' Neil Warnock hits back furiously at critics '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:49 am

Neil Warnock hits back furiously at critics of Cardiff City's style

Friday 22nd September 2017

Neil Warnock has hit back at any suggestions Championship rivals are beginning to figure out his Cardiff City side, saying the ‘Warnock Way’ is winning games.

The Bluebirds had a storming start to the season, enjoying a five-game winning streak from the campaign's kick-off and losing just once in a run leaves them level on points at the top of table heading into Saturday’s trip to Sunderland.

But the first dropped points of the campaign after a week including draws against Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday either side of defeat at Preston has left Warnock open to a first taste of – albeit mild – criticism from some quarters.

It includes the stats that show Cardiff are bottom of the passing table, attempting fewer passes than any other side in the second-tier.

But Warnock wasted little time in scoffing at such figures, and insisted his only focus is on winning football games – and reckons the Cari fans are just fine with that.

And he pointed to the statistics that show Cardiff are testing out opposition goalkeepers more than anyone else with 48 shots on target from their eight games so far.

Asked whether teams were beginning to work out the way his team play, Warnock said: “What is the way we play? I don’t mean to be disrespectful and say it’s a silly question, but I don’t honestly know.

“I once went to an interview at Norwich and they asked if their fans would accept the ‘Warnock Way’? I said what do you mean, winning? I don’t understand what the ‘Warnock Way’ is, me.

“I want to entertain. I saw the stats this week about passing and things but would you rather pass the ball across the pitch ten yards, 15 yards, get ten passes in? Or would you rather be the best in the league on shots? We’ve had 48 shots – nobody is anywhere near us.

“So what do you want as a fan? Do you want to see shots on target or do you want us to pass the ball across the pitch on the halfway line? Last weekend’s game, Sheffield Wednesday had two shots on target - well, one on target and one missed effort in 90 minutes and goodness knows how much possession they had.

“So if I get criticised for wanting to entertain and enjoy chances and crosses and shots then fire away, yeah, yeah, that’s the Warnock Way — you’ll get plenty of that.”
Attachments
CDF_061016_CF_Neil_Warnock_13JPG.jpg
CDF_061016_CF_Neil_Warnock_13JPG.jpg (18.27 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Neil Warnock hits back furiously at critics '