Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A GOOD TIME TO PLAY BIRMINGHAM

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:51 pm

Following there 6-1 away defeat today I think we can go up there in 2 weeks time and come back to south wales with the 3 points . Should imagine they are shot to pieces with confidence and with a new manager and a whingeing crowd on there back think we will be too strong for them in front of the sky cameras .

On a sour note couldn't believe today went to get an away ticket for this game but told you need to be a member or season ticket holder. As i,ve only got a flexi ticket with a fan number on they wouldnt sell me a ticket at the ticket office . The idea of a flexi ticket is a better option for me as a i can't make every game

which leaves me with 3 options .
1 . keep my head down and go in with the brum fans
2 . take a chance and buy a ticket on the night
3 . just watch it on sky

either way i,m fuming :banghead:

Re: A GOOD TIME TO PLAY BIRMINGHAM

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:59 pm

Could go either way as they could get a manager in before then and step up a few gears and put a performance in

Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:02 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Could go either way as they could get a manager in before then and step up a few gears and put a performance in

I thought they had appointed steve cotterill or is he temp?

Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Could go either way as they could get a manager in before then and step up a few gears and put a performance in

I thought they had appointed steve cotterill or is he temp?

Cotterill wasn't in charge today, is assistant was, but he is now, signed a 2 year contract.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Not really, the worst time to play any team is when they get a new Manager, who usually works in the defence first and makes the team harder to beat, add to that its an international break and he gets more time to work with them. It's probably the worst time to play them, today or last few games would have been the best time to play them.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Can't make this one so it's Sky for me. Pm if you need a fan number

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:00 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:Following there 6-1 away defeat today I think we can go up there in 2 weeks time and come back to south wales with the 3 points . Should imagine they are shot to pieces with confidence and with a new manager and a whingeing crowd on there back think we will be too strong for them in front of the sky cameras .

On a sour note couldn't believe today went to get an away ticket for this game but told you need to be a member or season ticket holder. As i,ve only got a flexi ticket with a fan number on they wouldnt sell me a ticket at the ticket office . The idea of a flexi ticket is a better option for me as a i can't make every game

which leaves me with 3 options .
1 . keep my head down and go in with the brum fans
2 . take a chance and buy a ticket on the night
3 . just watch it on sky

either way i,m fuming :banghead:

i dont understand why membership..and a membership card that could have games loaded on it was not part of the flexi ticket..

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Yes Mozzer

You have PM mate :thumbup:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:03 am

Bluebina wrote:Not really, the worst time to play any team is when they get a new Manager, who usually works in the defence first and makes the team harder to beat, add to that its an international break and he gets more time to work with them. It's probably the worst time to play them, today or last few games would have been the best time to play them.

Your not wrong,ask any Bristol City fan the effect Warnock had on us in his first game. :thumbup:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:23 am

Don't really matter who we play I think,the teams that look like on paper we should get 3 easy points from we fail to do so.Beat Wolves away and Villa home,superb win against Leeds,battered by Preston and a dismal draw against Derby appear to up our game with harder opposition.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Watching Channel 5 yesterday (we had 88 seconds of coverage as league leaders BTW!?). There was a comment that whilst Cottrerill is a decent coach, he's not a man manager and I get the impression that's what Brum need. He stayed up in the stands and wasn't involved yesterday which seems a bit odd. The caretaker manager looked like he was going off to headbutt the entire team, I'm guessing he may not be Cotterills assistant by the end of the week. I'll be up there with my lad, love a Friday away me.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:25 pm

It's a difficult one - Very often when a team gets thumped, they really try hard to become solid in the next game and often, they succeed.

Add the new manager effect and they could be a different kettle of fish completely. Apparently Hull weren't that great on Saturday, it is just that Blues were so poor - Possibly on the back of knowing the manager wasn't going to be the manager after that?

My biggest problem is that I have to balance out the prospect of you lot getting 3 points against them getting 3 points. I think a draw is probably going to be the best result for me.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:46 am

Cantonblu wrote:Don't really matter who we play I think,the teams that look like on paper we should get 3 easy points from we fail to do so.Beat Wolves away and Villa home,superb win against Leeds,battered by Preston and a dismal draw against Derby appear to up our game with harder opposition.

not sure about this tbh...Preston have had a good start.and Derby are highly regarded and looked upon by many { including our manager }as one of the better teams man for man in the division .
having played only 3 of the current bottom half..2wins and a draw seems quite good ?

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:21 pm

As I feared trying to impress the new Manager, they put in a solid performance and never game up, bad luck on the timing for this one !!!!