18k verses Derby
9k missing Plastic supporters
Where were you, answers on a postcard to CCFC. :banghead:

Re: PLASTIC SUPPORTERS

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:01 am

The simple answer is a deep sea diver many can't afford 50.00 in 2 days

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:20 am

DEANO wrote:The simple answer is a deep sea diver many can't afford 50.00 in 2 days

Deano, the point is it was not £50 in one week(not two days), it was £5 an adult on Tuesday night. Plus City have now No home game for one month.
We have 260,000 fans registered and let's be honest it's cheap to watch City in fact very. I paid £18 for me in the Ninian Stand and £5 for my 12yr old yesterday, excellent prices by our club.

We are top of the Championship after two months, you could not dream of better :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

If we were in the Premier League they would pay £35 each game and not moan.

Our Club and Neil Warnock have done everything possible, now they need supporting.

To be honest I really never thought it would be that low 18,840 incl 1,200 Derby fans, that shocked me.

I commend our club was cheap prices and delivering good football this season :thumbright: :bluebird:

Re: " PLASTIC SUPPORTERS "

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:32 am

I was disappointed with the crowd today more so after Tuesday night seven points from three difficult games in a week and still top of the league is a good return as far as I'm concerned but im sure if we had at least 25/000 there today it would have given us that extra edge to win the game

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:38 am

They're floaters.
Whether it's money or whatever, they're not die hard fans, it doesn't matter to them, they come and go.
I don't know why it's so hard to understand. It is what it is, get over it. They'll be back if we reach the Prem!

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:41 am

Guys
i see both sides of this one with myself only being able to get to some games.
The club has made a great move for me with the flexi tickets, its an excellent approach that allows me to get to the games when i can at a good price.
I was not able to get to Leeds game but i did go to the two home games in between so i am not a plastic supporter but go when i can.

The real point here is the everyone can make their own decision on ether to go or not, if we dont like it then hard luck, its up to each individual to make their choice there is no given right for any of us to criticise that choice as it is theirs not ours.
So leave it to them to make their choices and get on with your own choices and enjoy them.

Off soap box now!

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:54 am

Be honest the 99% of the EXTRA fans that came Tuesday were there because it was cheap . No other reason they will talk about it and BE part of the promotion party on the final day if it happens but they won't be back until the next £5 day or promotion looms closer and they will then make out they are Cardiff through and through :oops:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:56 am

I'm surprised crowds are as high as they are to be honest after generations of neglect and the natural wastage that comes from people losing interest for whatever reason

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:21 am

Unfortunately it's always been the same as far is I'm aware for decades.

They will be back as stated before when they realise promotion is a distinct possibility.

Most season's this has been post Christmas.

Crowds are returning though, we were down to 14000 or less early doors last season.

Too many also have egg on their faces about not going down because of the rebrand and vowing to never return while tan owned the club.

Decisions made in the light of us probably being a mediocre championship club.

All about too change I'm sure as they realise the team Warnock has put together.

Even at £5 a ticket with Trollope in charge we would have not attracted 15k the way we were going downhill so fast.

Many I'm sure are now reconsidering

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:28 am

Exactly the crowd I expected as I stated on another thread. Apart from a few who post on here, I don't know anyone else who expected us to have more than 20,000 yesterday. I couldn't afford it, simple as that, it would have been a £60+ day out for me, I went to the Pub instead. It wouldn't have made any difference to me if we were in the Premier League, 2 games a week no matter what the ticket price is not affordable for me at the present time.
Last edited by rhondda 1015 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:30 am

fred keenor wrote:Unfortunately it's always been the same as far is I'm aware for decades.

They will be back as stated before when they realise promotion is a distinct possibility.

Most season's this has been post Christmas.

Crowds are returning though, we were down to 14000 or less early doors last season.

Too many also have egg on their faces about not going down because of the rebrand and vowing to never return while tan owned the club.

Decisions made in the light of us probably being a mediocre championship club.

All about too change I'm sure as they realise the team Warnock has put together.

Even at £5 a ticket with Trollope in charge we would have not attracted 15k the way we were going downhill so fast.

Many I'm sure are now reconsidering

Made similar post about fact that there was around 7k more fans for this deal than previous deals! Times are changing and sure next deal see around 25k+ crowd , and im sure come xmas will see larger uptake on half season tickets compared to last season or season before. :thumbup:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:30 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Be honest the 99% of the EXTRA fans that came Tuesday were there because it was cheap . No other reason they will talk about it and BE part of the promotion party on the final day if it happens but they won't be back until the next £5 day or promotion looms closer and they will then make out they are Cardiff through and through :oops:

My thoughts exactly. I can't go to every home game through work and low money but I try to go to every home game I can. I find a way to go to games. I have been to 5 games and had to take a week off work this week to go to the Leeds and Derby games. If I can be bothered to get off my ass, so can most.

I love the bluebirds :bluescarf:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:
DEANO wrote:The simple answer is a deep sea diver many can't afford 50.00 in 2 days

Deano, the point is it was not £50 in one week(not two days), it was £5 an adult on Tuesday night. Plus City have now No home game for one month.
We have 260,000 fans registered and let's be honest it's cheap to watch City in fact very. I paid £18 for me in the Ninian Stand and £5 for my 12yr old yesterday, excellent prices by our club.

We are top of the Championship after two months, you could not dream of better :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

If we were in the Premier League they would pay £35 each game and not moan.

Our Club and Neil Warnock have done everything possible, now they need supporting.

To be honest I really never thought it would be that low 18,840 incl 1,200 Derby fans, that shocked me.

I commend our club was cheap prices and delivering good football this season :thumbright: :bluebird:

The fact of the matter is that some people will always make excuses not to go, be it "gotta go shopping with the missus", "had to take the kids to kick boxing", "had to mow the lawn", "had a headache" whatever! Some will just turn up on a Tuesday night because the missus is out playing bingo and they're bored and it's only a fiver. We've seen by responses here some will always defend their reasons for not attending but at the end of the day it's because they're not hooked. No amount of excuses will cover that up.

In my opinion the club is doing everything right and trying as best they can on and off the pitch. All they can do is continue as they are and hope that gradually as the seasons progress we can get many more floaters and their families hooked. It's got to become so deep in the blood that no excuse will prevent attendance. It can happen and if we continue our wonderful season thus far I can see it gradually happen over time.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:43 am

Loads of people, including my 2 adult sons, actually play sport on a Saturday afternoon as well, whether that be football or rugby. So mid-week games are the only ones they can go to. They're Cardiff through and through but I'd much rather they played football than watched it, wouldn't you?

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:49 am

We have'nt lost any supporters yesterday, we just gained a load for the Leeds game partly because of the cost. Look back over the years and we are getting the sort of crowds to be expected for a club of our size. As someone else said, it is only a few on this forum who truly expected us to get over 20k, most people would have gone for 17k to 18k for this game. We are starting to sound a bit like Wolves fans believing we are bigger and better than we really are.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:50 am

Let's not judge 'cheap' by our own standards and levels of prosperity.

For every well paid fan we will have at least 2 or 3 who have more important things to consider like food and mortgages. For every 3 car, 2 home families we will have 9 or 10 just about paying a mortgage for a home and a loan on a single car.

I don't mind debating the crowds but let's not guilt trip fans into spending their cash in what is in fact NOT a necessity.

The football greed train just gets worse to pay massive and sickening wages.

Whereas Cardiff City are nowhere as expensive as many we all know, as do the clubs, reduce pricing and you allow your product to be available to more fans.

Labels are what is wrong with our 'die hard' fanbase and even that label leaves a mark suggesting blind loyalty beyond seeing the obvious.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:50 am

Bluesman wrote:27k verses Leeds
18k verses Derby
9k missing Plastic supporters
Where were you, answers on a postcard to CCFC. :banghead:

Its all about habbit.It takes more than one game to develop this habbit but the better we do the more will get bit :thumbright:

A few that stopped going because of the rebrand have stated on here that they lost the "habit".

For the life of me though I've never understood people that get on their high horse just because some can't make every game.You should have a biblebashers attitude,praise them when they come but don't slag them off when they don't. :lol:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:Loads of people, including my 2 adult sons, actually play sport on a Saturday afternoon as well, whether that be football or rugby. So mid-week games are the only ones they can go to. They're Cardiff through and through but I'd much rather they played football than watched it, wouldn't you?

Definitely.
I played competitive football all my life until I was 50. You can't beat it and it's much, much better than watching.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:55 am

There are many reasons why people can't go, me for example work Saturdays 9-5:30. And as for price I'm tired of people saying tickets only cost X amount. It's not just tickets your paying for trains for example a return to Cardiff costs me £13. If I want to eat that's around a £5er and that's if only I go and none of the family.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:02 am

It's the cost simple as that, I'm not saying it's to expensive in comparison to other clubs etc but clearly people in south Wales don't want to pay it.

Two games in the space of 5 days comes with its cost, not just the match ticket but travel, drinks, food especially if your going with children.

People get awfully concerned about other people, if people want to come then they will if they don't then they won't. People talk like it's manditory that people have to come if they want to or not.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:03 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:Loads of people, including my 2 adult sons, actually play sport on a Saturday afternoon as well, whether that be football or rugby. So mid-week games are the only ones they can go to. They're Cardiff through and through but I'd much rather they played football than watched it, wouldn't you?

Definitely.
I played competitive football all my life until I was 50. You can't beat it and it's much, much better than watching.

Spot on. I only bothered with a season ticket for the first time when I was in my mid thirties. Mostly played myself on a Saturday, but rarely missed a mid- week game at ninian park as the sides I played for could'nt play in the evenings because we had no lights. Like you, I found it far more enjoyable being out there playing than sitting down watching. Personally, I would much prefer to see youngsters out on the parks with their boots on rather than sitting in a stand at the CCS. Much healthier.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:04 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:They're floaters.
Whether it's money or whatever, they're not die hard fans, it doesn't matter to them, they come and go.
I don't know why it's so hard to understand. It is what it is, get over it. They'll be back if we reach the Prem!

Exactly, majority of them are and have been city fans for many years. They are just less fanatic and come to a few games a year unless home and away. Stop f*cking moaning!

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:12 am

Why didn't the club do the £5 deal for yesterday?

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:48 am

It was always going to happen and the real reason is because it was so cheap, look at the crowd we took to Fulham - £1 a ticket for U17’s. Generally, it’s not that expensive to watch City home or away.

The ones who travel a distance and can’t afford a Tuesday/Saturday week is understandable but 9000 won’t have the same reason.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:54 am

I have to be honest, it is a very similar situation at Villa, only the other way round. When we have home games on a Saturday and a Tuesday, the attendance for the Tuesday game is always a good 5,000 lower than the Saturday game had been.

Whether it's money, time or a combination of several things, I don't know but you can put big money on it happening.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:52 am

One million people live within easy reach reach of the stadium.out of that million you would think there were 25000 people who would like to watch Cardiff city at the top of the championship especially when you consider its relatively cheap to do so.places like derby Sheffield Nottingham etcetera can attract 20000 plus on a regular basis apparently we cant even with possibly Britains biggest catchment area behind us.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:52 am

maccydee wrote:Why didn't the club do the £5 deal for yesterday?

Because they're only allowed to do the offer so many times a season I believe. I think it maybe 4.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:36 am

Plastic supporters get a grip will you 18,500 is a good crowd 3rd biggest yesterday out of 10 games played in the championship. If you think we where going to get anywhere near Leeds crowd you must be deluded. People need to realise we ain't a big club and before people say if we where in the premier league etc yes same as every other club look at Hull and Sunderlands crowds yesterday.

No one is a plastic either just same people are more committed then others should be encouraging people to come back not coming on here calling them plastics.

The most important thing is I was there and will be at Birmingham & Middlesbourgh too. Doesn't make me a better fan.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:38 am

Only Cardiff fans could make a negativity after 7 points in a week, 46,000 at the ccs over two games. We have always had floaters, nowt wrong with that it just doesn't cut as deep for some as others. The fact we are now seeing 19,000 not 14,000 is huge strides.

I took 9 with me on Tuesday night, all are involved with the local football club playing or coaching. I could have paid them to go Saturday and they wouldn't because they are committed but they absolutely loved it and will be back for more when the opportunity arises.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:05 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Why didn't the club do the £5 deal for yesterday?

Because they're only allowed to do the offer so many times a season I believe. I think it maybe 4.

That's weird. I suppose if they priced tickets too cheap too often the season ticket holders would quite rightly be pissed off.