The Cardiff international break injury update/Player Struck

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:48 am

The Cardiff City international break injury update after one player's team is struck by diarrhoea epidemic

Neil Warnock has revealed Cardiff City's clash with Birmingham City will come too soon for right-back Callum Paterson.

And the Yorkshireman also believes the trip to St Andrew's will be too early for goalkeeper Lee Camp — both are close to returning to action.

Paterson netted a stunning hat-trick for the Bluebirds' development side on Monday while Camp has also featured regularly for the Under-23 team in recent weeks.

And Warnock expects the Scot to return to action within the next two weeks, adding that he could name him among the substitutes later this month if required.

"Camp and Paterson played again the other day and we’ve got Rhys Healey coming back again," said Warnock.

But when asked if Paterson is ready to face the Blues, the Cardiff manager responded: "No not yet. He scored a great hat-trick. We thought it was (Sergio) Aguero or someone.

"We gave him a round of applause. He’s got to get that power but we’re not pushing him and we don’t need him at the minute. We want him to be 100 per cent.

"Gordon Strachan mentioned about the size of the (Scotland) team, I imagine Paterson before his injury, people like him will look to get back in the Scottish side.

"To get him like we did was a no-brainer, even though I knew we wouldn’t see him till around November. He’s just got to keep doing what he’s doing.

"He’s playing games now so if I felt I needed him on the bench I would do.

"Camp could play probably in the next fortnight if he wanted to. He’s just had a bit of a reaction to his thigh which you’ll get if you’ve been out for a while. Neil (Etheridge) and (Brian) Murphy have done really well."

Aron Gunnarsson, Bruno Manga and Neil Etheridge all featured for their countries over the international break, with Gunnarsson helping Iceland qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

But Warnock has revealed Gunnarsson will need to be assessed ahead of the clash with Steve Cotterill's side.

Meanwhile, centre-back Bruno Manga has not returned to the club's Vale Resort training base yet after a diarrhoea epidemic struck Morocco while his Gabon side were playing during the break.

"We’ve just got to wait and see about Manga," added the veteran boss.

"They had a diarrhoea epidemic in Morocco, they played on Tuesday in Paris as well so we haven't seen him yet.

"The goal keeper Etheridge we haven't seen either. Gunnarsson came back he should be available but we haven’t breathalysed him yet.

"He came yesterday, we trained fully but he didn’t. He said he had cramps over there after the first game, not a problem from his original injury.

"He just did a warm up yesterday. We’ll see what he’s like today. If there’s any doubt we won’t play him."
Attachments
CDF_061016_CF_Neil_Warnock_13JPG.jpg
CDF_061016_CF_Neil_Warnock_13JPG.jpg (18.27 KiB) Viewed 967 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat