Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Little Shrewsbury Town

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:22 pm

Shrewsbury Town taking 1,210 fans away(Sold out) to Walsall this weekend in the lower divisions

Walsall vs Shrewsbury
Football League One
Saturday, October 7, 3:00 PM
Bescot Stadium, Walsall

Re: Little Shrewsbury Town

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Local derby. Top of the League. Hardly a surprise. :roll:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Danny Says wrote:Local derby. Top of the League. Hardly a surprise. :roll:

Danny, your right top of the League in the lower division, should always sell out :thumbright:

They've sold it out for the last few years even when near the bottom of the lower divisions.

A small Town like Shrewsbury who het 4,500 at home games.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Danny, your right top of the League in the lower division, should always sell out :thumbright:

They've sold it out for the last few years even when near the bottom of the lower divisions.

I know a few people from Shrewsbury who support Wolves... :banghead:
I never understand these people...

There may be some disagreements on this board about certain things but atleast we all support our local club.
Apart from Annis as he is a plastic who lives in spain :laughing5: :thumbup:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:24 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

There may be some disagreements on this board about certain things but atleast we all support our local club.

:lol:

Yes for many yrs football fans in Shrewsbury have and still support the big Midlands sides and especially Wolves, Shrewsbury have never ever been well supported, so for me this is good away support. :thumbright:

As to plastic :lol: I get of my backside on Sunday mornings and watch my Smallest local club Atletico Baleares,not had a promotion from Segunda B for 53 yrs (15km from me) and turn up in person :thumbright: :bluescarf: Not the Glory hunting club Real Mallorca.

As to my club I love 43 yrs I had a season ticket for the Mighty Bluebirds :thumbright: :bluebird: And have booked 10 flights to come back, no matter who we play or how we are doing :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes for many yrs football fans in Shrewsbury have and still support the big Midlands sides and especially Wolves, Shrewsbury have never ever been well supported, so for me this is good away support. :thumbright:

As to plastic :lol: I get of my backside on Sunday mornings and watch my Smallest local club Atletico Baleares,not had a promotion from Segunda B for 53 yrs (15km from me) and turn up in person :thumbright: :bluescarf: Not the Glory hunting club Real Mallorca.

As to my club I love 43 yrs I had a season ticket for the Mighty Bluebirds :thumbright: :bluebird: And have booked 10 flights to come back, no matter who we play or how we are doing :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I'm only winding you up Annis ! I know the score, I used to sit just behind you in Ninian park Block A Grandstand Row HH If I remember correctly!

I've also done a minibus trip with you ( I was young at the time ) But it was to Norwich and believe it was Jock who drove. :laughing5:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'm only winding you up Annis ! I know the score, I used to sit just behind you in Ninian park Block A Grandstand Row HH If I remember correctly!

I've also done a minibus trip with you ( I was young at the time ) But it was to Norwich and believe it was Jock who drove. :laughing5:

I thought I knew you Liam, thats why I laughed, I rem the trip well :thumbright: :thumbright: those are the away trips I enjoy the most and you make many friends on the log ones :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I miss Sect A Ninin Park Grandstand :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I thought I knew you Liam, thats why I laughed, I rem the trip well :thumbright: :thumbright: those are the away trips I enjoy the most and you make many friends on the log ones :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Yep, my old man is Kev who is currently sat on a boat in the black sea on the Gol charity drive.
It was probably over 10 years ago!

Block A was where the hardcore sat :thumbup:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yep, my old man is Kev who is currently sat on a boat in the black sea on the Gol charity drive.

Liam, I know him well, say hello to him from me when he gets back :thumbright: :thumbright:

Every week, Block A was sold out, Top & Bottom sections and sang our hearts out :thumbright: :thumbright:

Yes 10 years ago :cry:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Liam, I know him well, say hello to him from me when he gets back :thumbright: :thumbright:

Every week, Block A was sold out, Top & Bottom sections and sang our hearts out :thumbright: :thumbright:

Yes 10 years ago :cry:

Will do mate :wave:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Here we go! 2-0 loss
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:37 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Here we go! 2-0 loss

I rem that trip well, we had a hell of laugh :lol: :bluebird:

Liam, that picture is in my Cardiff City Through The Years :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Liam, that picture is in my Cardiff City Through The Years :thumbright: :bluebird:

I'll have to have a look. Not really a reader as i'm office based so can't be bothered at home.

I'll give it a go on my next holiday :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Went to Shrewsbury pre-season. Thought they looked useful, beat us 2-1. That's good support.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I'll have to have a look. Not really a reader as i'm office based so can't be bothered at home.

I'll give it a go on my next holiday :ayatollah:

It's just a pic book of City Fans , 500 plus pics :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:55 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Went to Shrewsbury pre-season. Thought they looked useful, beat us 2-1. That's good support.

They are having a great season so far.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That sounds like City back in the good old days, 4,500 home on a good day, 1,200 or more for a decent away game!

Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:17 pm

Still unbeaten in the league .

Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:40 am

Bella Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That sounds like City back in the good old days, 4,500 home on a good day, 1,200 or more for a decent away game!

That's exactly how we were :bluebird:

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:10 pm

Lovely club Shrewsbury. Doing it the right way. Problem is they frequently have to sell their best players.

They have excellent links with my base RAF Shawbury and let the military in for free. A game every year they have an Armed Forces day and we drop the ball off in a helicopter.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:16 pm

maccydee wrote:Lovely club Shrewsbury. Doing it the right way. Problem is they frequently have to sell their best players.

They have excellent links with my base RAF Shawbury and let the military in for free. A game every year they have an Armed Forces day and we drop the ball off in a helicopter.

Neil, fair play to you for backing a small local club and well done to them for backing the RAF :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Lovely club Shrewsbury. Doing it the right way. Problem is they frequently have to sell their best players.

Neil, fair play to you for backing a small local club and well done to them for backing the RAF :thumbright: :thumbright:

It's not the same as watching the city or Wales but still good. Haven't seen them lose yet.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:32 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It's not the same as watching the city or Wales but still good. Haven't seen them lose yet.

I know what you mean Neil, Cardiff City is our hometown and our first love :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:06 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

9 wins..2 draws..none defeats..this season..
and the bookies are still reluctant to take the seriously.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:48 pm

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

9 wins..2 draws..none defeats..this season..
and the bookies are still reluctant to take the seriously.

I don't think even Shrewsbury fans think they have a chance of staying up there.