Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Programme

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Is it just me or is anybody else totally embarrassed by our programme this season UAV seen all away programmes last season and this ours would look a poor effort in Scottish league 2 any thoughts

Re: Programme

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:18 pm

For quite a few seasons the match-day programme has been deteriorating from its average standard. Now it is laden with adverts and apart from a couple of regular contributions it is really quite a poor offering. To charge £3 for each edition is scandalous when viewed against other club's £3 programmes. Furthermore the pocket sized nature of the programme makes it look dated and size of some writing needs a magnifying glass to read. Even the layout of the back page, featuring the two team's squads, has not been altered since I wrote to the Club, about ten years ago, suggesting that layout. Please City revert the programme to its previous non-pocket size version and bring it to a fit for purpose item. Even at this early season stage the Wolves and Fulham programmes were light years ahead of the City edition.

StT.
<><

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:30 pm

I have just received an e-mail from the programme editor who states it is all done in house and he says that the programme is selling better than ever I am still chuckling now if we can get a few to e-mail him perhaps he'll get the message

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:04 pm

Fans tend to buy programmes out of habit not because it is good. For example I've been buying programmes for decades irrespective of quality. The acid test is to put the programmes from each of the clubs in the Championship on a table and then judge. Personally, I think there is great room for improvement. Remarkably, it seems the editorial staff are pleased with the City programme. One question I would ask those who produce the programme is do they look at other club's efforts?

StT.
<><

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:21 pm

I have collected Cardiff City programmes, home and away since 1967 and have to say that the match day programme of ours is awful.
Other clubs have much better programmes than Citys

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:48 am

I haven't bought or even seen a programme for about 2,3 years so when I picked one up for the QPR game I was in a heck of a shock. Ours used to be one of the best around but I couldn't believe I payed £3 for about 6 pages of notable stuff and the rest being adverts!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:37 am

Charlie Harper wrote:I have collected Cardiff City programmes, home and away since 1967 and have to say that the match day programme of ours is awful.

havent bought one for years
how long as ours been 3 quid ?
and how does the price compare with other clubs...

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:47 am

dogfound wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:I have collected Cardiff City programmes, home and away since 1967 and have to say that the match day programme of ours is awful.

Most clubs £3...sometimes £2. All same really.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:05 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Most clubs £3...sometimes £2. All same really.

Unless its London clubs. Fulham was £3.50.

City programme is very poor and as said is full of adverts