“ CARDIFF COULD STILL HOST EURO 2020 “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:07 am

BBC

Thursday 21st September 2017

The Football Association of Wales will bid to stage Euro 2020 matches amid doubts over games in Brussels.

The proposed new Eurostadium in Grimbergen, just north of the Belgian capital, is due to stage fixtures but has yet to be built.

Cardiff's Principality Stadium, Wembley and Stockholm in Sweden are all being considered as Uefa starts a process of selecting a possible replacement city.

The FAW says it is delighted to be offered a chance to bid.

The tournament is being spread among 13 host cities across Europe, with London's Wembley Stadium already part of the schedule.

The Uefa Executive Committee will make a final decision on 7 December, with Belgium officials needing to prove they have all relevant permits to begin stadium construction by 20 November.

In a statement issued to the BBC, Football Association of Wales chief executive Jonathan Ford said: "Naturally the FAW are delighted to be given this opportunity.

"We will work hard to once again produce a strong case for the games to be played in Cardiff and will use the experience of the Champions League to demonstrate what a success we will make of hosting these matches.

"It would be fantastic for Welsh football to not only qualify for the Euro 2020 finals but also to stage some of the key matches."
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ CARDIFF COULD STILL HOST EURO 2020 “

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:15 am

Grimbergen what a cracking beer that is :occasion5:
1980s Bluebird

WALES COULD HOST YET ANOTHER MAJOR TOURNAMENT

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Wales are putting there name into the hat for hosting the European Championship in 2020, as Brussels will be replaced, could this happen, before this years Champions League Final at the Principality Stadium us Welsh fans would never thought of the day well night, so what I am saying is that we have put our name in the World for the Champions League Final so why not the Euro 2020 Tournament, the final decision will be made in December on the final Venue for the Euro 2020 Tournament.

Come On WALES!!!
:)

Here is the Link from Wales Online: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... o-13650995
Attachments
1200px-Inside_the_Millennium_Stadium,_Cardiff.jpg
1200px-Inside_the_Millennium_Stadium,_Cardiff.jpg (288.56 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Re: WALES COULD HOST YET ANOTHER MAJOR TOURNAMENT

Postby SwampCCFC » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:18 pm

what a farce the euros will become. low standards due to expanding the number of mediocre teams, now there will be no fixed country (or two countries) where the tournament will be held. its been completely ruined now and i could not care less whether a couple of games are hosted in the millennium stadium.
SwampCCFC

Re: WALES COULD HOST YET ANOTHER MAJOR TOURNAMENT

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:36 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:what a farce the euros will become. low standards due to expanding the number of mediocre teams, now there will be no fixed country (or two countries) where the tournament will be held. its been completely ruined now and i could not care less whether a couple of games are hosted in the millennium stadium.

Have to agree here :thumbup:

Would be good for the WRU and MillStad coffers though! ;) :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat