Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PREMIER LEAGUE REFEREE IN CHARGE AT CARDIFF

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:31 am

Premier League referee Kevin Friend is the man in charge of the clash between Cardiff City and Leeds United.

The Leicestershire official has taken charge of 5 games this season showing 15 yellow cards and no reds.

He last took charge of Leeds in April 2016 when they were beaten 2-1 at Rotherham United in a game where he sent off a player from each team. Marco Silvestri was sent off for Leeds after giving away a late penalty.

His last game in charge of Cardiff was in November 2014 when they drew 0-0 at Birmingham City.

Re: PREMIER LEAGUE REFEREE IN CHARGE AT CARDIFF

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:05 pm

I thought Kevin Friend had been here more recently than that but on review it seems not! :shock:

Glad to have a referee who can handle a tense game and (hopefully) play the occasion. Seems to be one of the better (shall we say less self-promoting) referees out there and hopefully the lack of Red Cards this season is partly down to good game management!

We can live in hope! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Sven wrote:I thought Kevin Friend had been here more recently than that but on review it seems not! :shock:

Glad to have a referee who can handle a tense game and (hopefully) play the occasion. Seems to be one of the better (shall we say less self-promoting) referees out there and hopefully the lack of Red Cards this season is partly down to good game management!

We can live in hope! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Agree mate. He is one of my more favourable referees...glad they got someone of his calibre in for it!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:42 pm

Cant fault him having real good game :occasion5:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Cant fault him having real good game :occasion5:

Absolutely agree. I think some refs would have put Cooper off at his first yellow.....left him with no choice at the second!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:09 pm

I like how he had a word with their 10 for 'falling over' looking for a foul. Set his standards high and maintained. He's letting game flow though and seems fair on both teams.

Definite red. First was probably just a yellow, I say just! Second, wow, did he not fancy playing on?! hahaha

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:52 pm

You could tell he was a Prem ref he was quality tonight imo

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:55 pm

Very good tonight.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:19 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:You could tell he was a Prem ref he was quality tonight imo

Agree, wasn't pulling out cards for the sake of it. No choice with the red, 2 poor challenges.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:01 am

Yep, Kevin Friend handled that game well and neither side/manager had any complaints after the game :ayatollah:

One of the best refereeing displays I've seen for a long time. Da iawn, bach! :clap: :clap: