Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" My Theory On Tomlin "

Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am

" My Theory On Tomlin "

And why hes not been starting much or playing...

Yes we have coped well without him and played well and ait top of the league so no complaints really.

But i do suspect and believe warnock is leaving tomlin oit more often than not because of his court case. I think neil dosent want to make him a starter or regular fixture in the squad incase he goes to prison and then possibly leaves a hole then, in other words until hes safe and staying and not going to jail pointless in playing him really. Sure his crown court appearance is october sometime so maybe we will see more of him after that.

With tomlin in the team i think we could go to the next level and start dominating teams and tearing them apart and consolidate a top 2 spot. I might be wrong but he has got that class to benefit zohore hoilett laing and get us even more goals..

Re: My Theory On Tomlin

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:19 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:And why hes not been starting much or playing...

Yes we have coped well without him and played well and ait top of the league so no complaints really.

But i do suspect and believe warnock is leaving tomlin oit more often than not because of his court case. I think neil dosent want to make him a starter or regular fixture in the squad incase he goes to prison and then possibly leaves a hole then, in other words until hes safe and staying and not going to jail pointless in playing him really. Sure his crown court appearance is october sometime so maybe we will see more of him after that.

With tomlin in the team i think we could go to the next level and start dominating teams and tearing them apart and consolidate a top 2 spot. I might be wrong but he has got that class to benefit zohore hoilett laing and get us even more goals..

Agree 100% with this. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:20 pm

I agree too. Wouldn't surprise me if NW has had dialogue with LT to explain the situation.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:45 pm

I do agree but I also believe the way we have started the season has been a big deciding factor.

I think after Villa home he went with the extra legs in midfield with Demour and it worked and he could see a new pattern to our play.

Im sure if results hadn't been as good that Tomlin would have played more.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:50 pm

surely warnock knew there was a high risk he would be charged, before we signed him for £2m+? where was the forward planning, if any?

it makes very little sense to sign him in knowledge of the charge, then leave him out no matter how good he is, as he may 'leave a hole in the team' if he plays well. should have signed him in january once the outcome of the criminal matter became clear or moved on to the next person on the list. we are not a club that should be spending that amount of money unless the player is fit and ready to play.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:51 pm

I think the ongoing court case has probably taken it's toll on Tomlin mentally also.

Remember Bristol City were willing to let him go and it may have been partly because he was finding it difficult to concentrate on his football whilst the case has been hanging over him.

Maybe once it's out of the way he can get back to focussing solely on getting back to his best - provided he doesn't get sent down of course!

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:15 pm

davids wrote:I think the ongoing court case has probably taken it's toll on Tomlin mentally also.

Remember Bristol City were willing to let him go and it may have been partly because he was finding it difficult to concentrate on his football whilst the case has been hanging over him.

Maybe once it's out of the way he can get back to focussing solely on getting back to his best - provided he doesn't get sent down of course!

Bristol let him go becausehe refused to move from Leicester

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:59 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I agree too. Wouldn't surprise me if NW has had dialogue with LT to explain the situation.

Yeh i think that too, neil has probably had a word with him and said "look once your court case is all sorted we can go all guns blazing and you can come in and take your chance and stay in the team"

Re: " My Theory On Tomlin "

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:14 pm

The main reason is probably because he hasn't played that well when given his chance

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Nah,I think your all barking up the wrong tree and overthinking it.He'll get his chance but like Ward at the moment they just options.After all, if it ain't broke don't fix it.But their may be a time when our current tactics are not working then their chance may come.This I believe was NW's plan from day 1 and why he assembled his squad so early.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:18 pm

I just think he hasn't had the time to impress nothing yo do with court case its a long seadon and he will get his chance

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:27 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:surely warnock knew there was a high risk he would be charged, before we signed him for £2m+? where was the forward planning, if any?

it makes very little sense to sign him in knowledge of the charge, then leave him out no matter how good he is, as he may 'leave a hole in the team' if he plays well. should have signed him in january once the outcome of the criminal matter became clear or moved on to the next person on the list. we are not a club that should be spending that amount of money unless the player is fit and ready to play.

If it wasn't for the court case then LT wouldn't have become available for a bargain £1.5m. Even if he does go to prison (which is unlikely but possible) the sentence would be pretty short, measured in weeks rather than months.

There is an argument that NW has shown a great deal of forward planning by getting a quality player on the cheap by playing on the circumstances.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Needs to stat not enough creativity in the side.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:11 pm

IF he does end up locked up, will his contract be terminated or will Cardiff City continue paying someone who is in nick?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:42 pm

And he is still living in Leicester and travelling that is not good

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:45 pm

DEANO wrote:And he is still living in Leicester and travelling that is not good

Is that a fact Deano?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:49 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:IF he does end up locked up, will his contract be terminated or will Cardiff City continue paying someone who is in nick?

No chance of it being terminated, if he got custodial sentence it wouldn't be long, so paying him for month or so wouldn't hurt too much, we are paying him now and hes only sat on bench most of the time, just be sat in a cell! Terminate it and hes a free agent on release, spunked 1.5 million for him to go elsewhere! Didn't we sign Gary Croft once from Ipswitch who played with a tag, having been released from prison for some stupid offence.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:51 pm

This should have been sorted before signing him, very surprised it wasn't.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:15 pm

i would imagine that if he is still living there it was agreed prior to signing..the article last week about him living in leicster and Brisol not being happy about it was old news..

Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:25 pm

not as good as bryson

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:25 pm

if he was playing well, or fitted into the tactics better, he would be playing. Court case or not.

To leave him out until the court case and then bring him in fresh is daft. We may not be anywhere near the pace by then so it would be pointless keeping him fresh.

It's more like he just isn't being picked for playing reasons.

I think he is looking chubby again.... looked sluggish against Derby.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:31 pm

Will get Community Service.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:17 pm

There are games where he will be needed.. Wednesday if it weren't for his free kick we wouldn't have got a point.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:10 am

I was very disappointed with him against Derby.

Renowned for his free kicks he failed to hit the target or deliver any quality ball into threat areas.

hopefully after the case this will resolve itself. :bluebird:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:30 am

Big Ceri wrote:I was very disappointed with him against Derby.

Renowned for his free kicks he failed to hit the target or deliver any quality ball into threat areas.

Give the guy a break! He was only on for ten minutes. And didn't he take the free kick that Westwood could only push into the path of Mendez Laing who drove it in for Bamba to get the last kick equaliser against Wednesday? I was right behind the goal for that one. He hit it up over the wall and it dropped into the bottom corner. A lesser keeper wouldn't have got to it.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Big Ceri wrote:I was very disappointed with him against Derby.

I think a player like that needs more than a 20min cameo. The problem was he was trying to make an impact and try things he probably wouldn't if he started