Albert Einstein
lyndipops

" Plenty of shots but Zohore fails to impress! "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Plenty of shots but Zohore fails to impress! "

Postby englishbluebird » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:18 pm

I think if your not winning matches and your main striker is not scoring-then its time to worry.
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby lyndipops » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:21 pm

Impressive stats here! :ayatollah: :occasion5:

IMG_6979.PNG
IMG_6979.PNG (180.46 KiB) Viewed 8458 times
Last edited by lyndipops on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Zahore wasn't great again today but was part of a winning team. Not sure where ward was today as i would like to see him start a game.

Bennett my man of the match
boyo1927

Postby lyndipops » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:25 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Zahore wasn't great again today but was part of a winning team. Not sure where ward was today as i would like to see him start a game.

I was thinking the same thing myself! Where was Ward today? :?:

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:27 pm

I think he desperately needs a goal. I don't know whats happened to him since the international break because even though he wasn't scoring then he was playing well which is why it wasn't really brought up, but since the international break his performances have been poor. Hopefully he gets his goal soon as I don't know how long you can go before giving Danny Ward a chance.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby jon1959 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:31 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Zahore wasn't great again today but was part of a winning team. Not sure where ward was today as i would like to see him start a game.

Injured - according to the WalesOnline blog before kick off. Peltier also carrying a knock.
jon1959

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Not playing well his touch as deserted him but flick on for 1st goal and didn't he assist goal in last game? Musnt forget part of a successful team. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Radio commentary saying his touch was very poor and could have had two but failed to get either shot away.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:37 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Radio commentary saying his touch was very poor and could have had two but failed to get either shot away.

It shows hes getting into position just his touch letting him down :old:
pembroke allan

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:40 pm

His touch was terrible again but seems his pace and strength is not what it was. Maybe a goal will help turn his performances. Personally I would like to see ward get a chance
boyo1927

Postby jon1959 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:41 pm

jon1959 wrote:

Injured - according to the WalesOnline blog before kick off. Peltier also carrying a knock.

Just to be clear - Ward is injured. Zohore and Bennett aren't.
jon1959

Postby Sven » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:45 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Radio commentary saying his touch was very poor and could have had two but failed to get either shot away.

I listened to that too, Paul. They reckoned "for such a big guy" he was being bullied by the two centre backs and he has to learn quickly how to turn the tide. Thankfully, Neil Warnock and his coaching team are all too aware of Kenneth Zohore and his strengths/weaknesses, which is why they will improve him as the season progresses. We've done pretty well as team, so imagine when he starts firing on all cylinders! :thumbright:

Glass half full for me where Kenneth Zohore is concerned! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

I'd certainly start him on Tuesday but if he fails again I'd like to see Ward given a chance for the following game if he's fit. That's what the squad is for.
Hopefully Zahore starts firing again against Leeds.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Nuclearblue » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Saw that tin pot beer mat badge that they put up against our Name and then refused to look at what they put. If they can't get the badge right what chances of them getting the stats right ?
Nuclearblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:58 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I'd certainly start him on Tuesday but if he fails again I'd like to see Ward given a chance for the following game if he's fit. That's what the squad is for.

I have always felt that fans went a bit over the top where Zohore was concerned, although I know from previous posts that not many agree with me on this. I noticed the same sort of excitement when Doyle was signed, and again when Lambert arrived. Our supporters can sometimes get very enthusiastic over players who sometimes turn out to be not quite what was anticipated. Zohore scored a handful of goals over a three or four month period, but other than that has not exactly been a prolific scorer. I will wait and see what happens and hope he can score on a regular basis, not just over half a season. At the moment he is on track to get 5 or 6 goals this season. I expect he will eventually get a few more than this, but as far as I am concerned the jury is still out at the present time. Just my personal thoughts, and I hope he can do a job for us.
Steve Zodiak

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I have always felt that fans went a bit over the top where Zohore was concerned, although I know from previous posts that not many agree with me on this. I noticed the same sort of excitement when Doyle was signed, and again when Lambert arrived. Our supporters can sometimes get very enthusiastic over players who sometimes turn out to be not quite what was anticipated. Zohore scored a handful of goals over a three or four month period, but other than that has not exactly been a prolific scorer. I will wait and see what happens and hope he can score on a regular basis, not just over half a season. At the moment he is on track to get 5 or 6 goals this season. I expect he will eventually get a few more than this, but as far as I am concerned the jury is still out at the present time. Just my personal thoughts, and I hope he can do a job for us.

He reminds me of bothroyd. On his day he can be unplayable....

He started the season on fire just needs a goal off his arse and get confidence back. I believe he will come good again but needs to be dropped so he can see he has to do more
boyo1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:23 pm

He will come good, could be the pressure or just a bit of a drought.
2blue2handle

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Couldn't agree more about our fans on here and their expectations at times. I remember I was with you on Doyle and especially Lambert when others were creaming themselves. :lol:
Hopefully Zahore will come good again soon but if not we have a squad we must use.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby lyndipops » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Warnock just said Ward was due to play but he has come down with a virus. He obviously intended to rest Zahore and I get the impresion that he just needs a rest. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:04 pm

lyndipops wrote:Warnock just said Ward was due to play but he has come down with a virus. He obviously intended to rest Zahore and I get the impresion that he just needs a rest. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Just watched that on I follow. If he is over the virus may start on Tuesday I expect
boyo1927

Postby Bluebina » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:06 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Of course he will get more than five or six, he's on a bad run, but wait till he gets going, don't write him off too early ....
Bluebina

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Of course he will get more than five or six, he's on a bad run, but wait till he gets going, don't write him off too early ....

Certainly not written him off. I am going more on his stats to date, he has not exactly set the world alight where goals are concerned. It takes a bit to convince me and get all enthusiastic about someone. He has a way to go before I will be getting all excited. I never believed Doyle would be any good here, I said the minute Lambert signed he was a waste of money who would be permanently injured, and while I don't put Zohore into those sort of categories, he has not done much so far in his career, not as a scorer anyway. Looks like he has the potential to do really well here, but plenty of others have never really lived up to their potential. I hope he is not one of them.
Steve Zodiak

Postby mucker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:32 pm

NW said on radio that Ward was due to play but picked up a bug.
mucker

Postby Willo Cardiff » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:44 pm

I've got a good feeling he's going to score against the weeds :occasion5:
Willo Cardiff

Postby lincoln blue » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:51 pm

I was looking through a few newspaper sport sections at the supermarket this morning and two of them had him in their Championship Team of the week. I wasn't there yesterday so, who to believe? "funny old game"!!
lincoln blue

Postby Alan_in_China » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:35 am

Sven wrote:

I listened to that too, Paul. They reckoned "for such a big guy" he was being bullied by the two centre backs and he has to learn quickly how to turn the tide. Thankfully, Neil Warnock and his coaching team are all too aware of Kenneth Zohore and his strengths/weaknesses, which is why they will improve him as the season progresses. We've done pretty well as team, so imagine when he starts firing on all cylinders! :thumbright:

At the start of the season HE was the one doing the bullying - now, he's too busy playing the victim. He seems more intent on trying to win a free-kick, rather than show any concerted effort to out pace or out wit his opponent. He's looking to the referee all the time and even beginning to hold his arms up towards team mates in frustration.
A break on the sidelines might give him a chance to reflect a little on what he needs to be doing and just take a breather from the whirlwind start he's made to his career with us.
Alan_in_China

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
Sven wrote:

At the start of the season HE was the one doing the bullying - now, he's too busy playing the victim. He seems more intent on trying to win a free-kick, rather than show any concerted effort to out pace or out wit his opponent. He's looking to the referee all the time and even beginning to hold his arms up towards team mates in frustration.
A break on the sidelines might give him a chance to reflect a little on what he needs to be doing and just take a breather from the whirlwind start he's made to his career with us.

That's what a drop in confidence can do to a player and maybe more so for a striker, as the two biggest 'arm-wavers' I've ever seen down the City were Bothroyd and Earnie!

Thankfully, Kenneth Zohore isn't at their level yet and he just needs to stay strong and let the opposing players he won't be pushed around!
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby brickyblue » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 am

Being marked by two everywhere he goes but his runs bring others in to space which create goals.
He just needs to learn more about the game being a marked man now he just needs to vary his positioning.
Top strikers make that little extra space for them selves at the crucial time then its about other players giving them the ball at the right time.i feel he needs more education on this.
Very difficult to drop him as confidence will dip .
Im sure Warnock is more aware than us whats what he defo needs needs to gamble more and follow up shots to .
He's a good player hope he scores tonight in front of a big crowd do him the world of good. :bluescarf:
brickyblue

Postby Willo Cardiff » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Willo Cardiff wrote:I've got a good feeling he's going to score against the weeds :occasion5:

Told you :thumbright:
Willo Cardiff

Next

Return to General Chat