Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ BRILLIANT NEWS FOR WALES TONIGHT “

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:57 pm

England beat Slovenia and Scotland beat Slovakia tonight.

These two results mean that Wales will be guaranteed a play-off spot with two wins.

Obviously need to get the results first, but in our hands.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ BRILLIANT NEWS FOR WALES TONIGHT “

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:England beat Slovenia and Scotland beat Slovakia tonight.

These two results mean that Wales will be guaranteed a play-off spot with two wins.

Without Gareth Bale that's one hell of an ask !

I can't see it personally, but fingers crossed.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I am always the optimist but I can't see us winning in Georgia, yes we have a team and without them bale can't do his stuff but let's be honest we all know how valuable he is. He's not been great in the qualifiers and as a result we haven't been winning our home games. Hope am wrong and benny does th business :thumbup:

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:36 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I am always the optimist but I can't see us winning in Georgia, yes we have a team and without them bale can't do his stuff but let's be honest we all know how valuable he is. He's not been great in the qualifiers and as a result we haven't been winning our home games. Hope am wrong and benny does th business :thumbup:

We can do it!!! :old:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:12 am

Bale has been very disappointing in recent games. However, the opposition still put three players on him, freeing up space for others.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:28 am

The lads will have to dig deep to get anything out of tonight s game but we've tremendous team spirit and it's not the end if the world if bale doesn't play as we got a terrific result in Serbia without him, C'mon Wales.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 am

Georgia are not without their own injury problems.

Let's hope we keep the dream alive tonight. Cymru am byth :occasion5:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:05 am

They have nothing to play for either so I'm hoping that works in our favour.

No Bale means that hopefully they will ignore Woodburn (if he plays). Need a big performance from Ramsay and Allen.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:49 am

maccydee wrote:They have nothing to play for either so I'm hoping that works in our favour.

No Bale means that hopefully they will ignore Woodburn (if he plays). Need a big performance from Ramsay and Allen.

they can not qualify..but the result does count towards their coefficient points .

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:37 pm

We've not got best record against them so time for a change much rather go into ire game needing a draw!

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:54 pm

1 Step Closer ;)

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Christ lads we got to the semis of the euro championships, who expected that.
Missing bale could be a blessing as the rest of the squad need to give that little bit more. Great result and deffinately a win against Ireland as well Monday

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Miller time wrote:Christ lads we got to the semis of the euro championships, who expected that.
Missing bale could be a blessing as the rest of the squad need to give that little bit more. Great result and deffinately a win against Ireland as well Monday

Fek off Bale :occasion5:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Top result

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Ireland 2-0 up .

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:36 pm

IRELAND - WON 2-0 .

AUSTRIA - WON 3-2 .

GAME ON ;)

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Mondays results......

Wales 2 Pub Team 0

Serbia 1 Georgia 1

Wales win group

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:20 pm

Doing the business without Bale

Wales' win in Georgia - their first in five attempts against those opponents - was their first since 2013 without their talisman, Gareth Bale.

They had not won a qualifier away from home without the Real Madrid forward since a 1-0 victory over Azerbaijan in 2009.

"People say we haven't won without Bale or won two games on the trot," said Coleman.

"But the past four years have not just been about Gareth Bale. He's super important to us but we haven't had him, Joe Allen and Aaron Ramsey all the time.

"Three times since [the Euro 2016 quarter-final] we've had them all on the pitch. That's international football.

"Our team got on with the job, got over the line and we're still in with a shout. We have a job to do and we have to get on with it."