Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARNOCK MAKES BIG CLAIM ABOUT LEEDS SQUAD

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 am

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock is predicting a tough test of his side’s promotion credentials when they face Sky Bet Championship leaders Leeds on Tuesday night, live on Sky Sports.

Tuesday 26th September 2017

Former Leeds boss Warnock is impressed by how United have started the season and knows his current team - third in the table going into the game - will have their work cut out against Thomas Christiansen's charges.

Cardiff are currently unbeaten at home in the league and a victory against Leeds would see them go top of the table, with second-placed Wolves not playing Sheffield United until Wednesday.

"I've been privileged to manage both clubs and I enjoyed my time at Leeds," Warnock told Sky Sports News.

"They are a big club and similar to Cardiff, a big city with one club where everybody cares.

"They look the part when you look at the team sheet, the substitutes. You can't keep going on a downward spiral, you have to turn somewhere.

"They look now as though they mean business and will take some moving this year.

"That's why I am looking forward to the game, it should be a good challenge for us. They play the game the right way and it will be a cracking game, I think."

Warnock is refusing to get too carried away with talk of promotion just yet but he admits he will be delighted if they are still in the top six in a month's time.

"We're just glad to be up there," he added. "I said to our lads, 'if we are still there in the top six at the end of October, I will be delighted'.

"We've had a tough start to the season, fixture-wise, and these next few weeks don't become any easier.

"After that, anything can happen. There will be ups and downs right the way through and if you can get in that top six, anything can happen, as Huddersfield showed last year."