Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not good enough

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Wales not good enough tonight Coleman not good enough tonight.......enough said

Re: Not good enough

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Yep and it does not help the most disgusting footballer in the league got their winner.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Poor qualifying tournament.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:48 pm

It wasn't about tonight's result it was the home draws against Moldova and Georgia

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Said many matches ago Coleman sets up to not to lose games hoping bale makes or scores a goal? Williams was an accident waiting to happen only ever passes sideways or backwards instead of forward, Ireland sussed it out half-time pressured him and hey presto mistake and goal

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:57 pm

angelis1949 wrote:Wales not good enough tonight Coleman not good enough tonight.......enough said

Always a big ask without Bale, it was like playing against an organised Warnock team, they got the goal and stopped us playing, the time wasting was unbelievable 2nd Half was about 25 minutes.....

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Best team won on the night.
They had a game plan and exercuted it to perfection. They didnt need to work hard to scofe a gifted goal by wayne Hennessey.
Joe allen was a massive miss for us worst player for us to loose.
I new as soon as he went off it would be hard.
If it wasn't for that gifted goal they may of come out searching a bit and could of hit them on the break.
Wasnt meant to be for us good luck to Ireland.
Comon city against brum on friday

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 pm

I guess our unlucky curse is back, as that was painful to watch. Ireland were definitely set up like a organized Warnock side, absolutely gutted a real horrible way to go out.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 pm

brickyblue wrote:Best team won on the night.
They had a game plan and exercuted it to perfection. They didnt need to work hard to scofe a gifted goal by wayne Hennessey.
If it wasn't for that gifted goal they may of come out searching a bit and could of hit them on the break.

Perfect summary. Word for word what my thoughts.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Cant fault you. Missing Bale for a match like this was always going to tell, but JA going off was a huge blow, no disrespect, but bringing on Ashley Williams was disappointing.
The campaign was lost last year, two home draws.

Another world cup gone, and another world cup group where we fail to qualify at the last chance saloon.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:48 pm

I think Johnny Williams came on not Ashley Williams but that aside, I agree we were not good enough on the night and the two draws cost us. We didn’t create enough chances and we are short of quality up front without GB. R of I played to their game plan and as much as much as people dislike McClean,it was a fantastic strike, which on another day,could have ended up in row z. All credit to Coleman and the players but it wasn’t meant to be,yet again and we can always remember last years tournament,to counter this years didappointment. :(

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Poor performance without doubt neither side should ah w gone through but all I'll say is how mcclean stayed on the pitch is beyond me

Delibarae elbow on Allen from behind (I've watched 5 times on replay )

Kick to Ramsey midriff and deliberate push late on

Even if he didn't go first half which he should have he should have gone second half would loved to have seen him go dirty little skiprat

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:16 pm

One thing I can't believe is players escaping criticism on past performances or how well they done before..

Ramsey and Williams escaping criticism because of their top careers, tonight they was rubbish and league one standard at best.

Williams didn't even want the ball, was too scared to move one yard with it forward, great leader in the past but slowly going past his sell by date personally.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:45 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

Cant fault you. Missing Bale for a match like this was always going to tell, but JA going off was a huge blow, no disrespect, but bringing on Ashley Williams was disappointing.

Another world cup gone, and another world cup group where we fail to qualify at the last chance saloon.

Have you noticed they've all been at home these last chance games? And I've been unlucky to have seen them all! :banghead:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:12 am

Not good enough when it mattered!

We've chucked points away. Too many draws. Our own fault.

Get a new man in. Regroup. Go again.

And play your best players. Who cares if they're 17!

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:58 am

actionman wrote:It wasn't about tonight's result it was the home draws against Moldova and Georgia

Spot on, games we should have woman's this would have been a nothing game

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

Another world cup gone, and another world cup group where we fail to qualify at the last chance saloon.[/quote

Have you noticed they've all been at home these last chance games? And I've been unlucky to have seen them all! :banghead:

Mike Smith, Mike England, Terry Yorath, Mark Hughes,,, the last chance saloon club just gained a new member!