Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW:WARNOCK MADE SOME BIG CHANGES TODAY & CARDIFF SHOULD

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:52 pm

MY VIEW/ OPINION

WARNOCK MADE SOME BIG CHANGES TODAY & CARDIFF SHOULD OF FINISHED SUNDERLAND OFF IN THE FIRST-HALF & MADE HARD WORK OF IT, BUT A WIN IS A WIN & AN AWAY WIN EVEN BETTER :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY HAVE TO BEAT TEAMS LIKE SUNDERLAND IF WE HAVE ANY CHANCE OF A TOP 6 COME MAY :bluebird:

Sol Bamba, Junior Hoilett, were both dropped and Bruno Manga,Liam Feeney were brought in and Jazz Richards for injured Lee Peltier.

For me Kenneth Zohore or Liam Feeney did nothing for City today.

Cardiff dominated the first 30mins of the first-half :bluebird:

2nd-half Sunderland came out all guns blazing and equalised with in 8mins.

Grinding three points out today keeps City firmly right up there :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

SUNDERLAND 1 CARDIFF CITY 2 :thumbright: :thumbright:
Crowd 25,733
Away Support Cardiff Fans 643 :bluebird:

7th min Bryson
73rd min Joe Ralls Pen

Neil Etheridge, Jazz Richards, Sean Morrison, Bruno Manga,Joe Bennett, Aron Gunnarsson, Joe Ralls
Craig Bryson , Liam Feeney, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Kenneth Zohore

Subs: Brian Murphy,Sol Bamba,Greg Halford, Loic Damour ,Lee Tomlin ,Junior Hoilett ,Omar Bogle.

Over 600 Cardiff fans travelled up to the North East today very confident of three points with Sunderland having not won a League home game for over 9 months.

What a start by Cardiff in the 7th min,Etheridge goal-kick was headed on and flicked over the top for Craig Bryson to run in behind and volley home 0-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Bryson had a few more chances and the the first 30 mins City controlled easily :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff dominated the first 30mins of the first-half :bluebird:

Sunderland started getting back in the game.

Sunderland hit the post in the 43rd min from 25 yards open play shot, Etheridge was beaten but saved by the post.

H/T Sunderland 0 Cardiff City 1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sunderland started brightly had three chances and on the 3rd chance were awarded a penalty,Morrison foul and Gooch equalised with the penalty 1-1 in the 54th min :cry:

Ridiculous decision. Gunnarsson was booked for dissent after replacing a shinpad. Appeared to be told he had to leave the field, he didn’t and he’s now into the book :shock: :shock:

Junior Hoilett came on for Liam Feeney who had done nothing for us.

A foul on Sean Morrison and City got a penalty in the 73rd min Joe Ralls 1-2 :bluebird: :bluebird:

City could of made it 1-3, but Hoilett shot just wide of the post.

Etheridge made a couple of good saves :ayatollah:

Zohore was replaced by Bogle in the 85th min.

Gunnarsson was replaced by Bamba in the 90th min

End to end the last few minutes.

F/T Sunderland 1 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: :thumbright:

My Man of the Match Craig Bryson :thumbright:

UP NEXT LEEDS UNITED HOME THIS TUESDAY NIGHT :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WARNOCK MADE SOME BIG CHANGES TODAY & CARDIFF SHOULD OF

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:57 pm

The Stadium of Space! :shock:

Hard work today but as you say, a win is a win is a win! :clap: :clap: :clap: :ayatollah:

Re: MY VIEW:WARNOCK MADE SOME BIG CHANGES TODAY & CARDIFF SH

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:00 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WARNOCK MADE SOME BIG CHANGES TODAY & CARDIFF SHOULD OF

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Sven wrote:The Stadium of Space! :shock:

Hard work today but as you say, a win is a win is a win! :clap: :clap: :clap: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Chris, correct a win is a win :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Wasn't pretty, but it was never guna be up there! Great 3 points.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:06 pm

nubbsy wrote:Wasn't pretty, but it was never guna be up there! Great 3 points.

Jack spot on :thumbright: :bluebird:

We are right up there :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Tuesday

Cardiff City v Leeds
Sheff Utd v Wolves

Next weekend

Cardiff City v Derby
Burton v Wolves
Sheff Wed v Leeds

Be a few interesting matches.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Tuesday

Cardiff City v Leeds
Sheff Utd v Wolves

Next weekend

Cardiff City v Derby
Burton v Wolves
Sheff Wed v Leeds

Karl, exciting times and I fly in Thursday night and go back Saturday night after the Derby home game :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Cardiff City v Leeds
Sheff Utd v Wolves

Next weekend

Cardiff City v Derby
Burton v Wolves
Sheff Wed v Leeds

Karl, exciting times and I fly in Thursday night and go back Saturday night after the Derby home game :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Have a safe trip over and back and if we can play like we know we can we could do with 2 home wins.

Bryson is a holed in cert for his position got a mate who is Derby supporter and he's not happy he was allowed to leave.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cardiff City v Leeds
Sheff Utd v Wolves

Next weekend

Cardiff City v Derby
Burton v Wolves
Sheff Wed v Leeds

Have a safe trip over and back and if we can play like we know we can we could do with 2 home wins.

Bryson is a holed in cert for his position got a mate who is Derby supporter and he's not happy he was allowed to leave.

Cheers Karl :thumbright:

We can win both games, I will take opts now :lol: :bluebird:

Bryson great signing :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:21 pm

A win is a win......well done City.

Quite frankly it doesn't matter how you get 3 points, you just got to get em. We were never pretty under Malky, ground out results and ended up Champions......we'd all love to win 5-0 every week but this is the Championship, and every point is vital.

This time last year we may have got a point.......Warnock is the difference, and what a difference he is.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Big win. Puts us in better confidence for Leeds on Tuesday.

Sounds like Bryson ran the game.

Makes the Sheffield Wednesday draw a better result and hopefully we can now win our two home games.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Leeds and wolves both very strong teams going to be hard to beat for the rest of the season - big test Tuesday evening

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Ground looked empty but 25k good turn out considering there sobshit !?

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:46 pm

What's up with Zahore ? Is he sulking because his move to Brighton was rejected ? Or is he just on a bad run of form ?

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Can bryson play against derby as he's on loan?

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:55 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:A win is a win......well done City.

Quite frankly it doesn't matter how you get 3 points, you just got to get em. We were never pretty under Malky, ground out results and ended up Champions......we'd all love to win 5-0 every week but this is the Championship, and every point is vital.

This time last year we may have got a point.......Warnock is the difference, and what a difference he is.

Absolutely Spot on Jim :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:55 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Big win. Puts us in better confidence for Leeds on Tuesday.

Sounds like Bryson ran the game.

Makes the Sheffield Wednesday draw a better result and hopefully we can now win our two home games.

Ned, sets the Leeds game up massive, can we get 30,000 :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:56 pm

mallo wrote:Ground looked empty but 25k good turn out considering there sobshit !?

Mallo, I think their capacity is about 47,000?

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Any away win is a brilliant result. Glad Warnock made some changes, I think it was needed to keep things fresh. Delighted with the win.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:36 pm

mallo wrote:Leeds and wolves both very strong teams going to be hard to beat for the rest of the season - big test Tuesday evening

Yes and Villa,Derby and quite a few more clubs.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:What's up with Zahore ? Is he sulking because his move to Brighton was rejected ? Or is he just on a bad run of form ?

Worrying.

But maybe a goal will get him going again.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Any away win is a brilliant result. Glad Warnock made some changes, I think it was needed to keep things fresh. Delighted with the win.

Luke, it's a squad / team and it shows we have strength in depth :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Yeah very happy to see Warnock utilise his squad and make some much needed changes to freshen things up. Jazz Richards should be among the first on the teamsheet in my opinion. Great 3 points :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Any away win is a brilliant result. Glad Warnock made some changes, I think it was needed to keep things fresh. Delighted with the win.

Luke, it's a squad / team and it shows we have strength in depth :bluebird: :bluebird:

Totally agree, I think we will see more changes now when we play twice in a week. We have players to come in, the bench has generally looked impressive this season.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:40 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Yeah very happy to see Warnock utilise his squad and make some much needed changes to freshen things up. Jazz Richards should be among the first on the teamsheet in my opinion. Great 3 points :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Yes, it keeps healthy competition for places :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree, I think we will see more changes now when we play twice in a week. We have players to come in, the bench has generally looked impressive this season.

Luke, I agree the bench has been the best I have seen for many a year :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:46 pm

' UPDATED ' :bluebird:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:56 pm

In my opinion tomlin needs to play some part against leeds. Free kicks passes the ball well. Needs a chance :thumbup:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:59 pm

erinsown wrote:In my opinion tomlin needs to play some part against leeds. Free kicks passes the ball well. Needs a chance :thumbup:

Yes I can see Warnock changing todays team for the Leeds game.

Def bring back Sol Bamba and Tomlin I can see taking part :bluebird: :bluebird: