' Chris Coleman Staying On or Leaving? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:10 am

Chris Coleman says 'golden generation' must dare to dream ahead of Ireland clash

Daily Mail

Ninety minutes in Cardiff on Monday night could decide whether Chris Coleman is looking for a new job or leading Wales to a first World Cup in 60 years but, having last night christened this the “golden generation”, there was no doubting the historic outcome that he anticipates.

“I fought against it when they were labelled the ‘golden bunch’ before we qualified for the Euros but now they've earned it - this is a golden era,” declared Coleman, ahead a showdown against the Republic of Ireland tonight that, for either team, could end with automatic qualification for Russia, a play-off or elimination from the World Cup.

Coleman was leading Wales to a European Championship semi-final against Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal only 15 months ago but he further summer up the importance of this evening in a single sentence. “It’s as big as anything we've been involved in,” he said.

International football might be fighting national apathy across the border in England – perhaps in part because of the failings of another ‘golden generation’ – but has never been more enthusiastically followed in Wales. That will be vividly evident during the national anthems tonight when, in a rare change of protocol, the players have asked for ‘Land Of My Fathers’ to be cut short so that 30,000 proud Welshman inside the Cardiff City Stadium can loudly finish the job.

Managers usually try to contain such fervour for fear of it distracting their players but, having memorably implored the nation to think big throughout Euro 2016, Coleman issued another rousing rallying cry. “Dare to dream? I meant every word of that,” he said. “I say that because I’ve seen the other side. That’s why I don’t have any fear. We look forward to these games because I’ve been in positions where I didn't know if I’d still be in a job if I’d lost that next game. To be sat here now is an absolute joy.”

Coleman can certainly draw on a full range of experiences. From the unthinkable low of losing Gary Speed – his friend and predecessor – and then beginning his reign with five straight defeats, he has taken Wales further in international competition than any other manager.
Attachments
Chris Coleman.jpeg
Chris Coleman.jpeg (28.01 KiB) Viewed 2043 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Chris Coleman Staying On or Leaving? '

Postby Philippine blue » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:40 am

I would give him a new contract if he wants it. We have some excellent youngsters coming through and the majority of the first team are still good for another campaign. We are just a world class striker away from being a top 5 team in the rankings.
Philippine blue

Postby wez1927 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:52 am

I have not been his biggest fan but recent performances have changed my mind ,i don't think anyone else would do a better job than him better the devil you know
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby RYANBLUE » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:39 am

think for the stability of the side we need him to stay and the welsh FA should do what they can to keep him.

From his point, he may walk. He will be at the top and achieved so much so really the expectation may be too much
RYANBLUE

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:13 am

Not a bad bloke for a JACK!!
Pulisnewport

Postby wez1927 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:16 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Not a bad bloke for a JACK!!

:lol:
wez1927

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:54 am

Watched the documentary on him on Saturday , changed my views on him , he`s a top guy .

as a manager though Id prefer day to day with players so a mid table Prem team (Stoke type club ) would suit him .
NIBluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:16 am

For me it depends if we qualify, if we don’t then that has to be seen as a failure.

If we do qualify then he obviously deserves the chance to continue and then if he deserves a new contract would depend how we did at the world cup. So many times you see countries qualify and then give the manager a huge new bumper contract for them to then fail at the tournament and have to be paid up.
2blue2handle

Postby SwampCCFC » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:21 am

he's already said he's leaving - either after the conclusion of qualifying or the tournament.

next man in tony pulis for me. maybe ryan giggs with assistance of a more experienced ex manager / assistant if pulis turns it down.
SwampCCFC

Postby wez1927 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:05 pm

f**k him after tonight :lol:
wez1927

Return to General Chat