Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/OPINION: ' CARDIFF CITY DID NOT RESPOND AFTER '

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:37 pm

My View/Opinion

' CARDIFF CITY DID NOT RESPOND AFTER THE INTERNATIONAL BREAK ONCE AGAIN '

A lack luster first/half by Cardiff City and for me Birmingham deserved to be winning at half--time.

For me the second-half was not much better and for me our players looked like they were not up for it.

Over all very disappointed tonight and so will Neil Warnock be.

We did not look like a top of the table team tonight.

Worrying also was seeing Aron Gunnarsson going off injured in the 91st min.

Last time Birmingham played at home they lost 6-1 at home.

For me one of our worst performances this season against a bottom three side.

BIRMINGHAM CITY 1 CARDIFF CITY 0

H/T 1-0

Cardiff: Etheridge, Peltier, Bennett, Morrison, Manga, Bamba, Ralls, Bryson, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing and Zohore.
Subs :
Murphy, Connolly, Gunnarsson, Damour, Tomlin, Feeney and Ward.

Crowd 19,059
Away Support 1,301 Cardiff fans

Cardiff subs

67th min Aron Gunnarsson came on for Craig Bryson.
81st min Feeney and Ward came on for Ralls and Hoilett.

NEXT UP SATURDAY 21ST OCTOBER MIDDLESBOROUGH AWAY 3PM :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION: ' CARDIFF CITY DID NOT RESPOND AFTER '

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Simply awful display,from start to finish,why was tomlins kept on bench when we weren't creating anything

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:43 pm

One on Warnock.....The Bamba trick is a few times a season against a specific style.....

Some of those subs, well if that was Slade there would be mayhem on here

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Absolutely shocked by that, speechless!

Warnock has to take a lot of blame for this shocking performance. Whilst the starting eleven couldn't be faulted, his substitutions were pathetic in my opinion.
Not one shot on target.

If I was tan I wouldn't give any of them there weeks wage after this show

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Woeful performance by the Bluebirds I don't want to hear any excuses from anyone on here or from Warnock 2nd best throughout out the game also why oh why does Warnock leave it so late to make subtituations

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:47 pm

As much as warnock has done well tonight was his fault. Bamba should have been taken off half time in what was his worst game for city.

Clueless no ideas just long balls. Tomlin was clearly needed for sone creativity but he likes his favorites too much at times. Feeney?

Think the side went on the piss with Gunnarsson.

Oh well in the famous words of Dave moans ....we dust ourselves down and we go again .

Gunnars crocked. Like to see it again he may have been trodden on rather than him attempt tripping the Brum player as Sky said
Sky commentary a complete Birmingham love-in though we didn't do anything to get excited about.

It was like our players have never played together before. Terrible game.
Last edited by Chris Holmes on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Following the disappointing performance on Monday at the CCS , that was even worse just simply shocking ...no more international breaks please :banghead:

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Respond???

Wrong team several given to many chances and if we don't change it quick we will travel down the league as quickly as we went up it?

To many holidays/internationals/players given more chances than they deserve.

Supporters suffering again

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Perhaps instead of giving the players time off during the next international break Warnock should spend the time with them learning some of the basics of the game.

Why are we so shit after every international break?

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:54 pm

we have only looked like a team worthy of promotion in one game since the end of august and the end of our five game winning run, other than that we look nothing more than a decent top ten side and i will be pleasantly surprised if we make the playoffs, we just dont look like we will score the goals for a promotion push.
7 goals in the last 6 games simply not good enough

Totally embarrassing tonight no shots on target says it all we didn't turn up

We were s##t from start to finish , didn't have a clue.
Bamba is not a CM player a man marker yes.
We really need a shake up , we were the same after the last international break.
Hopefully Warnock can sort everyone out including himself.
Let's see where we are after the weekend .
Before we get to suicidal, hopefully still there or thereabouts.

You can't bring anything other than 100% to any game in this division.
We didn't tonight and got done.
Things we learned
Bamba is no midfield player going forward.
Great defensively but that's it.
Ralls was non existent and Bryson ran but had no end product.
Damour to start against boro.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:55 pm

I’ve never seen a game with so many missed headers. Bamba must have been caught with the ball going over his head half a dozen times. 2nd to every ball. Bryson making silly fouls pushing when no need to touch the man. Long high balls to Hoilett? WTF!! Peltier utter shite and doesn’t get forward, leaving Mendez isolated. Must be Jazz surely?!
Zohore had no service in 90 minutes. Not one cross?
Late pathetic substitutions by NW yet again.

Apart from that we were fantastic.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:57 pm

I'm speechless. A total embarrassment. I can't recall the last time we looked so pathetic. Nearly everyone was off their game and we were out run and out fought all over the pitch. We made a ridiculous amount of basic errors and couldn't string a pass together. It looked like our squad had been on the piss during the international break!

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:58 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:I’ve never seen a game with so many missed headers. Bamba must have been caught with the ball going over his head half a dozen times. 2nd to every ball. Bryson making silly fouls pushing when no need to touch the man. Long high balls to Hoilett? WTF!! Peltier utter shite and doesn’t get forward, leaving Mendez isolated. Must be Jazz surely?!
Zohore had no service in 90 minutes. Not one cross?
Late pathetic substitutions by NW yet again.

The headers was doing my head in! I've never seen a game where so many of our players totally misjudged them!

Apart from that we were fantastic.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:58 pm

That was pretty bad... seems teams are learning how to play against us, combined with our players seeming unable to play what’s in front of them. Big reaction needed for the next game.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:05 pm

pengamblue wrote:Totally embarrassing tonight no shots on target says it all we didn't turn up

They wasn't much better 2 shots on target !

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Last 6 games 2 wins 2 draws 2 defeats, thats mid table form when we should be building on a great start, warnock needs to make some changes quickly, 2.5 mill on tomlin and plays a loanee that cant get in the blackburn team in front of him, that player from wigan Bogle?, best part of 800k and not made the team, cant remember what we paid for ward but hes barely getting ten mins.
Not knocking zahore mind, hes just not seeing enough of the ball to get goals, thought he done well every time i have seen him but something has to change.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:07 pm

It's not the losing but the manner in which we lost! Has to be one of the worst performances since Warnocnk took over !

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 pm

A woeful performance by Cardiff - terrible display from Bamba. Hoilett, Bryson and Mendez-Laing worried off the ball throughout. Manga easily our best player. Shake up required for the next game - surely we must give Tomlin a try - tonight was complete garbage!! :oops: :banghead:

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pengamblue wrote:Totally embarrassing tonight no shots on target says it all we didn't turn up

They wasn't much better 2 shots on target !

2 shots but they scored from 1,Birmingham were terrible but still won,sums up Cardiffs performance

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 pm

An awful game won by the only bit of skill shown in the whole 90 minutesby either side.

Please don’t play Bamba in midfield except when we’re going for a 0-0.

Things can only get better.

:bluebird: :bluescarf:

PS. Manga was outstanding and easily MOM for us.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:15 pm

My opinion is that we are a mid table team, punching above our weight. We seem able to raise our game against certain teams I,e. Leeds and Villa but try to ride our luck against others. Just hope Warnock doesn't spout that old cliché about taking positives from that dire performance.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:16 pm

boyo1927 wrote:As much as warnock has done well tonight was his fault. Bamba should have been taken off half time in what was his worst game for city.

Clueless no ideas just long balls. Tomlin was clearly needed for sone creativity but he likes his favorites too much at times. Feeney?

Couldn't agree more mate. Warnock is the man to blame for all the good he's done he didn't make the changes needed and he didn't get the team up for it.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Morrison woeful and very flat footed against anyone with pace ..... Peltier was poor and showed his limitations tonight ,
poor distribution from that side of the defence ..... we are not solid at the back , and would like to see Bamba and Manga as a pairing ..... once again we give a poor performance in front of the cameras
What was alarming is how we were outfought in most of the battles