Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I will probably be Savaged for this And accept "

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Sol Bamba/Warnock and our fans.

I will probably be savaged for this & accept that I might be wrong -

But this is my honest opinion :

(1) I can not understand or support Warnock extending Bamba's contract to 3 years. He will be 35 and a half !? and past his best. Besides Leeds supporters warned us that he starts on fire but once comfortable his performance declines. Well - he is comfortable now.

(2) he cost us the goal vs Wednesday by easily losing his man before the cross . But because he scored everyone rated him high and he even made the team of the week. This is 'bull' - he made 3 or 4 mistakes as well. (3) against Preston he had a hand in all 3 (but definately 2) of their goals.

I have admired Bamba's ability and attitude since he joined us - but he needs to sharpen up . And Warnock ? What the hell was he thinking?

By the way I was happy Sol Bamba stayed on for this season and over all he will make up for his mistakes, but three years ?

It's all about opinions, I'm just a fan and yes I believe we need Sol Bamba and he is our backbone and every player has off days.

Re: " I will probably be Savaged for this And accept "

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:04 pm

Annis, I think you'll find that bamba was covering for peltier, who again was caught out of position, for wednesdays goal, peltier rarely goes down the wing, but, against Wednesday, was constantly caught out, dragging bamba out of the middle

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Bamba came across to cover Peltier, who was missing from the right back position most of the game .

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Completely disagree about his performances apart from Preston he's been first class, he was man of the match by far on Saturday. Maybe 3 years is a year too long, a 2 year contract probably makes more sense but I won't knock Warnock for it, he's given Bamba what he thinks he deserves and he's a massive part of the squad.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:21 pm

I think he will improve when Patterson is in the right back position. Sol Bamba is not a full back and therefore, will be exposed if drawn out wide to cover.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:29 pm

For me, Peltier was at fault for that goal. Constantly out of position in the first half leaving Bamba coming across to close down and NML dragged back a lot of the time.

Agree with the 3 year contract though, probably become a surplus to requirements with age but on his day he's one of our best defenders along with Morrison even though there's a mistake in them. Hopefully Warnock won't let him get too comfortable!

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:37 pm

35 is not old for the modern footballer - there are many of that age playing at a Premier League level never mind Championship. Also, I see a role for Bamba behind the scenes in future.

Bamba has already played better for longer for us than he ever did at Leeds, and Warnock is the key to this. A 3 year contract is fair enough and you can't expect anything else at this level if you want to attract the best players.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Bamba has probably been in the top 4 players so far for us and some may say our best. He had a blip against Preston as did 75%of our squad. Peltier has been dismal frequently out of position and again on Sat as well as offering nothing going forward. How Jazz isn't our first choice is beyond me. Competes for every ball good in defending high balls and does his share of bombing forward even his tackling has improved.Playing the two central defenders 35 is not old he also reads the game well.Think Hudson.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Shocking Annis bamba was not at fault he was covering for Peltier who was blowing and out of position. Bamba was 2nd in vote for man of match! Sorry way off on this and think he looks a fit lad and ok to play until 35 for me!

Warnock and club needs to sort gunnarson contract though

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm

This sounds like a witch hunt to me.
Bamba was one of only players not to blame for that goal

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Yes Bamba was in the right back position covering for Peltier but as any school boy is taught you have to at all cost stop the cross coming in, Bamba was within 3 feet of him had him at a standstill but never the less he didn't stop the cross.

Yes Peltier was pulled once again out of position but Bamba was at fault for the goal.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Bamba is probably Tyner most consistent right now in the whole team, however, whether Peltier was out of position or not he, Bamba, should have stopped the cross. Peltier was dragged inside by Wednesday as he was most attacks.
No individual was at fault imo but more so how we set up.

Wednesday's no 5, Kieran Lee was very very mobile and combined with bannan and leech dragged both defence and mid field ragged for the first 60 minutes. Too long in my eyes. Why we allowed them so much possesion and freedom was beyond me. Especially when they have played like this for two years. Wednesday aren't no mugs and certainly shouldn't have surprised the coaching staff with their set up.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:58 pm

It's posts like this that make me not want to bother with the forums.

I'd say 99.99% of fans do not think this post about Bamba is in any way accurate. Everyone knows he's been absolutely immense for us, one of the best defenders I've seen at Cardiff in years.

It just doesn't even slightly reflect what Cardiff fans think, yet one post like this and it can create an issue that wouldn't have been there. So demoralising, we also have to have a scapegoat.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Gunnerson has not been mentioned in this blame game
Ffs watch the goal again
Gunnerson was with the goal scorer running back with him but then left him in the box all alone to head in
After the cross comes in its gunner sons fault
But we all know gunners is a annis favourite
Any way IMO whitts was at fault as usual

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:14 pm

One suspects it was what bamba wanted to stay? People cannot complain as majority were ready to slate club if let him go! :old:

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Bannan and Reach played a blinder on Saturday drawing Peltier out of position causing Bamba a headache and giving him too much to do. Would be better to give them credit rather than criticising our own. If someone should be criticised it should Warnock for not acting sooner.
As for the 3 year contract it has 2 potential benefits. Firstly if he leaves after 2 we may get a fee. Secondly it stops him talking to clubs during the second half of next season enabling him to concentrate on his football with us.
Clever business if you ask me.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm

fred keenor wrote:Bamba came across to cover Peltier, who was missing from the right back position most of the game .

Although covering for Peltier got done far to easy,should have stopped the cross.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Bamba came across to cover Peltier, who was missing from the right back position most of the game .

Although covering for Peltier got done far to easy,should have stopped the cross.

At last Cheers Woody :thumbright:

Bamba was done to easily and yes thankfully Bamba became the hero by scoring in the last second, so most want to wipe out early in the match.

I honestly feel Bamba was not that great v Preston or Sheffield Wednesday, look on his day Bamba is solid and one of our best players :thumbright: but for me lately not been up to his usual standard.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:16 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:It's posts like this that make me not want to bother with the forums.

I'd say 99.99% of fans do not think this post about Bamba is in any way accurate. Everyone knows he's been absolutely immense for us, one of the best defenders I've seen at Cardiff in years.

It just doesn't even slightly reflect what Cardiff fans think, yet one post like this and it can create an issue that wouldn't have been there. So demoralising, we also have to have a scapegoat.

Scott, are not forums all about opinions/fans opinions? and I respect others who are far different than mine and thats how it should be :thumbright:

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:18 pm

I have to strongly disagree with the OP.
Bamba has been brilliant for us from day one. You mention a couple of mistakes!? Who doesn't make the odd mistake at championship level. I watch a lot of premier league football on sky/BT and believe me there a lot of mistakes made by top, top players.
With regards to the age, 35 is not old. Even if by then he's more of a squad player he'll be more than useful playing wise and possibly coaching.

Very strange post but I respect your view.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:24 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I have to strongly disagree with the OP.
Bamba has been brilliant for us from day one. You mention a couple of mistakes!? Who doesn't make the odd mistake at championship level. I watch a lot of premier league football on sky/BT and believe me there a lot of mistakes made by top, top players.
With regards to the age, 35 is not old. Even if by then he's more of a squad player he'll be more than useful playing wise and possibly coaching.

Very strange post but I respect your view.

Cheers for Respecting My View,even if you totally disagree :thumbright:

The prob is if Bamba makes mistakes they can be costly, we depend on him big time and yes he is the backbone of our first team.
By the way its not just pick on Bamba, I am trying to figure out our loss of form?

So far I have posted about Zohore, Etheridge and Bamba.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Sol Bamba has been immense for the vast majority of games since signing for City and for most he was Player of the season last year and didn't play a whole season with us though I was at Preston and he certainly was nowhere near the levels he has set since arriving at CCS.

On Saturday he was caught out of position and some argue that was because of Peltier being pulled out but I have watched the goal again and Bamba should in my opinion have held his position and shape and Gunnarsson should have gone to the flank allowing Bamba to pick up the eventual goal scorer.

There was another point in the game that Morrison and Bamba both went for the same ball and attacked it while defending and we gave away possession.

I am being completely honest when I say I was surprised at the length of contract he was given and that surprise was purely down to his age.

Bamba is certainly a fans favourite but that does not mean he or any other player is beyond criticism or old fashioned debate, isn't that what messageboards are for?

I remember I weren't in line with most people's view of Kevin McNaughton's ability and was roundly criticised, we are all managers and tacticians in our head but that is the beauty of the game.

Bamba did not have a good game on Saturday and he certainly had a stinker on Tuesday at Deepdale, as well as others, but his goal glossed over his performance and also Warnock's strategy too.

Hopefully we will see a better performance from Bamba and the rest of the team on Saturday at Sunderland.

As you can tell I believe it was two points dropped on Saturday at home and not a point gained.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:28 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Gunnerson has not been mentioned in this blame game
Ffs watch the goal again
Gunnerson was with the goal scorer running back with him but then left him in the box all alone to head in
After the cross comes in its gunner sons fault
But we all know gunners is a annis favourite
Any way IMO whitts was at fault as usual

This. Let the player stroll through midfield way too easily. Ran about 20 yards before passing unopposed out wide. Said to my mate at the time they'll score here. Ball should never have made it wide.

Good head from Hooper too though. Right in the bottom corner. Etheridge no chance.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Suppose we can always sell him on within those 3 years.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Bamba - the facts remain :

(1) I am convinced that the 3 years was totally unnecessary & will cost us money. Let us remind each other in 2019-2020.

(2) for Wed goal- whether pulled out by Peltier or not- the fact remains that he should have stopped the cross.

(3) Preston's 1st goal- he gave away the free kick which resulted in the goal. Yes Etheridge was so so bad and should have stopped the easiest of free kicks.

(4) Preston's 2nd goal Bamba loses his man 10yds into our half - resulting into the goal (5) Preston's 3rd goal - all Bamba needed to do was head the simplest of balls to Etheridge. He didn't. A big stupid mix-up.

Yes none of the goals could totally be attributed to Bamba bu the point is he was envolved in ALL of them and should have done better. (6) I did praise Bamba and his big contribution since he joined us.

However this does not mean that he does not make mistakes or is beyond criticism.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Without a doubt one of our best and most consistent players.

I despair at times. Honestly Annis I hope you delete that post before somebody at the club reads it. It's very very negative seeking to put down a player who has helped transform the squad with Warnock.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:43 pm

How much money is the contract for?

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:46 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Without a doubt one of our best and most consistent players.

I despair at times. Honestly Annis I hope you delete that post before somebody at the club reads it. It's very very negative seeking to put down a player who has helped transform the squad with Warnock.

Are you serious, as a fan I can't give my opinions :lol:

In the last few games we have not played well and Etheridge, Bamba, Zohore have not played to their potentials and two of them making costly costly mistakes.

This is a football forum to talk about how each one of see it, I see it different than many, but because I do, your saying I must shut up and delete :lol: :lol:

Its not a Dictatorship and fans are suppose to say how they see it,even if it upsets some :thumbright:

if you read it, I am a big Bamba fan, but for me the last two games is not the Bamba I have seen in the other games.

I'm sure footballers get worse critics than my few words.

By the way, I do agree one of the most consistent players over all :thumbright:

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:Sol Bamba has been immense for the vast majority of games since signing for City and for most he was Player of the season last year and didn't play a whole season with us though I was at Preston and he certainly was nowhere near the levels he has set since arriving at CCS.

On Saturday he was caught out of position and some argue that was because of Peltier being pulled out but I have watched the goal again and Bamba should in my opinion have held his position and shape and Gunnarsson should have gone to the flank allowing Bamba to pick up the eventual goal scorer.

There was another point in the game that Morrison and Bamba both went for the same ball and attacked it while defending and we gave away possession.

I am being completely honest when I say I was surprised at the length of contract he was given and that surprise was purely down to his age.

Bamba is certainly a fans favourite but that does not mean he or any other player is beyond criticism or old fashioned debate, isn't that what messageboards are for?

I remember I weren't in line with most people's view of Kevin McNaughton's ability and was roundly criticised, we are all managers and tacticians in our head but that is the beauty of the game.

Bamba did not have a good game on Saturday and he certainly had a stinker on Tuesday at Deepdale, as well as others, but his goal glossed over his performance and also Warnock's strategy too.

Hopefully we will see a better performance from Bamba and the rest of the team on Saturday at Sunderland.

As you can tell I believe it was two points dropped on Saturday at home and not a point gained.

you think bamba who was goal side and tracking him should have stopped for gunner to make up 10 yards..no

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:47 pm

griff105 wrote:How much money is the contract for?

Griff, is one of our highest paid players, but if he leads us to promotion this season well worth it :thumbright: :bluebird: