Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" This Day Last Year "

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:31 am

October 4th 2016, Paul Trollope was sacked as head coach of Cardiff City and the club were set to announce Neil Warnock as new head coach the following morning.

In all fairness, Trollope should have never been in charge. Wrong man, wrong time. But without that early struggle, we may not have got our man.

NEIL WARNOCKS BARMY ARMY :bluebird:

Re: " This Day Last Year "

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:35 am

Martyr Bluebird wrote:October 4th 2016, Paul Trollope was sacked as head coach of Cardiff City and the club were set to announce Neil Warnock as new head coach the following morning.

In all fairness, Trollope should have never been in charge. Wrong man, wrong time. But without that early struggle, we may not have got our man.

NEIL WARNOCKS BARMY ARMY :bluebird:

Terrible terrible decision again, but like you say we might never had Neil Warnock, as I believe Tan realised No more yes men, get the Real Deal :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:20 pm

What a relief that was!

We were going nowhere other than downwards with Trollope in charge.

Let's all have a party! :headbang:

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:31 pm

I attended 6 of our games under Trollope and didn't see us score a single goal :shock:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Oh how things have changed - For the better :bluebird:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:30 pm

we were in crisis at the time - no players of value and we looked as if we would finish in the bottom 5.

ironically, we only went for warnock because of the crisis situation, after he turned things around at rotherham before. what a blessing in disguise that turned out to be! :bluescarf:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:10 pm

I had hope for trollope but from the start it was the wrong time.

He should never have gone away with Wales to the euros, total madness.

Also personally I think he should have took over from slade in January to see how he did.

Warnock right man at right time.