Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best ever North Wales XI vs best ever South Wales XI

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Hi I thought i'd share this article with you, its something I wrote about a month ago for a laugh. Where I compare the best ever players from North and South Wales and ask who would win.

https://y-ddraig.co.uk/2017/09/13/a-gam ... uth-wales/

Who do you think would win?

Re: Best ever North Wales XI vs best ever South Wales XI

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 pm

Well the South Wales team has our 3 greatest ever players in my book in Allchurch, Bale and John Charles and theirfore is superior though the north has the better goalie and defence.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:18 pm

As long as you make Dean Saunders manager of the North side then an all time best Howells girl school side would beat them. Decent player but a terrible manager and an even worse pundit!

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Dean Saunders wont be my manager! haha

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:07 pm

only one of Wales most Successful team ever makes the 22..

is this a time and nostalgia thing.?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:08 pm

dogfound wrote:only one of Wales most Successful team ever makes the 22..

who was that?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:30 pm

neil316 wrote:

who was that?

are you asking what player..or our most successful team.?
player .......Bale
team.......the current one that qualified for the EUROs then got to the semi and are currently unbeaten in our WC qualifying group and might yet qualify.
think both teams in the article are good..but do wonder if our current stars will fare better in these sort of best ever teams in future years.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:20 am

dogfound wrote:
neil316 wrote:

who was that?

player .......Bale
team.......the current one that qualified for the EUROs then got to the semi and are currently unbeaten in our WC qualifying group and might yet qualify.
think both teams in the article are good..but do wonder if our current stars will fare better in these sort of best ever teams in future years.

i know what you mean. there is truth to that. in a few years time maybe this article would look different

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:46 am

dogfound wrote:
neil316 wrote:

who was that?

player .......Bale

You could argue that reaching the quarter finals of a World Cup is on a par with reaching the semi-final of the Euros. If it was'nt for Pele it may have even been a lot better for Wales.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
neil316 wrote:

who was that?

player .......Bale

You could argue that reaching the quarter finals of a World Cup is on a par with reaching the semi-final of the Euros. If it was'nt for Pele it may have even been a lot better for Wales.

i did consider that before making the statement..the 58 team failed to initially qualify though...won some sort of rafle to play Israel..and then at the finals didnt actually win a game...

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:26 am

they had to beat Hungary in a play off to face Hungary didnt they?