Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: " THE BATTLE OF ST ANDREWS "

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:55 am

MY VIEWS: " THE BATTLE OF ST. ANDREWS THIS FRIDAY NIGHT "

What ever you think of Birmingham's team, remember this, they will be right up for it,the arrival of a new manager and two the manager is a never say die manager Steve Cotterill who gets his team to give everything.

(1) Birmingham have been a club in disarray for the last few years. They do not seem to have a steady plan or one direction.

Their ownership and controle has been in confusion but one year ago they settled on one single owner from China. They've had 3 managers in the last 3 years (+ a 4th now) the last 2 being Zola and Redknapp (not my type of managers who are a 'quick fix' type - rather than build a coherent tean).

2 The Team - they are a 'hodge-podge', 'mish-mash' , mixed bag team that has been put together. They beat a strong Sheffield Wed team only to lose their last game 6-1 to Hull (so they are wounded and will fight back and more so with the new manager). Their players are a mixture of ex good experienced but 2nd tier Premiere League but past their best players , or young players- some on loan , or players from the lower divisions. In short - nothing special. I wouldn't put one of them on our bench. I like their attacking mid-field player Jota and he is/was injured but may be back. In goal they have the 35yr old Kuszczak of Man U pedegree but long past his best and anyway he is deputizing for the injured 32yr old Stockdale (who I rate & who may be back). On the bench is a rookie keeper.

This means WE SHOULD TEST THEIR KEEPER.

3 Conclusion : A club with an ordinary squad and with a new tough manager and a wounded team that lost their last game 6-1 - what shoukd we expect ? : a- massive changes b- a team that will fight and fight big time. It will be a combative battle! Unless one team SURRENDERS - there will be yellow cards and maybe a red. Can we win the bloody war? If we do - our skill , pace and varied game will win it. Yes we could lose (these guys beat Wednesday) but I will be very disappointed and surprised if we don't attack from the 1st minute and come back with 3 points. One thing I am confident about is that this will be THE BATTLE AT ST. ANDREW !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: " THE BATTLE OF ST ANDREWS "

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 am

Good the fiestier the better as makes good tv and encourage sky to show us more! :thumbup:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:39 am

If we can win Friday , that will increase the pressure on the other teams in the top 6.
Four games left this month,if we can get 8 points from them . I think we will still be top, at the end of October .
So Friday night is very important , can't wait .

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 am

It's a fair assumption to make that we have no idea what to expect from a Birmingham team which was desperately lucky not to be relegated last year but have 7/8 new players in their squad this season, and a new manager who will no doubt bring about some improvement

All I do know is they will be a lot more concerned about playing us the league leaders in good form than we are of playing them

If we play well and compete with them toe to toe(and it's a fair guess this City team will) most of our players are good enough to win their individual battles

A hard fought 2-1 City win is my guess