of July. :banghead:

Andy,
Bristol City Def did.

But I am sure City did and were told it was not that serious.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Come on your not that naive. The club knew about it. Let's see the outcome too many people jumping on the bandwagon when they haven't really got a clue. Hence the popular "in my opinion" start to every thread.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 pm

gagsey wrote:Come on your not that naive. The club knew about it. Let's see the outcome too many people jumping on the bandwagon when they haven't really got a clue. Hence the popular "in my opinion" start to every thread.

Why didn't Tomlin enter a plea today? Does he not know if hes guilty or not, or maybe cant remember!

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 pm

People make mistakes none of us are perfect. Let's judge him by what he does on the pitch.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Former Bristol City midfielder Lee Tomlin has appeared in court charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm after an alleged assault outside a city nightclub.

The former City number 10, who left for Cardiff City in the summer, appeared before magistrates in Leicester today, alongside Accrington Stanley striker Billy Kee, 26, of Rothley Road, Mountsorrel.

Tomlin, 28, who gave his address as Speedwell Drive, Broughton Astley, near Leicester, is alleged to have been involved with Kee in a fight outside the city's Ghost Nightclub in the early hours of January 22 this year, in which another man suffered a broken jaw.

Kee and Tomlin both began their careers at Leicester City.

They spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and pleas, with Kee pleading not guilty and Tomlin electing not to enter a plea at this stage.

The alleged incident happened hours after Tomlin had played for Bristol City in a 1-0 defeat away to Nottingham Forest, and Kee had featured in Accrington's 1-1 draw with Carlisle United.

Tomlin's senior career has also featured spells at Rushden & Diamonds, Peterborough United, Middlesborough and Bournemouth, with Cardiff signing him for £2.9 million from Bristol in the summer.

Kee, who signed his first professional contract with the Foxes, has also played for Torquay United, Burton Albion and Scunthorpe United.

Their next court appearance will be at Leicester Crown Court on Monday, October 16.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:26 am

nubbsy wrote:People make mistakes none of us are perfect. Let's judge him by what he does on the pitch.

No one had said he is guilty?

Where have we?

What we are saying it won't help his concentration and it happened before he signed us, so fans are asking why have we signed him with this hanging over him??

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:27 am

gagsey wrote:Come on your not that naive. The club knew about it. Let's see the outcome too many people jumping on the bandwagon when they haven't really got a clue. Hence the popular "in my opinion" start to every thread.

My Opinion word is used so people can be respected if they are saying how they feel.

And yes my opinion is it won't help him perform on the pitch for us.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 am

Cardiff City player Lee Tomlin has appeared in court charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm after an alleged assault outside a nightclub.

The Bluebirds forward – signed from Bristol City in the summer – appeared before Leicester magistrates, alongside Accrington Stanley striker Billy Kee, 26, of Rothley Road, Mountsorrel.

The pair are alleged to have been involved in a fight outside Ghost Nightclub, in Market Place, Leicester, in the early hours of January 22, in which a man suffered a broken jaw.

The Leicester Mercury reported that they spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and pleas, with Kee pleading not guilty and Tomlin, 28, of Speedwell Drive, Broughton Astley, Leicestershire, electing not to enter a plea.

The alleged incident happened the day after Tomlin had played for his former club Bristol City in a 1-0 defeat away to Nottingham Forest, and Kee had featured in Accrington’s 1-1 draw with Carlisle United.

Both men began their footballing careers as part of Leicester City’s youth set up.

Their next court appearance will be at Leicester Crown Court on Monday, October 16.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:30 am

I don't think it matters. Most footballers love playing the sport. When they step on the pitch everything else leaves their heads. Regardless of the issues at home

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:People make mistakes none of us are perfect. Let's judge him by what he does on the pitch.

No one had said he is guilty?

Where have we?

What we are saying it won't help his concentration and it happened before he signed us, so fans are asking why have we signed him with this hanging over him??

All I'm saying Annis is he hasn't been given a run yet so we don't know whether it's effecting him. Infact, he's performed very well in the few minutes he has played.