Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Difference between promotion season and this is

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:45 pm

We never played this bad on our worst day. I just hope for a playoff spot and safe in the knowledge that we will win, lose and draw games and never play that bad again this season.

Re: Difference between promotion season and this is

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 pm

The difference is that we were monotonously consistent during the promotion season whereas this season we are maddeningly inconsistent.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:21 pm

We may not get promoted but huge differences.

When we went up we ouspent everyone by a considerable some and competed in every game as you would hope but without being spectacular.

Now we are the underdogs having spent massively less than others and at times outplaying them but other times being disappointing.

They don't compare.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:We never played this bad on our worst day. I just hope for a playoff spot and safe in the knowledge that we will win, lose and draw games and never play that bad again this season.

Bloody international breaks !!!

How many points did we have at this point that season ??

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Had a fantastic manager that year. Don’t forget that.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:Had a fantastic manager that year. Don’t forget that.

No it's was milky

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Have a better manager this year who has spent less than that year when pretty much everyone else has spent much more.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Most on here do and cant wait to highlight the mistakes he made the season after :roll:

Some have short memories - For me THE BEST WE HAD TO DATE , :bluebird:

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 pm

Warnock need to look at Morrison who was part of the fault at the goal he is the week link and peltier how Morrison can stay as captain when we have a great captain in gunnerson is the one thing I cannot support Warnock in

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Most on here do and cant wait to highlight the mistakes he made the season after :roll:

I can see why, success.

For me rather a manager who has respect for the people he works for and with. Played the fans for fools with a fist pump and no respect or remorse for his mistakes. Oh loved the red.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Exactly. I like Neil but Malky was another level. Won promotion at a canter. In a tough league. As it always is

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Exactly. I like Neil but Malky was another level. Won promotion at a canter. In a tough league. As it always is

Spot On ;) :thumbup:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:29 am

Difference is this season we are generally enjoying the football and not being bored to death or being sent to sleep. :thumbup:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:33 am

Ruislip Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Remind us how many years was malky a manager? And 1 promotion with untold budget! Now tell me how many years NW a manager how many promotions from championship? And malkies on another level? :laughing6:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:58 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Ruislip Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Remind us how many years was malky a manager? And 1 promotion with untold budget! Now tell me how many years NW a manager how many promotions from championship? And malkies on another level? :laughing6:

My Gran's budgie could have got us promoted with the budget Malky had. He showed how good he is at Wigan when he did not have access to ridiculous amounts of cash. As Alan said, how many times has Warnock got promoted compared to Malky. and how many times did Warnock have that sort of money made available. Too many gullible people falling for all his fist pumping.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Ruislip Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

My Gran's budgie could have got us promoted with the budget Malky had. He showed how good he is at Wigan when he did not have access to ridiculous amounts of cash. As Alan said, how many times has Warnock got promoted compared to Malky. and how many times did Warnock have that sort of money made available. Too many gullible people falling for all his fist pumping.

People forget malky was a manager for 18mnths at Watford did nothing with no money but dyche was is no2 , he took over what happened to Watford? Like is said what did malky do at a club without the rescauces city provided? yes got us promoted but sorry comparing his record with NW is silly! Malky totally over rated because of 2 seasons with us. Outside that zilch

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Who said anything about a likely promotion this year? Are aim is to TRY and get into the playoff's and if we do that - what an achievement that'll be! Perhaps we can then have a go? Anything more than that will be pure class and outstanding by the manager and team. My expectations for this year = a top 7 place. That means I'd still be pleased even if we just missed out on a playoff spot. Yes obviously I'd love promotion - it wud be a dream but seeing what some people post on here I wonder if some of our fans even deserve it! (I'm on about a small minority). Look guys we are top at this very moment. It cud alter depending on results today but when we go below 6th - that's when I may start having a whinge but certainly not now. We probably learn a lot more about ourselves from a loss than a win! So let's move on and get behind the team....onwards to Middlesborough!

The difference between promotion season and now - money spent!!! I'd say are football is more exciting this season. too early to say perhaps.