Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I will probably be Savaged for this And accept "

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:50 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Gunnerson has not been mentioned in this blame game
Ffs watch the goal again
Gunnerson was with the goal scorer running back with him but then left him in the box all alone to head in
After the cross comes in its gunner sons fault
But we all know gunners is a annis favourite
Any way IMO whitts was at fault as usual

Steve, Gunners has also not performed that well either lately, but I will leave that to my topic on him.

I gave Bryson man of the match because he played like our others players had in their first five games :thumbright:

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:59 pm

There you on average Sol Bamba is up there with the Best in The Championship.

Clearances so far in the Championship :thumbright:

1 Adam Jackson (Barnsley) - 78

2 Bailey Wright (Bristol City) - 77

3 James Chester (Aston Villa) - 74

4 Sol Bamba (Cardiff City) - 72

5 John Terry (Aston Villa) - 70

Ive just posted about the last two games.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Truthfully wasn't Bamba envoled in all 4 goals?

This does not mean that it is 100% his fault but damn it he contributed and was the initial source for all 4 goals. By the way how many goals have we conceded all season ?

Bamba will now hopefully go on and get back to his best and hopefully the rest of the team do as well :bluebird:

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:09 pm

At the end of the day either the goalkeeper or one of the defenders will probably have the final opportunity to stop a goal being scored.
It's so easy to single out a few of these players and highlight these opportunities and make it look as if they've done nothing else all game

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:28 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Gunnerson has not been mentioned in this blame game
Ffs watch the goal again
Gunnerson was with the goal scorer running back with him but then left him in the box all alone to head in
After the cross comes in its gunner sons fault
But we all know gunners is a annis favourite
Any way IMO whitts was at fault as usual

Spot on, mate. As the goal was about to happen, I saw Gunnar look at Hooper TWICE and see he was unmarked but chose not to get closer to him, even though he had plenty of time to. I love Gunnar, but that goal is on him.

Annis, I've no idea how you can blame Bamba for that goal, and it just feels like all the Bamba hate I hear in the seats around me at CCS, even though he's been a bloody machine for us.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Agree 3 year contract was unnecessary.

Speaking to a Leeds fan about this and said Bamba had been given a 3 year deal and he said he will be rubbish now. Was amazing for us on loan then got a permanent deal and he completely changed..

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sol Bamba/Warnock and our fans.

I will probably be savaged for this & accept that I might be wrong -

But this is my honest opinion :

(1) I can not understand or support Warnock extending Bamba's contract to 3 years. He will be 35 and a half !? and past his best. Besides Leeds supporters warned us that he starts on fire but once comfortable his performance declines. Well - he is comfortable now.

(2) he cost us the goal vs Wednesday by easily losing his man before the cross . But because he scored everyone rated him high and he even made the team of the week. This is 'bull' - he made 3 or 4 mistakes as well. (3) against Preston he had a hand in all 3 (but definately 2) of their goals.

I have admired Bamba's ability and attitude since he joined us - but he needs to sharpen up . And Warnock ? What the hell was he thinking?

By the way I was happy Sol Bamba stayed on for this season and over all he will make up for his mistakes, but three years ?

It's all about opinions, I'm just a fan and yes I believe we need Sol Bamba and he is our backbone and every player has off days.

On this occasion Annis I think you have made a very good point. Certainly 3 years is too long and maybe Bamba is becoming a little too comfortable.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:52 pm

Bamba did make a mistake on Saturday but it wasn't for the goal.

For the goal Peltier was nowhere to be seen, that dragged Bamba out to try and cut out the cross. That was compounded by Gunnar who was supposed to cover but merely stood in front of the scorer and got completely the wrong side. It's a bit rich to blame that one on Bamba when the other two were much more culpable.

Bamba got away with his mistake when he let Fletcher get the wrong side only to blast over the bar.

Aside from that Bamba was the only one of the back four who was able to pass to a team mate in blue, particularly in the 1st half.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:25 am

Quite harsh on Bamba. As previously mentioned, if everyone was doing their job we wouldn't have conceded it. Peltier was out of position, so Bamba covered him. Then Gunnarsson needs to drop back to cover Bamba but he didn't and let his man go - who scored in the end.

It's down to Pelts to stick to his position and Gunnar to cover the centre-half.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:54 am

I agree with your first point Annis. A 3 year contract is too long for a 32 year old, no matter what position he plays. 2 years at best, even a rolling 1 year contract.

Disagree with some of your second point. Yes Bamba lost his man and should have prevented the cross coming in but to single him out for the goal is wrong. Bryson should have made more of an effort to prevent their guy strolling through a huge gap in midfield, Peltier was caught out of position, Morrison looked like he didn't know where he should be and Gunnar should have made more of an challenge when the cross came in. All in all a very poor team goal to concede.

Many players have had off games lately, not just Bamba. It's a long season and many will have more bad games. But we have THE best manager in the EFL to get the best out of the players.

In Warnock we trust! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:06 am

Maybe 3yrs is to long but guess he wanted longer than 1yr? other alternative was not to renue it and let him go for free next season! That would go down well on here? :roll:

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 am

pembroke allan wrote:Maybe 3 yrs is to long but guess he wanted longer than 1 yr? Other alternative was not to renew it and let him go for free next season! That would go down well on here? :roll:

As usual, a no win situation Allan and your points above are very valid. I think Leeds fans will be wishing they still had him regardless of their current position. History/experience shows that many will pick on the negative aspect of ANY situation within the club rather than the positive. It's like a recreational pursuit for some! ;)

I can see the OP's point entirely, as 3 years does seem a long contract for someone aged 32 years. However, Sol Bamba is a class act and Neil Warnock obviously has faith in him as a player, as a person and as a influence on those around him. If he believes Sol will last out his contract that's good enough for me, as to date the manager hasn't done too shabby a job in keeping the players he wants, moving on the players he doesn't and reducing the wage bill in the process. The 'new' club will certainly have thought it out before agreeing to it!

A player like Sol Bamba has 'value' in more ways than one and despite the overly harsh criticism (from some) for the odd perceived mistake, he is proving it at Cardiff City FC IMHO game after game! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:Truthfully wasn't Bamba envoled in all 4 goals?

This does not mean that it is 100% his fault but damn it he contributed and was the initial source for all 4 goals. By the way how many goals have we conceded all season ?

Bamba will now hopefully go on and get back to his best and hopefully the rest of the team do as well :bluebird:

Have a look at the Fulham goal Bamba switched off for the initial shot which Etheridge paired to the scorer. But apart from the chance for Fletcher where he got beaten I thought he had a very good second half on Saturday.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:15 pm

I think Bamba is the type of player who generally has a mistake every other game in him but that generally he makes up for that and recovers well, he has an warrior type attitude which at times makes him a little rash in his decisions but no doubt I would still rather him in our team than having to play against him.

I think it’s very unfair to say his performances have declined since his contract extension as the whole team has had a dip in recent week not just Bamba.

Also agree with others who say Peltier was at fault for his “mistake” he had to cover for him and yes he should have stopped the cross but he is a centre back, would Morrison have done any better? I doubt it. I would be more concerned why other players had no come to cover.

I do agree about the contract extension, 3 years seemed excessive to me but I think he is the type of player who will keep himself physically fit, even now at 32 is looks to have a lot more in his engine than most. Also if other clubs are offering 3 year contracts then do we risk losing him?

I don’t think it’s a problem unless you make it one really as for me he is first choice centre back, if offering him an extra year keeps him then that’s what happens. It happens pretty often with older players. I think the teams form has dipped but at those times its the likes of Bamba you want in your team who will keep fighting.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:59 pm

3 year contract is fantastic value.

Massive character in the dressing room, can make immense performances.

He is versatile. Very adept at playing CDM. Very comfortable on the ball.

By 34 you'd expect he'll be getting phased out by then but should still be a good option for us to have around.

Promotions and success are built on the dressing room character.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
griff105 wrote:How much money is the contract for?

Griff, is one of our highest paid players, but if he leads us to promotion this season well worth it :thumbright: :bluebird:

Absolutely.

However the 3 1/2 year contract may be a way of paying him the extra money and avoiding unsettling other players.

For example we'd like to pay you a two year contract for 40k per week but that would force us to pay others more.
So we'll pay you 32k but give you a longer contract than usual for a player your age.