Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No Neil it wasn't the refs fault

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Neil stop waffling Bamba was a disaster and Bryson a passenger. We never ever owned the ball. We have paseds the ball to the wing forwards previously, we didn't we just hacked it down field.....

Sad, just man up

Re: No Neil it wasn't the refs fault

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:15 pm

It was a pen but would have liked neil to say we didnt turn up and made some mistakes, him included!

For the ref to tell him if the foul was outside box he would have given a free kick is scandoulous

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Warnock is famous for blaming everyone but him.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Hes really blaming the referee for that shower of shit? Laughable

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:21 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Neil stop waffling Bamba was a disaster and Bryson a passenger. We never ever owned the ball. We have paseds the ball to the wing forwards previously, we didn't we just hacked it down field.....

Sad, just man up

We couldn't keep control long enough to pass it 2ft never mind do anything else? While had point over pen and decisions why not say we didn't get started and were poor?

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:34 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Neil stop waffling Bamba was a disaster and Bryson a passenger. We never ever owned the ball. We have paseds the ball to the wing forwards previously, we didn't we just hacked it down field.....

Sad, just man up

It was a blatant Penalty, it's what Managers do to take the pressure off their players, and build a siege mentality.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:42 pm

Was it the refs fault we lost? Of course not.
However was it the refs fault that we did not get given a stone wall penalty? Of course it is.

I watched the game on Sky and thought the ref was poor during the game too. Clear handball in the middle of the pitch not given (and that passage of play we were lucky the Birmingham shot was poor) too, and several cases of manhandling Zahore (as we usually see) in addition to what Warnock has mentioned.

Again, not an excuse and clearly not the reason why we lost. But saying the referee was poor and didn't help us isn't a lie either.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:18 pm

He’s protecting his players while also raising valid points.

I’d be willing to bet he tore shreds off them in the dressing room, he knows what he’s doing and has been over the course plenty of times.

Aside from the penalty call, I thought the referee had a good game and tried to let it flow but at 1-0 it was always going to get scrappy. He was correct not to give the handball claims even though it did strike the lads arm but was not intentional.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:56 pm

And no he isn't solely blaming the ref for our defeat. It should have been a penalty IMO which may have helped us who knows but Warnock does acknowledge that we didn't turn up/response to going down. We are still top of the league at present if anyone hadn't noticed - we are going to lose some matches. Onwards to the next game.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:And no he isn't solely blaming the ref for our defeat. It should have been a penalty IMO which may have helped us who knows but Warnock does acknowledge that we didn't turn up/response to going down. We are still top of the league at present if anyone hadn't noticed - we are going to lose some matches. Onwards to the next game.

People only hear the bits they want to!

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:03 am

I think the guys put on a good show,whether I wanted to watch the rocky horror show on friday the 13th is another thing.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:34 am

2blue2handle wrote:Warnock is famous for blaming everyone but him.

Didn’t he blame himself for the Preston result?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:48 am

To be fair i thought the ref was pretty good last night.
He played advantage well throughout the game and disnt just throw cards about .
The high foot penalty decision is 50/50. It wasnt on purpose. Che adams did not know bennett was there and he had every right to try and clear that ball.
The "elbow" on bryson was nothing more than a block and didnt deserve a red card. The yellow for disrupting play was correct decision.

I didnt see tbe referee get a awful lot wrong

Poor excuse from warnock. We were not beaten by the better team we were beaten by the team who wanted to win it more than us

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:15 am

'Honest' Warnock not being so honest now.
I understand he's not going to blame individuals but his interview was complete bullshit.
Still, hopefully, we'll make some changes for the next game and get back on track.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 am

thomasblue wrote:To be fair i thought the ref was pretty good last night.
The high foot penalty decision is 50/50. It wasnt on purpose. Che adams did not know bennett was there and he had every right to try and clear that ball.
The "elbow" on bryson was nothing more than a block and didnt deserve a red card. The yellow for disrupting play was correct decision.

Poor excuse from warnock. We were not beaten by the better team we were beaten by the team who wanted to win it more than us

NW is absolutely right to point out that the referee got the penalty decision wrong as under under LAW 12 it was a stonewall penalty.

Under Law 12 a referee must decide if an offence has taken place that would result in a direct free kick, or penalty kick if the offence takes place in the penalty area, the questions are:

Does a player kick or attempt to kick an opponent
Does a player trip or attempt to trip an opponent
Does a player jump at an opponent
Does a player charge at an opponent
Does a player strike or attempt to strike an opponent
Does a player push an opponent

If the referee decides that any one of those offences has taken place he must then decide HOW the offence took place;

Did the offending player act carelessly, recklessly or with excessive force.

In the situation last night Bennett was kicked in the head, a high challenge under FIFA guidelines is when the foot is above waist height, so an offence has taken place but I don't think the Birmingham player acted recklessly or with excessive force but he did act carelessly.

It should have been a penalty kick, as the offence took place inside the penalty area, in this respect NW is 100% right.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:56 am

castleblue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:To be fair i thought the ref was pretty good last night.

NW is absolutely right to point out that the referee got the penalty decision wrong as under under LAW 12 it was a stonewall penalty.

Under Law 12 a referee must decide if an offence has taken place that would result in a direct free kick, or penalty kick if the offence takes place in the penalty area, the questions are:

Does a player kick or attempt to kick an opponent
Does a player trip or attempt to trip an opponent
Does a player jump at an opponent
Does a player charge at an opponent
Does a player strike or attempt to strike an opponent
Does a player push an opponent

If the referee decides that any one of those offences has taken place he must then decide HOW the offence took place;

Did the offending player act carelessly, recklessly or with excessive force.

In the situation last night Bennett was kicked in the head, a high challenge under FIFA guidelines is when the foot is above waist height, so an offence has taken place but I don't think the Birmingham player acted recklessly or with excessive force but he did act carelessly.

It should have been a penalty kick, as the offence took place inside the penalty area, in this respect NW is 100% right.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Although he did make contact with bennett he cleared the ball first.
Che adams was clearing a bouncing ball on the turn and could not have known bennett would be behind him.
Bennett also lowered his head into the challenge. I can see why a penalty could be given but can also see why it wasnt. Its one of those situations where it could be interpreted different ways.
I wouldnt be happy if it was given against us as a penalty.
The trip in the box in the 94 minute looked more of a penalty in real time than this one but hasnt been mentioned.