Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Conclusions

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:39 am

What are my conclusions after last night's debacle,one, I am convinced Coleman was playing for a draw and got punished for his timidity, two, Wales has to rebuild,there were certain players playing last night that are plainly not international standard also there are players who were once of international quality but simply don't have it now,Ledley is a good example of that,I know we are not blessed with a huge pool of talent to choose from but we do need to rebuild under a new manager if we have to......again, I wish to point out these are my personal views

Re: Conclusions

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:55 am

Think he should go and let someone else try get best out of this squad, he certainly didnt with bale!
this campaign he set out defensively hence 5 draws in 1st 6 games and tbh was lucky in couple of those games, your right talent is lacking so new ideas are required to regenerate squad.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:58 am

angelis1949 wrote:What are my conclusions after last night's debacle,one, I am convinced Coleman was playing for a draw and got punished for his timidity, two, Wales has to rebuild,there were certain players playing last night that are plainly not international standard also there are players who were once of international quality but simply don't have it now,Ledley is a good example of that,I know we are not blessed with a huge pool of talent to choose from but we do need to rebuild under a new manager if we have to......again, I wish to point out these are my personal views

Afraid this has been our problem for as far back as I can remember. We often have a small handful of players that are top class with most of the rest of the side not really being up to international standards. In my opinion we have had better Welsh teams in previous years with some real quality players, but nothing to back them up other than bog standard lower league players. Even now with the undoubted quality we have, we are still missing an out and out goal scoring machine. If only somebody like Ian Rush was still playing up front, some of our draws may just have been turned into wins.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 pm

A post script to my recent posting.....i have to say I felt sorry for the fans who spent good money to support Wales last night and were let down by the players and the manager who served up a performance of sideways backwards passing played at a laborious pace and all very predictable, the fans deserved so much better