Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Favourite Goal

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:55 pm

So, we've had favourite players, what about favourite goal?

Mine has to be Whitts goal against Boro in the FA cup. :bluebird:

Re: Favourite Goal

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Ben Turner's equaliser last minute against Liverpool in the cup final.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:55 pm

Peter King against Middlesbrough 1970. Unfortunately we lost 4-3 despite leading 3-1. Bobby Woodruff scored a cracker in the same match. All 7 goals from that game still on youtube.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Got to be Hudson from half way

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Chopra last minute against the jacks at home... Ouuuuschhhhhhhhh

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Mark Hudson v Derby, literally never seen anything quite like it.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:50 am

Koumas v Leeds. What a finish from the most exciting player I have see at Ninian park.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:19 am

Chopra last minute at home to the Jacks, right in front of me in the Canton. SCENES.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:10 am

KJblue wrote:Ben Turner's equaliser last minute against Liverpool in the cup final.

that takes some beating, but Bellamy v the Jacks down at there place was something else too. Also Whitts screamer v Barnsley :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:36 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Peter King against Middlesbrough 1970. Unfortunately we lost 4-3 despite leading 3-1. Bobby Woodruff scored a cracker in the same match. All 7 goals from that game still on youtube.

Spot on. I was there that day and don't think I would ever see it again and found it on you tube last month. I was quite near the front of the grange end and remember the keeper turning round to us after he scored and just shrugging his arms and smiling as if to say "what could I do about that".

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:50 am

Whitts against Barnsley,playing keep ups and then volley in to top corner.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:00 pm

john Buchanan`s exocet :old:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOvrAXaZKfg

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:08 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Peter King against Middlesbrough 1970. Unfortunately we lost 4-3 despite leading 3-1. Bobby Woodruff scored a cracker in the same match. All 7 goals from that game still on youtube.

Spot on. I was there that day and don't think I would ever see it again and found it on you tube last month. I was quite near the front of the grange end and remember the keeper turning round to us after he scored and just shrugging his arms and smiling as if to say "what could I do about that".

I was right behind the goal JJ, and as soon as it left his foot you could see it was going to curl into the net. I was 14 at the time, I'm 61 now and that is still one of the best, if not the best goal I have ever seen.