Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Spending in January

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray says the club's position in League One in January could determine how much they spend in the window.

Sky Sports

07/10/17

Speaking at Thursday’s supporters consultation meeting, Mowbray said: "My question to the owners as we get towards the January window will depend on where we are.

"If we are right there in contention then I think I have got a stronger argument to ask for money to strengthen the team as we feel a bit of investment would help us to push on and leave the rest behind."

Re: Spending in January

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:57 pm

QUIET JANUARY FOR NORWICH?

Norwich sporting director Stuart Webber has suggested the club will not be doing too much business in the January window.

Speaking to the Eastern Daily Press, Webber, who is six months into the job, said: "I struggle to see January being particularly busy because I am not a big believer of doing much in January if the squad is settled and the spirit is right.

"But going into next summer and beyond I know 100 per cent that we’ll be in a much better place to attack those windows and prepare.

"However this season pans out we will be so much better prepared for next summer. We are working on players now and dealing with agents and so on. That is the philosophy here moving forward, not, ‘The window opens in two days and what are we going to do lads?’"