Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Is Kenneth Zohore? "

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:14 am

Is Kenneth Zohore still the man to lead the line?

He hasn't scored since the opening day win at Burton Albion, but Neil Warnock remains adamant that Kenneth Zohore is still Cardiff's main man up front.

Warnock says the striker is "the first name down on my team sheet", but privately he must be growing a little concerned about the Dane's current goal drought.

Given the physicality of Leeds at the back, Warnock may feel that Zohore is better equipped to deal with the subsequent hustle and bustle that one can surely expect from this encounter, but the calls for handing Danny Ward a start are only going to get louder if he cannot find the net soon.

Opinions?

Re: " Is Kenneth Zohore? "

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:32 am

Yes but not scored since the opening day, and is supposed to be the one to get the goals? I'm not quite sure.
To be honest I think we should have cashed in and got a proven goalscorer at this level.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Warnock needs to give KZ another reality chat and make sure he understands that it is NW who will make him a great player and not his agent.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Yup, first name down for me.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Is Kenneth Zohore still the man to lead the line?

He hasn't scored since the opening day win at Burton Albion, but Neil Warnock remains adamant that Kenneth Zohore is still Cardiff's main man up front.

Warnock says the striker is "the first name down on my team sheet", but privately he must be growing a little concerned about the Dane's current goal drought.

Given the physicality of Leeds at the back, Warnock may feel that Zohore is better equipped to deal with the subsequent hustle and bustle that one can surely expect from this encounter, but the calls for handing Danny Ward a start are only going to get louder if he cannot find the net soon.

Opinions?

He has to start in my opinion even though he only has 1 goal this season. He has had the most shots of any player in the Championship so far this season, 32, and 23 have been on target but have been blocked or saved.Not bad for a player some are saying is lazy. With a little more luck he would be challenging for the top goalscorer in the Championship in my opinion.

We need to keep faith with him as sooner or later the goals will come.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:19 pm

whos saying zohore is lazy

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Our trouble is he works as a lone striker and is constantly battling against 2 centre halfs with balls in the air, he looked super dangerous at the start of the season as our wide men were on fire and were seemingly untouchable thus allowing zahore a bit of time and space, he was frightening defenders with pace and he wasn't battling as hard as he had to now.

But, this is a really tough run of games and we are picking up some excellent points Preston the 1 blip on our record, so he will come good I think, he is doing what is being asked of him or I think he would get dropped.

Sept and oct were always dire on paper and before a ball was kicked we all wondered how it would go, so far so good!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Is Kenneth Zohore still the man to lead the line?

Opinions?

He has to start in my opinion even though he only has 1 goal this season. He has had the most shots of any player in the Championship so far this season, 32, and 23 have been on target but have been blocked or saved.Not bad for a player some are saying is lazy. With a little more luck he would be challenging for the top goalscorer in the Championship in my opinion.

We need to keep faith with him as sooner or later the goals will come.

My first instinct is to rest him and play Ward, but then you think that this is the biggest game of the season so far and he may just rise to the occasion

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:43 pm

paulh_85 wrote:whos saying zohore is lazy

Lazy was the wrong word maybe disinterested is a better one. Kevin Radcliffe said as much on Saturday and included a criticism that he was allowing himself to be bullied. Although there are some posts on here saying things like "He was a lively as a dead ant".

The majority are no doubt 100% behind Ken and just willing him to get the goal that will surely give him a lift.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:53 pm

castleblue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:whos saying zohore is lazy

Lazy was the wrong word maybe disinterested is a better one. Kevin Radcliffe said as much on Saturday and included a criticism that he was allowing himself to be bullied. Although there are some posts on here saying things like "He was a lively as a dead ant".

The majority are no doubt 100% behind Ken and just willing him to get the goal that will surely give him a lift.

Radcliffe is a miserable old fool. theres no denying that hes been off the pace last few games though, but hes the man for this one

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:06 pm

You always feel that Zahore is capable of a match winner,but how much longer is this drought going on for it's just as well that at the moment we're getting goals from the rest of the team or we would struggling.I know that he is well marked but in it up to the striker to try and find a way through,is'nt every good forward heavily marked in every division?

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:29 pm

Absolutely.

Zohore is making space for the other players, all he needs is a goal and he will be off again.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Big Kenneth will certainly score tonight.

The Sky tv cameras are watching, he will be wanting to put on a good show for prospective buyers in the future.

2-1 city with Ken getting the winner! :clap: :ayatollah: