Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated " Warnock fuming!!! "

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:57 pm

' Updated '

Aron Gunnarson played 65 mins for Iceland after Warnock told them he wasn't fit. He shouldn't have played full stop

Warnock is not happy at all with the situation and will be demanding answers.

Gunnarsson has been unable to play for City recently due to a injury.

Neil Warnock has fired a warning to Aron Gunnarsson's national manager after claiming the man from Iceland is in danger of burning out.

Warnock has already exchanged words with Heimir Hallgrimsson this season over the treatment of midfielder Gunarsson.

Pretty surprised to see Gunnarsson starting today. Im sure Warnock will have a lot to say about that.
Come on Wales!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Warnock will be fuming!!!

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Cant see him staying

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:27 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Cant see him staying

????????

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:28 pm

BluebirdsPolska wrote:Pretty surprised to see Gunnarsson starting today. Im sure Warnock will have a lot to say about that.
Come on Wales!!

Not Gunnarrsson fault. The international team are to blame here. They have seen the medical reports and they have over-ruled the original report and have gone against the judgement and advise of both Cardiff and Medical professionals. If he is injured, hope Cardiff will claim compensation from Iceland FA.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Doesn't make the bench on Saturday but fine Friday ?

Hasn't signed a contract when Warnock tied up a lot of loose end during the summer.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Shows how far football has come and the mentality of our supporters moaning about him playing for his country.. I don't see why these disputes between club and country happen.. people posting on here as if they know whats going on.. hes the Iceland captain and it's a big game.. he would have prepared for this game and trying to make it fit as possible.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:21 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Doesn't make the bench on Saturday but fine Friday ?

Hasn't signed a contract when Warnock tied up a lot of loose end during the summer.

what if...{these are totally hypothetical amounts } but what if he had 1 year left on a 25k a week contract..and NWs valuation of him is more like half of that....what sort of new contract can you offer.?.the answer has to be you simply cant make an offer..
its allow him to run it down..make it clear if youd like to keep him that the door is open{ if infact that is the case nxt June } see what he is offered elsewhere, and then compete for his signature at new lower terms.
its what i think happened with Manga this summer just gone.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:36 pm

dogfound wrote:

what if...{these are totally hypothetical amounts } but what if he had 1 year left on a 25k a week contract..and NWs valuation of him is more like half of that....what sort of new contract can you offer.?.the answer has to be you simply cant make an offer..
its allow him to run it down..make it clear if youd like to keep him that the door is open{ if infact that is the case nxt June } see what he is offered elsewhere, and then compete for his signature at new lower terms.

Thats where my head is at, except he is not British, so is not tied to this country. Could he get roughly his current contract in the Bundesliga or the Eredivisie. Does he want to try a different county before returning home ?

He could sign a pre contract in three months

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:19 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Thats where my head is at, except he is not British, so is not tied to this country. Could he get roughly his current contract in the Bundesliga or the Eredivisie. Does he want to try a different county before returning home ?

i havent any idea what he is on other than whats been put on here ...or how settled he is, 6 years here and another 3 at Coventry is quite some time..
but anyway my thoughts are he isnt good enough to be earning huge wages in comparrison to others here.{ if thats the case }.the parachute payments end this season.and if promoted ..well how good was he in the prem last time ? {i thought off the pace }.
chuck that lot into mr babage and you get...wait and see.?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Subbed after 65 mins

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:34 pm

dogfound wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i havent any idea what he is on other than whats been put on here ...or how settled he is, 6 years here and another 3 at Coventry is quite some time..
but anyway my thoughts are he isnt good enough to be earning huge wages in comparrison to others here.{ if thats the case }.the parachute payments end this season.and if promoted ..well how good was he in the prem last time ? {i thought off the pace }.

Totally agree, I like Gunner but he shouldn't be a top earner.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Hmmm

Gareth Bale has an injury and doesn't play even after Zidane says he's quite happy!

NW states Gunnars is injured and doesn't play him
and he then plays 65 minutes.

Sorry, if gunners is not fit for us when he gets back
tell him to sort his wages out with Iceland federation until he is.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:59 pm

Hasn't he been a regular starter most of the season? What if he was touch and go for sat and needed a few extra days? Think your drawing too much from this.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:23 am

Gunnarson played 65 mins for Iceland after Warnock told them he wasn't fit. He shouldn't have played full stop

Re: Updated " Warnock will be fuming!!! "

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:57 am

BluebirdsPolska wrote:' Updated '

Gunnarson played 65 mins for Iceland after Warnock told them he wasn't fit. He shouldn't have played full stop

Pretty surprised to see Gunnarsson starting today. Im sure Warnock will have a lot to say about that.
Come on Wales!!

Why in God's name did City allow him to join up with the Iceland squad in the first place,look how many times United prevented Giggs from playing for Wales on a supposed injury concern,no as far as I'm concerned this lies firmly at City's doorstep

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:57 am

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Totally agree, I like Gunner but he shouldn't be a top earner.

i dont know that he is...im just going on rumours , the fact his last contract was signed during a time money was being thrown around .
dont see any issue with him playing last night if he was passed fit.
Wales have done exactly the same in the face of club managers protestations. lets be honest no club manager wants their players going off on international duty...as a Wales fan i want every Welsh player to turn up injured or not to be assessed by OUR medical staff...as a Cardiff fan i want OUR manager to be able to stop our internationals travelling..cant have the penny and the bun though..

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:04 am

angelis1949 wrote:

Come on Wales!!

Why in God's name did City allow him to join up with the Iceland squad in the first place,look how many times United prevented Giggs from playing for Wales on a supposed injury concern,no as far as I'm concerned this lies firmly at City's doorstep

lol...you cant have it both ways though.
on one hand your doubting Giggs { supposed } injury
on the other Cardiff should be able to just stop players turning up for national teams..
and no it doesnt...players are now expected to turn up to be assessed by their nations medical staff....do you really think important players would be risked any more for a national game than a club game..just dont see it myself.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:21 am

I like gunner but I think if he is on 25k a week then we have to let him go as i trust Warnock to replace him with someone on half those wages and probably better

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:16 am

angelis1949 wrote:

Come on Wales!!

If city did not allow him to travel so that Iceland doctors could examine him, then Iceland could stop him playing for city's next game, that is the stupid rules :thumbup:

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Igovernor wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Come on Wales!!

If city did not allow him to travel so that Iceland doctors could examine him, then Iceland could stop him playing for city's next game, that is the stupid rules :thumbup:

If he wasn't fit city and gunners should have told them hes not fit ! Yes let him go as that's the rules but i guess he wasn't unfit to play and Gunners looks as if he wanted to play in what was a big game for them, could be his loss regarding playing for city in next game.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:39 am

No worries plenty of cover damour and Bryson a better midfield than gunnerson,ralls they move the ball quicker which is why ken scored two against Leeds .

Re: Updated " Warnock fuming!!! "

Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:28 pm

It will be interesting if Gunnarsson starts away at Brum on Friday night?

Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:It will be interesting if Gunnarsson starts away at Brum on Friday night?

I’d be amazed if he did. Even if he was 100 percent fit

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:23 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:It will be interesting if Gunnarsson starts away at Brum on Friday night?

He's usually poor anyway after international duty. It takes it out of him. He gives everything for Iceland as we'd expect him to if he was Welsh .

He's captain of his country and proud of it, he's going to play even if not 100% fit and we should expect no different.

It's not good news for City, but we can't really complain about this on one hand then expect the Welsh players to do the same.

Luckily we've got decent cover.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

He's usually poor anyway after international duty. It takes it out of him. He gives everything for Iceland as we'd expect him to if he was Welsh .

He's captain of his country and proud of it, he's going to play even if not 100% fit and we should expect no different.

It's not good news for City, but we can't really complain about this on one hand then expect the Welsh players to do the same.

Luckily we've got decent cover.

True and all points Tim.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:18 pm

He's their captain and from the time Warnock said he weren't fit until he played for Iceland a lot could have changed, embarrassing mentality that we are having here separating clubs from international duty.. if he was Welsh be a complete different story.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:06 am

Gunners played 79 min in second game.

If he complains or withdraws from our game then NW should give him the Iceland managers phone number and tell him to sort out his wages with them.

Gunners is a waster

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 am

Pulisnewport wrote:

If he complains or withdraws from our game then NW should give him the Iceland managers phone number and tell him to sort out his wages with them.

Gunners is a waster

Yeah, such a waster he captained a country of only 335,000 people to qualify automatically for the 2018 World Cup. Oh and got to the quarter finals of last year's Euros beating England on the way with one of his throws.

Pipe down the lot of you, hypocrites or what - watch a man play out of his skin for his country and be pleased for his achievement, and make sure you applaud him when he next plays for us.

A man amongst men.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:58 am

JimmyJazz wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Gunners is a waster

Yeah, such a waster he captained a country of only 335,000 people to qualify automatically for the 2018 World Cup. Oh and got to the quarter finals of last year's Euros beating England on the way with one of his throws.

Pipe down the lot of you, hypocrites or what - watch a man play out of his skin for his country and be pleased for his achievement, and make sure you applaud him when he next plays for us.

A man amongst men.

I'm not arguing with his commitment to his Country and applaud him for it!!!

However it's Cardiff City that pays his wages (20k a week) if he doesn't play for us after that due to injury then let Iceland pay his wages until he does.

If I were NW I would play him now constantly even if injured and if he does himself a mischief then so be it.

Clear his commitment lies elsewhere, see what his bank manager does when he has no money coming in???