' Aaron Ramsey Tonight '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Aaron Ramsey Tonight '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:02 pm

'If Aaron Ramsey is anywhere near his best, we've always got a chance,' declares Wales boss Chris Coleman

Friday 6th October 2017

Aaron Ramsey won’t feel any extra pressure to deliver and celebrate his Wales landmark in the way he wants.

Ramsey will hit 50 caps when he walks out against Georgia. It may well have already been many more if not for the double-leg fracture that threatened to rob him of his best, but only managed to cost him a year out of the game.

Since making his debut against Denmark nine years ago, he has more often than not delighted Wales fans who have always seen the best in him and very often the best of him as a result.

It was seen at the Euros, a stage fitting for his talent, and seen again in Belgrade when Gareth Bale was suspended in Serbia and the call was on the twice FA Cup final matchwinner to carry his nation’s hopes. A Panenka penalty and a 12th goal in his country’s shirt followed.

It will take the team to deliver in Tbilisi, but Ramsey is that player who can spark imagination when frustration threatens to grow.

And the Arsenal star’s own form has unsurprisingly been one of the reasons for the confidence that Wales have the quality to overcome difficult hosts on Friday night.

“It's got to be the team that wins it,” said captain Ashley Williams. “But we need the senior boys to be mature, take a bit more responsibility because one of us is not here.

“When you talk about creating and attacking-wise that will fall on Rambo's shoulders a little bit more than it would normally. But he has played without Gaz before.

“He will have a job to do in the team which he will do as he always does. I doubt he will feel any extra pressure. He will just go out there and do what is required of him, which he does normally.”

Ramsey’s norm will do just fine as they look for any way to find the win against a side better than their sixth-seed status and who have troubled all opposition in this campaign.

And Coleman is expecting him to do what he does – and as he has done for the 49 previous appearances.

“I expect from him the same I expect from Ashley, Joe Ledley and all of the lads who've been here a long time, being involved in must-win situations are used to playing under this type of pressure and are used to not having it our own way,” said Coleman.

“The players have got an identity, they have ownership of wherever we are. They own that, especially these experienced boys who have been here a long time. Of course Aaron is very much a part of that.

“It's his 50th cap which is fantastic. We know his capabilities in any game at any given moment of changing the outlook of a game. He can create something or score from nothing. He, along with the players I have mentioned, they know what it’s all about, they have been in these games before.

“They know their identity and they are a very resilient bunch and they are fantastic they stick to the game plan.

“So he won’t be thinking this is his 50th cap and getting carried away with that. He’ll be thinking this is what he needs to do and what we have been working on. We will go and try and implement our game plan.

“And if he's anywhere near his best we've always got a chance of having a positive result.”
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Aaron Ramsey Tonight '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Aaron Ramsey Tonight '

Postby RYANBLUE » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:05 pm

For me he has to play attacking. If he does the Whitts type role sitting infront of back 4 playing lateral passes were fkd
RYANBLUE

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:59 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:For me he has to play attacking. If he does the Whitts type role sitting infront of back 4 playing lateral passes were fkd

He'll play off Vokes i'd imagine

Allen with someone else ( not ledley hopefully) :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:23 pm

knowing our luck he gets booked and misses ire game! :banghead:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm

needs new boots for Monday.
dogfound