Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

NEIL WARNOCK ON CHRIS COLEMAN:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:59 am

NEIL WARNOCK ON CHRIS COLEMAN:

Should Coleman stay on?

"Only he knows whether he can continue with a good group. Whether that will give the satisfaction as a person. I’m sure with the job he’s done he’ll get one or two offers."

"I listened to certain radio programmes and they said why is it up to him, it’s up to the FAW."

"I hope he stays because once he gets over the disappointment he’ll realise what a job he’s done."

"It’ll not be an easy decision but financially I think he’ll get offered a lot more money (elsewhere) than he will by the FAW.
I wouldn’t rush it if I was him. The Welsh won’t push him. I was at the game and everything I heard was positive. It was so close and then the challenge starts again. If he thinks he’s got that team then I hope he stays."

Warnock's take on Wales' World Cup exit

The Cardiff City boss has sympathy for Wales boss Chris Coleman

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It was strange because I’ve been in that situation. I feared at half-time I thought if there was a goal, it would be Ireland who scored it. When I was at Sheffield United, we played Wigan and had to draw to stay up and Wigan beat us. That week was so strange. You need the mentality in the player’s minds."

"Joe Allen was the best player on the pitch by a mile. You’d already lost Gareth Bale, and to lose the next best thing was just a massive blow. I think Allen is massively underrated. When it happens early in a game, it’s very difficult to think for the 90 minutes so I have a lot of sympathy for Chris Coleman. He’s done a great job."
Attachments
Georgia-v-Wales-2018-FIFA-World-Cup-Qualifying-Group-D-Boris-Paichadze-Dinamo-Arena.jpg
Georgia-v-Wales-2018-FIFA-World-Cup-Qualifying-Group-D-Boris-Paichadze-Dinamo-Arena.jpg (15.89 KiB) Viewed 990 times

Re: NEIL WARNOCK ON CHRIS COLEMAN:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:03 am

i wouldn't go overboard to keep him - we'll still have bale, ramsey, allen, vokes whoever the manager is.

i don't think we'll get a better chance to get to a world cup than this, and coleman must ultimately take responsibility for that. its one thing qualifying for an expanded euros, but this was the test for me. plenty of players in their prime, seeded first in a relatively straightforward group by world cup qualifying standards, and we came up short.

he will have offers, but his stock has fallen since the euros.
Post a reply