Euro 2020 slightly easier!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Right watched video of it explained and here goes!
The 4 Winners of group A leagues qualify!
There is then a qualifying tournament starting in 1919, 32 teams in 8 groups of 4 the top 2 qualify making another 16 teams! 20 so far.. Then there is another qualifying stage with best teams from nations league that are left playing with the 4 Winners qualifying making 24 teams! I couldn't possibly put everything down its to complicated but hopefully its enough info in how 24 teams get to Euro 2020 :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Euro 2020 slightly easier!

Postby epping blue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Right watched video of it explained and here goes!
There is then a qualifying tournament starting in 1919, 32 teams in 8 groups of 4 the top 2 qualify making another 16 teams! 20 so far.. Then there is another qualifying stage with best teams from nations league that are left playing with the 4 Winners qualifying making 24 teams! I couldn't possibly put everything down its to complicated but hopefully its enough info in how 24 teams get to Euro 2020 :thumbup:

That's not how I understand it although I haven't seen the film. Actually there were 24 teams in there last time. In fact it may be slightly harder given that 2 places will go to teams that would have in the past been very unlikely to qualify.

I thought top 2 teams from the 10 groups qualify via the regular euro qualification process. The remaining 4 come the nation league play offs at least 1 from each group. If everyone from the top group qualifies via the main tournament that place drops to the next group.

Serious draw back qualifying via the nations league play offs though. They wont take place until March 2020. Not long before the finals start. We'll have well and truly missed the boat as far as reasonable accommodation and travel goes
epping blue

Re: Euro 2020 slightly easier!

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:18 pm

epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Right watched video of it explained and here goes!

That's not how I understand it although I haven't seen the film. Actually there were 24 teams in there last time. In fact it may be slightly harder given that 2 places will go to teams that would have in the past been very unlikely to qualify.

I thought top 2 teams from the 10 groups qualify via the regular euro qualification process. The remaining 4 come the nation league play offs at least 1 from each group. If everyone from the top group qualifies via the main tournament that place drops to the next group.

Serious draw back qualifying via the nations league play offs though. They wont take place until March 2020. Not long before the finals start. We'll have well and truly missed the boat as far as reasonable accommodation and travel goes

In video 4 come from group A 16 from regular qualification top 2 in each group! and 4 from nations league as you say! How teams get there is a slight mystery as didn't understand how they arrived at final placings., what confuses things is it carries over to following tournament aswell :o
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat