Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City to win the League or Wales to qualify for World Cup ???

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:53 am

Hopefully we will have both but, If you could only have one ???

City :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Re: City to win the League or Wales to qualify for World Cup

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:03 am

City every time :bluescarf: m :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:51 am

Cardiff City every time without a doubt :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:08 am

Bluebina wrote:Hopefully we will have both but, If you could only have one ???

both but city to win the league for me

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:12 am

wez1927 wrote:

Wez, We would all like both, but if I had to chose, City because their the club you are brought up on and follow week in week out all your life :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:23 am

city :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez, We would all like both, but if I had to chose, City because their the club you are brought up on and follow week in week out all your life :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

agree

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:28 am

City to win the league without a doubt!

If the question was Wales to WIN the World Cup or city to win the league...........It would still be city to win the league for me but the answer gets much harder!

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:35 am

Football has always been Club before Country in Wales, Rugby probably the other way round.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:36 am

City every time .

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:50 am

City til I die

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:51 am

Wow, I seem daft disagreeing with so many people. I love the city and Wales equally. I think in the long term, Wales qualifying for the World Cup and having a decent time in Russia will benefit Cardiff massively. More interest from the kids = bigger pool of talent to choose from internationally and for Cardiff domestically. But I suppose Premier League football has a similar affect :?:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:02 am

I think Wales has a good chance of qualifying for the finals,City needs to improve the quality overall of their squad to be promoted to the Premiership......again these are my personal opinions

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:14 am

I don’t think the two are comparable. City by some distance.

If you said Wales win the world cup or City win the league then that’s more debatable.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 am

City.

International football doesn't really interest me. I hate weekends when no league matches are played.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:43 am

2blue2handle wrote:I don’t think the two are comparable. City by some distance.

If you said Wales win the world cup or City win the league then that’s more debatable.

I don’t think that would be debatably anyone who didn’t choose Wales to win the World Cup would have to be a mental case. As for current choice I’d choose Wales as I am in no doubt Cardiff will be in the top flight again some point in my life. Whereas this could well be the only time Wales have a realistic chance of qualifying for a World Cup in my lifetime. Just a shame it’s in Russia oh well at least it isn’t Quatar I suppose. :lol:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:45 am

phildavies wrote:

I don’t think that would be debatably anyone who didn’t choose Wales to win the World Cup would have to be a mental case. As for current choice I’d choose Wales as I am in no doubt Cardiff will be in the top flight again some point in my life. Whereas this could well be the only time Wales have a realistic chance of qualifying for a World Cup in my lifetime. Just a shame it’s in Russia oh well at least it isn’t Quatar I suppose. :lol:

I agree :thumbup:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:46 am

CITY! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:53 am

City 100%

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm

City for me, every time.

But I am greedy and want both.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:25 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
phildavies wrote:

I would'nt bank on Cardiff being in the top flight again in your lifetime. I used to say the same sort of thing when I was younger, and in 50 years of being a City fan the club have spent one brief season at the top. Personally, I would be very surprised if they return to the top flight in my lifetime, and it could easily be another 50 years if and when they get there again. It would be great for me if just one of these things were to happen. I have never seen Wales at the World Cup finals, and I missed our one and only season at the top because that was during the time Tan was trying to destroy the club's heritage.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
phildavies wrote:

I would'nt bank on Cardiff being in the top flight again in your lifetime. I used to say the same sort of thing when I was younger, and in 50 years of being a City fan the club have spent one brief season at the top. Personally, I would be very surprised if they return to the top flight in my lifetime, and it could easily be another 50 years if and when they get there again. It would be great for me if just one of these things were to happen. I have never seen Wales at the World Cup finals, and I missed our one and only season at the top because that was during the time Tan was trying to destroy the club's heritage.

how old are you?

because you know we are top of the championship right?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:47 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
phildavies wrote:

you really need to cheer up and enjoy what is happening :thumbup:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
phildavies wrote:

how old are you?

You don't get promotion for being top of the Championship in early October.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
phildavies wrote:

you really need to cheer up and enjoy what is happening :thumbup:

I'm enjoying it because I don't have unrealistic ambitions. I don't expect us to set the world alight (which is just as well as Wales and Cardiff have done it once each in the last half century)and therefore if things go pear shaped I am not terribly downhearted. I have been through these sort of times before, I saw Paul Bodin miss the penalty that could have sent us to the World Cup finals, I supported City when we looked near certainties for promotion when Toshack was the leagues top scorer and then we threw it all away at the end. Like plenty of others, I have been around long enough to have seen all this excitement and anticipation before. I'll take any sort of success as a bonus, I'll be cheering us on and hoping for the best, but deep down I think Wales have a better chance of qualifying for the finals than Cardiff have of gaining promotion.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Is there really even a choice??
Yes it would suck if Wales didn't qualify but I'd get over it,

But I'm not sure if my heart could cope if City got promoted lol

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:23 pm

My heart says Cymru and my heart says Cardiff!!!
Hwn gwlad fy nhadau a hen dinas fy nhadau!!!
Can't choose....lets have both...ymlaen a ni! :bluebird: :thumbup:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Has to be wales for me. I've seen cardiff win the league but never seen wales at a world cup.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Could be smart and say Wales to qualify for World Cup with City to finish 2nd? :lol:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
phildavies wrote:

how old are you?

You don't get promotion for being top of the Championship in early October.

Gee don't you... thanks

Being top of the league at the moment hardly qualifies for "not expecting to see my club in the premier league in my lifetime" unless your 99