Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS AND '

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:55 am

BREAKING ' NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS AND TALKS ABOUT CHRIS COLEMAN/WALES/ICELAND ' :bluebird: :bluebird:

Neil Warnock reveals one player's side struck by diarrhoea epidemic :shock:

Neil Warnock: "The glass is always half full for me."

The key talking points :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Here’s a summary of the main talking points

Neil Etheridge and Bruno Manga have not yet returned from international duty

Aron Gunnarsson is back but is touch-and-go to feature against Birmingham City

Lee Camp and Callum Paterson aren’t yet ready to return to first team action

Warnock has offered his support for Wales boss Chris Coleman and hopes he will stay with the national team

Neil Warnock on Gunnarsson's fitness

"He came yesterday, we trained fully but he didn’t. He said he had cramps over there after the first game — not a problem from his original injury. He just did a warm up yesterday. We’ll see what he’s like today. If there’s any doubt we won’t play him. We played him at Fulham but at Preston he was poor. He wasn’t on his own though."

NEIL WARNOCK:

" Lee Camp,He could play probably in the next fortnight if he wanted to. He’s just had a bit of a reaction to his thigh which you’ll get if you’ve been out for a while. Neil (Etheridge) and (Brian) Murphy have done really well."

Neil Warnock has revealed Cardiff City's clash with Birmingham City will come too soon for right-back Callum Paterson.

Latest on injured stars

Neil Warnock:

"Camp and Paterson played again the other day and we’ve got Rhys Healey coming back again."

Neil Warnock: Aron Gunnarsson came back, he should be available but we haven’t breathalysed him yet!

Neil Warnock:"What an achievement by Iceland" :thumb right:

NEIL WARNOCK ON CHRIS COLEMAN:

Should Coleman stay on?

"Only he knows whether he can continue with a good group. Whether that will give the satisfaction as a person. I’m sure with the job he’s done he’ll get one or two offers."

The Cardiff City boss has sympathy for Wales boss Chris Coleman

NEIL WARNOCK ON HARRY REDKNAPP:

'Harry was disappointed with the support he got'

"I’ve spoken to him a couple of times since he left and I think he was disappointed with some of the support he got from upstairs. One or two of the targets were promised and never materialised. You’ve got your plans in place and sometimes they work"

"I just said I’m disappointed because i’m not the oldest. Harry’s done most things a manager wants to do. I do enjoy this level and i actually enjoy working with the players I’ve got. I haven’t enjoyed working in the Premier League with some players."

' JUNIOR HOILETT '

Neil Warnock:

"Junior Hoilett hasn’t had a break all summer. He did so well in Canada. He needed a break and looking at him in training, they look like the rest has done them good. We had a lot on our plate over the first load of games. I’m looking at every break, we’ve enjoyed it to regroup."

NEIL WARNOCK ON CALLUM PATTERSON:

"Callum is not ready yet. He scored a great hat-trick. We thought it was Aguero or someone! We gave him a round of applause."

"He’s got to get that power but we’re not pushing him and we don’t need him at the minute. We want him to be 100 per cent.
Long term, (Gordon) Strachan mentioned about the size of the team, I imagine Paterson before his injury, people like him will look to get back in the Scottish side. To get him like we did was a no-brainer, even though i knew we wouldn’t see him till around November. He’s just got to keep doing what he’s doing."

"He’s playing games now so if i felt I needed him on the bench I would do."
Attachments
CDF_061016_CF_Neil_Warnock_13JPG.jpg
CDF_061016_CF_Neil_Warnock_13JPG.jpg (18.27 KiB) Viewed 5752 times

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK LIVE THIS MORNING '

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:57 am

CALLUM PATERSON :bluebird:

Neil Warnock has revealed Cardiff City's clash with Birmingham City will come too soon for right-back Callum Paterson.
Attachments
image-3.jpg
image-3.jpg (107.38 KiB) Viewed 5746 times

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:36 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

CURRENT CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE " SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE " :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
DLDkCW7XUAAWFds.jpg
DLDkCW7XUAAWFds.jpg (120.54 KiB) Viewed 5599 times

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:51 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Aron Gunnersson

Neil Warnock on Gunnarsson's fitness

"He came yesterday, we trained fully but he didn’t. He said he had cramps over there after the first game — not a problem from his original injury. He just did a warm up yesterday. We’ll see what he’s like today. If there’s any doubt we won’t play him. We played him at Fulham but at Preston he was poor. He wasn’t on his own though."

'We haven't breathalysed Gunnar yet!'

No surprise that the first question for Warnock is about the international break and the fact Aron Gunnarsson played in both of Iceland’s games. This is what the boss has to say:

Gunnarsson came back, he should be available but we haven’t breathalysed him yet!

I was disappointed. I said to Kevin Blackwell, Turkey was the biggest game and he played 64 minutes or something like that and the second game the same. I was disappointed they were 2-0 against a team that had 1 point and he didn’t come off at half time but Blacky said it’s the biggest game in their history so I see their point really.
It’s such a fantastic achievement. Iceland’s not as big as Cardiff, to get to the World Cup finals is a great achievement.
Attachments
SOCCER_Iceland_064278.jpg
SOCCER_Iceland_064278.jpg (41.03 KiB) Viewed 5337 times

Re: BREAKING ' NEIL WARNOCK THIS MORNING '

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 am

NEIL WARNOCK ON ICELAND:

'What an achievement'

"They’ve got that team spirit as they showed against England, they haven’t got pretty players but they’re very well organised with your Sigurdssons and other players. To go to Turkey and win 3-0 isn’t easy. I once went there to watch them play Switzerland and the intimidation there, I was frightened to death. Whenever they stood up I cheered with them. It was horrendous and it’s an intimidating place so it’s great for Iceland to finish above Croatia, Ukraine and Turkey."

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:56 am

NEIL WARNOCK ON CHRIS COLEMAN:

Should Coleman stay on?

"Only he knows whether he can continue with a good group. Whether that will give the satisfaction as a person. I’m sure with the job he’s done he’ll get one or two offers."

"I listened to certain radio programmes and they said why is it up to him, it’s up to the FAW."

"I hope he stays because once he gets over the disappointment he’ll realise what a job he’s done."

"It’ll not be an easy decision but financially I think he’ll get offered a lot more money (elsewhere) than he will by the FAW.
I wouldn’t rush it if I was him. The Welsh won’t push him. I was at the game and everything I heard was positive. It was so close and then the challenge starts again. If he thinks he’s got that team then I hope he stays."
Attachments
Georgia-v-Wales-2018-FIFA-World-Cup-Qualifying-Group-D-Boris-Paichadze-Dinamo-Arena.jpg
Georgia-v-Wales-2018-FIFA-World-Cup-Qualifying-Group-D-Boris-Paichadze-Dinamo-Arena.jpg (15.89 KiB) Viewed 5298 times

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:57 am

Warnock's take on Wales' World Cup exit

The Cardiff City boss has sympathy for Wales boss Chris Coleman

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It was strange because I’ve been in that situation. I feared at half-time I thought if there was a goal, it would be Ireland who scored it. When I was at Sheffield United, we played Wigan and had to draw to stay up and Wigan beat us. That week was so strange. You need the mentality in the player’s minds."

"Joe Allen was the best player on the pitch by a mile. You’d already lost Gareth Bale, and to lose the next best thing was just a massive blow. I think Allen is massively underrated. When it happens early in a game, it’s very difficult to think for the 90 minutes so I have a lot of sympathy for Chris Coleman. He’s done a great job."

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:00 am

Neil Warnock on Harry Redknapp's sacking

Redknapp’s dismissal from Birmingham means Warnock is once again the oldest manager in the Championship — and second oldest in the top four divisions behind Crystal Palace’s Roy Hodgson

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I think Harry was unlucky because he signed some really good players. We looked at a couple of them and we couldn’t afford them. They’ve signed that many it takes time. They beat Sheffield Wednesday last match."

"I look at it like when i came here last year, we played Bristol City on TV, we were second bottom and they were flying high. I expect a very difficult game and I don’t kid myself. We want a result but I know how difficult it’s going to be."

Re: BREAKING ' NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS AND '

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:05 am

NEIL WARNOCK ON HARRY REDKNAPP:

'Harry was disappointed with the support he got'

"I’ve spoken to him a couple of times since he left and I think he was disappointed with some of the support he got from upstairs. One or two of the targets were promised and never materialised. You’ve got your plans in place and sometimes they work"

"I just said I’m disappointed because i’m not the oldest. Harry’s done most things a manager wants to do. I do enjoy this level and i actually enjoy working with the players I’ve got. I haven’t enjoyed working in the Premier League with some players."

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 am

Latest on injured stars

Neil Warnock:

"Camp and Paterson played again the other day and we’ve got Rhys Healey coming back again."
Attachments
DJIww1PXYAAHgFQ.jpg
DJIww1PXYAAHgFQ.jpg (48.46 KiB) Viewed 5235 times

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 am

' JUNIOR HOILETT '

Neil Warnock:

"Junior Hoilett hasn’t had a break all summer. He did so well in Canada. He needed a break and looking at him in training, they look like the rest has done them good. We had a lot on our plate over the first load of games. I’m looking at every break, we’ve enjoyed it to regroup."
Attachments
JS132383579.jpg
JS132383579.jpg (34.01 KiB) Viewed 5228 times

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 am

NEIL WARNOCK ON CALLUM PATTERSON:

"Callum is not ready yet. He scored a great hat-trick. We thought it was Aguero or someone! We gave him a round of applause."

"He’s got to get that power but we’re not pushing him and we don’t need him at the minute. We want him to be 100 per cent.
Long term, (Gordon) Strachan mentioned about the size of the team, I imagine Paterson before his injury, people like him will look to get back in the Scottish side. To get him like we did was a no-brainer, even though i knew we wouldn’t see him till around November. He’s just got to keep doing what he’s doing."

"He’s playing games now so if i felt I needed him on the bench I would do."
Attachments
CDF_061016_CF_Neil_Warnock_22JPG.jpg
CDF_061016_CF_Neil_Warnock_22JPG.jpg (17.71 KiB) Viewed 5215 times

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

" Lee Camp,He could play probably in the next fortnight if he wanted to. He’s just had a bit of a reaction to his thigh which you’ll get if you’ve been out for a while. Neil (Etheridge) and (Brian) Murphy have done really well."

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:24 am

' BRUNO MANGA '

Neil Warnock:

"We’ve just got to wait and see about (Bruno) Manga. They had a diarrhoea epidemic in Morocco, they played on Tuesday in Paris as well so we haven’t seen him yet. The goal keeper (Neil) Etheridge we haven’t seen yet either."

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:27 am

The key talking points

Here’s a summary of the main talking points

Neil Etheridge and Bruno Manga have not yet returned from international duty

Aron Gunnarsson is back but is touch-and-go to feature against Birmingham City

Lee Camp and Callum Paterson aren’t yet ready to return to first team action

Warnock has offered his support for Wales boss Chris Coleman and hopes he will stay with the national team

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:29 am

Neil Warnock on pressure:

"When you’re in a team that’s doing well, we’ve got a lot of good pros that don’t let people get too down."

"Let’s enjoy it, don’t worry about where we are. They’re quite experienced. We’ve brought some fresh legs in. (Craig) Bryson has done very well and it’s a matter of just enjoying while we’re there. There’s no expectation."

"I don’t think our fans expected anything other than maybe trying to get in the playoffs."

"The glass is always half full for me."
Attachments
CDF_061016_CF_Neil_Warnock_22JPG.jpg
CDF_061016_CF_Neil_Warnock_22JPG.jpg (17.71 KiB) Viewed 5147 times

Re: BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS AND '

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 am

Loan midfielder Craig Bryson is available again after being ineligible to face his parent club Derby County in Cardiff's goalless draw before the international break.

Warnock believes his squad will be refreshed and sees the matches before November's internationals as key indicators for the rest of Cardiff's campaign.

He said: "The next five games will decide a lot in our season, really. We have another international break then and I think after 15 games you are well down the road, you have an idea of what you have.

"I always said to our lot originally that if we can be in the top six by the end of October and top 10 by January I would be quite happy, because I think we would have a chance of the play-offs.

"But where we are now is all credit to the boys. So if we can stay in that top area after the next five games I'll be delighted."

Meanwhile, Warnock believes Scottish defender Callum Paterson and goalkeeper Lee Camp are close to being available for first-team action following injuries.

Re: BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS AND '

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Cheers Tony :thumbright: :bluebird:
Post a reply