Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Sol Bamba? '

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:20 am

Centre-back pairing - Return for Bamba?

Bamba the backbone of Warnocks team

There were a fair few eyebrows raised when Sol Bamba was left out in favour of Bruno Manga for the victory on Wearside, but the latter, to his credit, shone with a very accomplished performance.

Manga must surely feel his performances when called upon have left him in the running for a regular place in the starting line-up, but one would still have to fancy Bamba to return to the heart of the defence alongside captain Sean Morrison, who looks unlikely to lose his place any time soon after some very solid performances in recent weeks.

Warnock is likely to welcome the headache that may have come on the back of Manga's recent performances, but Bamba is arguably still seen as Morrison's preferred defensive partner.

Re: ' Sol Bamba? '

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 am

Would personally like Manga to play at RB as he's a much better player than our other options their.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:36 am

phildavies wrote:Would personally like Manga to play at RB as he's a much better player than our other options their.

hes a centre back though

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 am

Bamba's a brick in defence but what I like about Manga is he will try to pick a player out and start a move going forward rather than just hoof it away,but it's nice now to have these kind of choices and player's waiting in the wings for first team football.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:33 am

I'll be amazed if Bamba doesn't start!!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:36 am

Bamba will be chomping at the bit to play and show how great he is.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:53 am

I like Manga, but think he's pretty bad in the air when defending, he was beaten so often by his opposite man against Sunderland, whereas Bamba is a monster in the air. Manga definitely wins out on distribution though.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:57 am

theclaw wrote:I'll be amazed if Bamba doesn't start!!

I agree though I've been wondering all week what odds I'd get for him scoring and being sent off. :lol:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:36 am

paulh_85 wrote:
phildavies wrote:Would personally like Manga to play at RB as he's a much better player than our other options their.

hes a centre back though

He has played RB numerous occasions in France and a few times for us and he was excellent each time I've seen him do it. The fact that he is IMO our best passer in defence helps a lot when playing as a RB.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:38 am

Rested sat for tonight. He'll be pumped up for this one.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:40 am

phildavies wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

hes a centre back though

He has played RB numerous occasions in France and a few times for us and he was excellent each time I've seen him do it. The fact that he is IMO our best passer in defence helps a lot when playing as a RB.

Agree. Not rated Richards too highly this season as he is way too easily beaten. Peltier is OK but a little bit slow so is caught out of position at times. Until Callum Paterson is back, I like Manga as a Right Back!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:49 am

hes played there but so has gunners

not a right back for me

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:58 pm

I'm pretty sure Bamba will be back as centre half for this game.
I'd love to see Manga in at right back as he looks great there and his coolness and distribution is top class. Starts attacks well from that position and gives extra help in the air in both boxes.