Re: Coleman out

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:02 am

F... me I'm glad I wasn't in the trenches with you mate :sad7:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:54 am

is this a joke post?

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:01 am

Yes. great idea. Get rid of the manager who has taken us further than any previous manager. Get rid of somebody who has been praised recently by the likes of Mark Hughes, Alan Shearer, Ryan Giggs, virtually all the Welsh team and numerous others. And then after we get rid of our most successful coach ever, who do you suggest we replace him with?

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:02 am

:banghead:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:25 am

Giggs

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:51 am

keano wrote:Giggs

What sort of track record does he have as a manager, either at club or international level. Managing an international team is not a way of training to become a manager, or getting a rough idea of what it takes to be a success. He has virtually as much experience as being the number one in a management role that Trollope had when he came here. Being a good player does not mean you are a good manager, plenty of proof of that over the years. He needs to prove himself before he should be considered good enough to manage an international team.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:04 am

Giggs.......Are you taking the piss, there is a good chance he wouldnt turn up for half of the games.

No experience at all apart from a few games with Man U in the end to a nothing season. He would probably ask his mate Neville to coach aswell.

COLEMAN TO STAY!

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:47 am

You clueless jack b*stard

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Giggs.......Are you taking the piss, there is a good chance he wouldnt turn up for half of the games.

No experience at all apart from a few games with Man U in the end to a nothing season. He would probably ask his mate Neville to coach aswell.

COLEMAN TO STAY!

Giggs would be too busy being a (poor) pundit at England games !

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:06 pm

I don't think its unfair to call for his sack, at the end of the day he failed despite us being one of the better seeds. It was a poor attempt at qualifying from us. The biggest problem finding a suitable replacement.

I expect Coleman to step down anyway to be honest.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:54 pm

he's had three qualification campaigns and got through to one tournament, with an outstanding semi final. it's time to give someone else a go.

yes it was the first tournament in god knows how long, but it was expanded and so we qualified when the bar was lowered. qualification here was the test of how far we have come IMO, and we came up short.

ROI and N ireland will both be in the play offs. scotland narrowly missed out on the play offs. in my opinion we are better than all three. good luck to coleman (he will need it), and lets get behind the next man in.

if pulis doesnt want the job, then giggs gets my backing.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:00 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:

You clueless jack b*stard

What a waste or organs Giggs is. f**k him

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:21 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:he's had three qualification campaigns and got through to one tournament, with an outstanding semi final. it's time to give someone else a go.

yes it was the first tournament in god knows how long, but it was expanded and so we qualified when the bar was lowered. qualification here was the test of how far we have come IMO, and we came up short.

ROI and N ireland will both be in the play offs. scotland narrowly missed out on the play offs. in my opinion we are better than all three. good luck to coleman (he will need it), and lets get behind the next man in.

if pulis doesnt want the job, then giggs gets my backing.

To be fair we did more than just qualify, we were in the last four and it took the eventual winners to get the better of us. I am not a big fan of Coleman, but I hear a lot of big names and people who know far more than I will ever know singing his praises. Not sure why Giggs is being mentioned. He has done absolutely nothing as a manager other than a couple of games as a caretaker, and has never given the impression that he gives a hoot about us anyway. I think a proven manager with a good track record of getting the most from a fairly average bunch of players (with one or two exceptions) is what is required. Not sure there are many out there who are more qualified than Coleman in this respect.