NEIL WARNOCK REVEALS:"I WILL SELL KENNETH ZOHORE"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby TAP_Sheep » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:37 am

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock admits the club may sell star striker Kenneth Zohore in January - if the club's promotion hopes have faded by Christmas.

Tuesday 19th September 2017

TALK SPORT

Neil Warnock:

"If we are not in the promotion hunt, I will sell Zohore"

"Even if promotion hunt,I don't think we'll spend much money in January," said the 68-year-old.

Warnock was being quizzed about whether he'd add many new faces to his squad in January on Alan Brazil's Sports Breakfast show on Talksport when he revealed that he would let the Danish striker go if the Bluebirds drop down the table.

Zohore garnered plenty of interest in the summer, with the Bluebirds rumoured to have turned down a £17 million bid from Brighton, while Everton and Hull City were also sniffing around.

"I said if we're not in that top eight or nine by Christmas, we'll sell him and then look to the future.

"All credit to him, he's stood by us and turned down some good money. I'm sure his agent was keen on him leaving because that's when they get paid.

"I think the player needs another year (in the Championship) and he will become a very good player and one for the future."

While there could be a big name departing the Cardiff City Stadium after Christmas, it would appear unlikely that there will be many, if any, new faces arriving in January.

"I don't think we'll spend much money in January," said the 68-year-old.

"What I said is to the chairman and owners is let's keep the players we've got."
Attachments
WNS_160917_Cardiff_Sheffield_Wed_14JPG.jpg
WNS_160917_Cardiff_Sheffield_Wed_14JPG.jpg (46.75 KiB) Viewed 4427 times
TAP_Sheep

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK REVEALS....KENNETH ZOHORE

Postby wez1927 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:39 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock admits the club may sell star striker Kenneth Zohore in January - if the club's promotion hopes have faded by Christmas.

TALK SPORT

Neil Warnock:

"Even if promotion hunt,I don't think we'll spend much money in January," said the 68-year-old.

Warnock was being quizzed about whether he'd add many new faces to his squad in January on Alan Brazil's Sports Breakfast show on Talksport when he revealed that he would let the Danish striker go if the Bluebirds drop down the table.

Zohore garnered plenty of interest in the summer, with the Bluebirds rumoured to have turned down a £17 million bid from Brighton, while Everton and Hull City were also sniffing around.

"I said if we're not in that top eight or nine by Christmas, we'll sell him and then look to the future.

"All credit to him, he's stood by us and turned down some good money. I'm sure his agent was keen on him leaving because that's when they get paid.

"I think the player needs another year (in the Championship) and he will become a very good player and one for the future."

While there could be a big name departing the Cardiff City Stadium after Christmas, it would appear unlikely that there will be many, if any, new faces arriving in January.

exactly what i said couple of weeks ago
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Re: NEIL WARNOCK REVEALS....KENNETH ZOHORE

Postby TAP_Sheep » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:42 am

wez1927 wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock admits the club may sell star striker Kenneth Zohore in January - if the club's promotion hopes have faded by Christmas.

TALK SPORT

Neil Warnock:

exactly what i said couple of weeks ago

Yeah a lot of people kicked off on me when I said we should take anything over £12m. Looking a bit silly at the moment with 1 goal and 2 assists. But maybe his head is gone after all the speculation? Hopefully he comes good again and fires us up the table and keeps us there :thumbright:
TAP_Sheep

Re: NEIL WARNOCK REVEALS:"I WILL SELL KENNETH ZOHORE"

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has conceded that he might have to sell striker Kenneth Zohore in January.

The Bluebirds, who are currently third in the Championship table, rejected enquires about the 23-year-old from Brighton & Hove Albion and Everton during the summer window.

Warnock has admitted that, should Cardiff not be in the running for promotion come the Christmas period, the club's board may decide to cash in on Zohore.

The veteran manager told BBC Sport: "If I can get in that top eight for Christmas then obviously there is no reason [to sell].

"But what I have said to [the Cardiff hierarchy] is, he is not going to go down in price. So if we are not in the top eight at Christmas and they want to sell him, it would not go against what I wanted.

"It would not bother me in that respect. I would not want to sell him but it would not bother me if they said that. But it's not as if they are telling me I have to sell him. They have been very, very good."

Zohore, a Denmark international, has scored once in eight appearances this season, while last season he bagged 12 goals in 29 Championship appearances.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluesman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 am

Zohore will come good and start banging them in. All strikers go through these lean spells. Kane has had them every year and still been top scorer. Lets start with Sunderland on Saturday. :ayatollah:
Bluesman

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:19 am

Bluesman wrote:Zohore will come good and start banging them in. All strikers go through these lean spells. Kane has had them every year and still been top scorer. Lets start with Sunderland on Saturday. :ayatollah:

Agreed :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RYANBLUE » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:01 am

there was a spell last year that we said if he could finish he would be world class... then he had that fantastic run.

for me its not his scoring, its his general hold up play which is fantastic. Bothroyd-esq
RYANBLUE

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:22 am

Warnocks been clever here, no one is going to buy him if we arent in top 6. because its likely to mean he hasnt been scoring.
no one's going to want him.
bluebird7291

Postby TAP_Sheep » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 am

RYANBLUE wrote:there was a spell last year that we said if he could finish he would be world class... then he had that fantastic run.

for me its not his scoring, its his general hold up play which is fantastic. Bothroyd-esq

Spot on, he's a faster, stronger Bothroyd!
TAP_Sheep

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Neil Warnock shares he told Cardiff board to sell Everton target Kenneth Zohore in January if they're outside top nine

Everton made an enquiry regarding Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore in the summer, and Neil Warnock has explained what could tempt the Bluebirds to sell.

Manager of Cardiff City Neil Warnock looks on prior to the Sky Bet Championship match between Queens Park Rangers and Cardiff City at Loftus Road on March 4, 2017 in London, England.

Neil Warnock has told The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on talkSPORT (broadcast on 19th September 2017; 8:13 am) that he suggested to the Cardiff owners in the summer that rather than sell Kenneth Zohore during that window, they should wait until Christmas time and wait and see if they are in the promotion race in the Championship.

Zohore enjoyed an excellent season last term for the Bluebirds, scoring 12 times and contributing five assists in the league, and that form attracted Everton's attention, with BBC Sport reporting that the Toffees had an enquiry rejected in the final days of the window.

Cardiff striker Kenneth Zohore (c) gets in a shot during the Sky Bet Championship match between Cardiff City and Nottingham Forest at Cardiff City Stadium on April 17, 2017 in Cardiff,...

But Warnock has praised the club's owners for keeping the 23-year-old beyond the deadline, and explained that he suggested to the hierarchy that they should consider selling the striker in January if they find themselves well off the pace by the turn of the year.

"We've turned money down for four players in the summer, big money for Zohore," he told The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on talkSPORT.

Neil Warnock of Cardiff City looks on during the Sky Bet Championship match between Derby County and Cardiff City at iPro Stadium on February 14, 2017 in Derby, England.

"I said if we're not in that top eight or nine by Christmas, we'll sell him. Let's sell him and then look to the future. All credit to them, they stuck by us. They had some good money offered for him.

"When I went there, he was in the reserves with no chance. I think the player needs another year at this level, he will become a very good player, one to watch for the future."

Unfortunately for any side perhaps considering making a fresh move for Zohore in January, it appears, based on Cardiff's start to the season, that the former Denmark youth international will probably not be available in the winter window.

The Bluebirds are third in the table and level on points with current table-toppers Leeds. And interestingly, they have done that with Zohore scoring just once in their opening eight games, so perhaps it would be fair to suggest that unless his form improves in the coming months, Warnock may not have to deal with too many bids in January anyway.
Attachments
cardiff_striker_kenneth_zohore_c_gets_in_a_shot_during_the_sky_b_501770.jpg
cardiff_striker_kenneth_zohore_c_gets_in_a_shot_during_the_sky_b_501770.jpg (77.3 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat