Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MICKEY FLANAGAN MOTORPOINT

Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Evening all,

I have a spare e-ticket for Mickey Flanagan's An' Another Fing... tour, on Saturday the 28th October. Doors open 8pm. It is in Block 1, row T, £40.

Anyone interested dm me

Many Thanks

Nathan

Re: MICKEY FLANAGAN MOTORPOINT

Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:13 pm

NPCC39 wrote:Evening all,

I have a spare e-ticket for Mickey Flanagan's An' Another Fing... tour, on Saturday the 28th October. Doors open 8pm. It is in Block 1, row T, £40.

Anyone interested dm me

Many Thanks

Nathan

Hope you find a buyer Nathan.

I've always thought that comedians nowadays who can play in these arenas must be absolutely rolling in money! The overheads for the tours must be an absolute minimum - a PA system, a few lights (may even use the house lights) and a backdrop.

The prices are on a par with an up and coming rock band who usually have five or more band members as well as their equipment, mixing desk, roadies, tour bus, merchandise, stage set etc so the ticket money has to be spread far more thinly.

Let's say there are 3500 people there at an average of £40 per ticket. That's £140,000 for one night with very few overheads! :o :o :o

Some comedians like Macintyre, John Bishop etc play multiple nights at the Motorpoint Arena so the amount of money they must make on their tours is eye-watering!

Comedy is certainly the new rock n' roll.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Saw him last week in Bournemouth, great night, definitely one of the top comedians at the moment.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:54 pm

The arena costs a fortune with quite a big wage bill and overheads, admiral used to spend £60-£90k for one nights hire and music.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Miller time wrote:The arena costs a fortune with quite a big wage bill and overheads, admiral used to spend £60-£90k for one nights hire and music.

That's quite a lot of money. But a comedian wouldn't need any music so let's say the cost of the arena for the night is £75,000 that still leaves a balance of £65,000 for one night of what could be a long tour.

Do they sell merchandise at these comedy concerts? I've never been to one. Do they sell t-shirts, DVD's etc on the night?
If so, there's another sizeable sum of money coming into the coffers.

Nice work if you can get it!

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:03 pm

I'd rather see comedians in smaller venues like St Davids or the Millennium Centre. Motor Point is too big for comedy. That said Mickey is a very funny man.