Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Highest Home League Crowd for 41 years???? '

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Yeah, they had about 5000 there, I can't remember them having the Enclosure as well though. I just remember the hordes of Cardiff attacking them for what seemed like half the game. There were hardly any of them left in the ground with about 10 mins to go, as they'd all legged it to their cars/coaches/special train early.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:27 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:Yeah, they had about 5000 there, I can't remember them having the Enclosure as well though. I just remember the hordes of Cardiff attacking them for what seemed like half the game. There were hardly any of them left in the ground with about 10 mins to go, as they'd all legged it to their cars/coaches/special train early.

your memory of it is much as mine is..dont remember any in enclosure and yes loads of them made a run for it early...i remember how shocked they all looked.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Taking my to grandsons and my daughter in law as well had them tickets through my season ticket for tomorrow night one of my grandsons in the school of excellence with cardiff there first ever city game what a game to pick I'm in the family stand with them tomorrow night my mate son got my ticket for the match

Re: Highest home crowd for 41 years????

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Sven wrote:1976?? :shock: Strewth, I was at that game in one of the best seasons ever as a City supporter! :ayatollah:

A fantastic 2-0 win for Jimmy Andrew's Cardiff City on our way to promotion (we finished second to a great Hereford team of that era) with goals from Doug Livermore and one of my all-time favourite Alan Campbell :clap: :clap:

Remember it like it was yesterday but they stuffed us in the away game 4-1 at The Cow Shed :o :shock:

Me too. Fantastic atmosphere. Hereford had a goal disallowed early on but we played superb and deserved the win. Was also at the 4-1 in Hereford. Was that the game when a small wall collapsed in our end under the pressure from all our fans? :bluescarf:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Up to 6.30pm today 26,000 tickets have been sold :thumbright: :bluebird:

You can buy them from 8.30am tomorrow and right up to kick off, lets beat our record :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
epping blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:I think you're mistaken, Everton were on the Bob Bank, and had a torrid time all game.

I though they had half the Bob bank with the late great Jeff Richards keeping the sides apart on his own at times. I cant remember the numbers but thought t was loads. They had about 4 special trains.

it was thousands mate and yes 4 trains all of which were attacked both from Cardiff who had chassed them down slopper rd and Cardiff who had jumped the bob bank wall on to the railway lines.

My memory is not what it should be but I'm pretty sure that they were brought straight off the trains and directly into the back of the Bob Bank. May have been the only time that happened. They probably went back via Sloper Road though.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:00 pm

epping blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Eddie ccfc wrote:Looking at the e ticketing map of the stadium now and seeing the lower bowl is virtually red sold out surely we will get 30,000+ now as its 28,000 without the new stand and they started selling those this morning and we still got the rest of today and tomorrow and the walk up crowd to go, this is looking like our highest home attendance since Hereford in 1976 att:35,549

I'm sure the cup game against Everton in 77 was well over 30k.

Just checked a programme for the Chelsea home game from that season and the attendance was 35,582 for the Everton Cup Match in February 1977.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I was there, great match, so biggest League crowd Gary :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

About 10,000 of them were Everton fans though.

They had half the Bob Bank

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:00 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Eddie ccfc wrote:Looking at the e ticketing map of the stadium now and seeing the lower bowl is virtually red

Hang on when that happened at "The Brighton Match" everyone was up in arms... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Up to 6.30pm today 26,000 tickets have been sold :thumbright: :bluebird:

You can buy them from 8.30am tomorrow and right up to kick off, lets beat our record :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I'm guessing this figure includes the 2700 off for Leeds Annis ?

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 pm

Jock wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Eddie ccfc wrote:Looking at the e ticketing map of the stadium now and seeing the lower bowl is virtually red sold out surely we will get 30,000+ now as its 28,000 without the new stand and they started selling those this morning and we still got the rest of today and tomorrow and the walk up crowd to go, this is looking like our highest home attendance since Hereford in 1976 att:35,549

Just checked a programme for the Chelsea home game from that season and the attendance was 35,582 for the Everton Cup Match in February 1977.

I was there, great match, so biggest League crowd Gary :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

They were housed in a purpose built enclosure from scaffold tubes at the canton end of the bob bank . Two thousand fans is what they brought and as others have stated had a torrid time all match and were pretty much all gone with 15 minutes left. Someone put a brick through Albert lamours front room window of his house that night because of his back pass which gave Everton the winning goal

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Up to 6.30pm today 26,000 tickets have been sold :thumbright: :bluebird:

I'm guessing this figure includes the 2700 off for Leeds Annis ?

Traffic and parking is going to be a nightmare, it's bad enough in the evenings anyway.

Better leave earlier than normal, it's going to be a special night :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Me and two of my mates are walking up tomoro to buy tickets around 6:30pm hope the queues are not to big.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
epping blue wrote:

:lol:

Hmm 5,000?

Remember them lobbing bricks from Ninian Holt after the game

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:22 am

Valley Lad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
epping blue wrote:

Hmm 5,000?

There was fighting outside there as well, Everton were rough lot then.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am

Only 300-400 tickets remaining in the Ninian Upper now, all other parts of the ground are sold out :thumbup: :notworthy:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:36 am

BobbyBlue wrote:Me and two of my mates are walking up tomoro to buy tickets around 6:30pm hope the queues are not to big.

The way they are selling mate It may be a wasted walk?

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:45 am

steve davies wrote:
Jock wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
epping blue wrote:

They were housed in a purpose built enclosure from scaffold tubes at the canton end of the bob bank . Two thousand fans is what they brought and as others have stated had a torrid time all match and were pretty much all gone with 15 minutes left. Someone put a brick through Albert lamours front room window of his house that night because of his back pass which gave Everton the winning goal

In my memory was the dividing line between the fans was around the TV gantry, maybe even a little towards the grange end. That's certainly where Jeff Richards carried out the best policing work I've ever seen.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:48 am

BobbyBlue wrote:Me and two of my mates are walking up tomoro to buy tickets around 6:30pm hope the queues are not to big.

buy them on the phone and just go early to pick them up

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:54 am

paulh_85 wrote:

There's thousands in the Upper Ninian that they're holding back. They will be released as the day goes on so I cant imagine anyone who turns up not getting in.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:25 am

epping blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

There's thousands in the Upper Ninian that they're holding back. They will be released as the day goes on so I cant imagine anyone who turns up not getting in.

wasnt my point really more about the queuing as you can collect tickets from the box not the ticket office :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:41 am

paulh_85 wrote:
epping blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

wasnt my point really more about the queuing as you can collect tickets from the box not the ticket office :ayatollah:

Fair point. Lots sold in the last few days need to be picked up.

Re: UPDATED: ' Highest Home League Crowd for 41 years???? '

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 am

I wonder if the red seats are going to be open for fans, to use

Re: UPDATED: ' Highest Home League Crowd for 41 years???? '

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:29 am

Sam ReaN wrote:I wonder if the red seats are going to be open for fans, to use

"open for fans, to use" for what? Frisbies??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Only 300-400 tickets remaining in the Ninian Upper now, all other parts of the ground are sold out :thumbup: :notworthy:

Yep, just left the Ticket Office, a steady but not lengthy queue and only Upper Ninian (Level 5) available ;)

Let's get this place ROCKING, people! :ayatollah: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re: BREAKING NEWS: TONIGHTS CARDIFF CITY LEAGUE CROWD WILL B

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:49 pm

' UPDATED 26/09/ 17 '

BREAKING NEWS: " TONIGHTS CARDIFF CITY LEAGUE CROWD WILL BE THE HIGHEST EVER LEAGUE CROWD IN THE CARDIFF CITY STADIUM " :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Highest Home League Crowd for 41 years for Cardiff City Tonight :thumbright: :bluebird:

Re: BREAKING NEWS: TONIGHTS CARDIFF CITY LEAGUE CROWD WILL B

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' UPDATED 26/09/ 17 '

BREAKING NEWS: " TONIGHTS CARDIFF CITY LEAGUE CROWD WILL BE THE HIGHEST EVER LEAGUE CROWD IN THE CARDIFF CITY STADIUM " :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Highest Home League Crowd for 41 years for Cardiff City Tonight :thumbright: :bluebird:

That really is fantastic! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :clap: :clap:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
epping blue wrote:

Hmm 5,000?

There was fighting outside there as well, Everton were rough lot then.

They thought they were rough, they had a terrible hiding before, during and after the game.