Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Have City upset BBC Wales?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:58 pm

No mention of last nights game

Re: Have City upset BBC Wales?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Thinking that myself...not even a mention..which quite frankly is a disgrace. Not to worry though we will soon be treated to a 5 minute BBC Wales advert promoting the Wales v Fiji Autumn international featuring a woman with a daffodil hat on and a fat bloke in a Wales Rugby top which is too small for him

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Same old, same old. Been like it for a while. Don't even expect any coverage on us any more. Mind you there was a good report on the WRU goat dying (RIP to him), the Blue egg coach turning down a contract & a nice trip for someone to go to New York to report on Ian Woosnam item. That's the sport report for you in a nutshell. Now you don't need to watch @ 10:30 tonight. :lol:

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:48 pm

Could the Cardiff City Forum administrators contact the BBC to ask them why they refuse to report on the Capitals football team. They report on Swansea, their response would be interesting. :bluescarf: :banghead:

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:17 pm

I decided to contact the BBC to make a complaint see below.

"There was no report on Cardiff City's top of the table victory over Leeds on the Welsh News on the 27/09/17. There seems to be an anti Cardiff City element within the BBC Wales News/Sports department. This refusal to report on the Capitals football club has gone on for quite some time. Please can you provide a honest answer as to why this is. This matter has been raised on the Cardiff City Forum. To put it mildly many fans are disgruntled with the BBC."

I am awaiting their response. I will post the response when (OR IF) I receive it. Should be interesting. :banghead:

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Simples.......They only promote sports they (BBC) screen. Its never really been about news, just viewing figures.

The beeb have highlights of premier league football, live celtic league rugby, and of course the jewel in their crown the Wales rugby team.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:21 pm

On the BBC last week the women's football fixtures were above all others including the premier league. I've got no problem with women's football, but come on that's like putting the national league before everyone else. I'm convinced the BBC are pushing women's football and rugby as that's all they will have to show live. Very often the lead story on the BBC web site is women's football.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:46 pm

redbird wrote:On the BBC last week the women's football fixtures were above all others including the premier league. I've got no problem with women's football, but come on that's like putting the national league before everyone else. I'm convinced the BBC are pushing women's football and rugby as that's all they will have to show live. Very often the lead story on the BBC web site is women's football.

i noticed that too..
think its a bit petty and short sighted.football isnt going to go away just because the BBC dont report it properly..people will just stop using the BBC as a source for football info.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:02 am

I too have sent them a complaint by e mail, and have requested a reply, also said as they have a love in with Swanse4a maybe they should have built their new offices in Swansea :laughing6: Looking forward to their reply

I too have sent them a complaint by e mail, and have requested a reply, also said as they have a love in with Swanse4a maybe they should have built their new offices in Swansea :laughing6: Looking forward to their reply

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:26 am

Seems strange that the national BBC sports news carried the story on Breakfast whilst BBC Wales didn't?

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:55 am

since64 wrote:No mention of last nights game

The BBC in my opinion have been biased against City for many many years.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:36 am

avondaleblue wrote:I too have sent them a complaint by e mail, and have requested a reply, also said as they have a love in with Swanse4a maybe they should have built their new offices in Swansea :laughing6: Looking forward to their reply

I now someone who worked in BBC Wales and he said walk through the sports dept and all their screensavers are pictures of the Jack Pikies. Time for a license strike.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Bluesman wrote:Could the Cardiff City Forum administrators contact the BBC to ask them why they refuse to report on the Capitals football team. They report on Swansea, their response would be interesting. :bluescarf: :banghead:

They wouldn't respond

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Bluesman wrote:I decided to contact the BBC to make a complaint see below.

"There was no report on Cardiff City's top of the table victory over Leeds on the Welsh News on the 27/09/17. There seems to be an anti Cardiff City element within the BBC Wales News/Sports department. This refusal to report on the Capitals football club has gone on for quite some time. Please can you provide a honest answer as to why this is. This matter has been raised on the Cardiff City Forum. To put it mildly many fans are disgruntled with the BBC."

I am awaiting their response. I will post the response when (OR IF) I receive it. Should be interesting. :banghead:

Don't think you'll get one. My old man has tried this previously. They don't care.

Maybe we should protest :laughing6:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Calendar news yorkshire only showed the leeds goal. And that was a deflection :roll:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Bluesman wrote:I decided to contact the BBC to make a complaint see below.

if you put up an email link, ill send them one as well.
not that im a big BBC Wales watcher...but its our license fees at the end of the day.and to just ignore a top of the table clash for whatever petty reason is just wrong.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:24 pm

I have also emailed them can we all get behind this Cardiff city injustice and email BBC Wales maybe enough people complain they might do something :bluescarf:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Great stuff, the less cardiffs associated with them peadophiles the better. :D :bluebird:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Service paid for by all of us to satisfy a minority of us. They seem to believe that everyone in Wales likes rugby and speaks Welsh. I think latest figures show just 19% of the Welsh population speak Welsh, probably most of them work for the BBC unless they are Welsh tutors. Not every person in Wales loves rugby, but it seems like most of our money is spent in that area as far as sports coverage is concerned. I'm not really bothered, I don't watch BBC Wales for the reasons mentioned. Just annoying that we have to pay for a corporation that seems a bit like jobs for the boys (providing you can speak Welsh).

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:08 pm

The only thing I like about BBC Wales is that it allows me to perve over Kate Morgan. Otherwise it's a big bag of parochial shite. Good day sir.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:07 am

Following my complaint to the BBC their site says I will receive a response within 30 days. Lets see if I do. How it takes 30 days to answer a simple question I don't know. Perhaps they will have to get their management together to provide an answer which doesn't show their incompetence and bias. I will report their response on this forum. Cant wait. :banghead:

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:50 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Service paid for by all of us to satisfy a minority of us. They seem to believe that everyone in Wales likes rugby and speaks Welsh. I think latest figures show just 19% of the Welsh population speak Welsh, probably most of them work for the BBC unless they are Welsh tutors. Not every person in Wales loves rugby, but it seems like most of our money is spent in that area as far as sports coverage is concerned. I'm not really bothered, I don't watch BBC Wales for the reasons mentioned. Just annoying that we have to pay for a corporation that seems a bit like jobs for the boys (providing you can speak Welsh).

I speak Welsh and i'm neither working for the BBC or a tutor.

You do however have one thing right, I hate the egg chasing. :bluescarf:

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:11 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:The only thing I like about BBC Wales is that it allows me to perve over Kate Morgan. Otherwise it's a big bag of parochial shite. Good day sir.

no idea who she is..so i googled her..what a disappointment..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Morgan

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Where do u complain ,I can never get much sense on their site ,got a link anyone ,lots would like a moan

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:12 am

dogfound wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:The only thing I like about BBC Wales is that it allows me to perve over Kate Morgan. Otherwise it's a big bag of parochial shite. Good day sir.

Nice one :laughing6: although she might have got better with age 8-)

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am

The address for complaints to the BBC is www.bbc.co.uk/complaints . This takes you to a complaints questionnaire.
Go for it everyone.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:18 am

Don't worry, if we slip up, they will be all over us like a rash. We'll get plenty of coverage then.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Nice one :laughing6: although she might have got better with age 8-)

Lovely Kate Morgan. And she's got a lovely ginger merkin.

images.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.