Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Wow one loss and turning on Warnock "

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Some of the posts on here tonight are crazy.

Yes it was bad but come on guys still 24 points from 12 games. Brum should not be where they are.

Re: Wow one loss and turning on Warnock

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:33 pm

:lol: I used to say our fans were the best but in truth the last few years we have shown out colours, it's all about winning now. :occasion5:

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote::lol: I used to say our fans were the best but in truth the last few years we have shown out colours, it's all about winning now. :occasion5:

I joked we were always a couple of losses from our fickle fans turning on him. I was wrong it's one home draw and one loss.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 pm

We lost away at PRESTON - Remember that night on here ;)

Long way to go .... :bluebird:

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:36 pm

maccydee wrote:
2blue2handle wrote::lol: I used to say our fans were the best but in truth the last few years we have shown out colours, it's all about winning now. :occasion5:

I joked we were always a couple of losses from our fickle fans turning on him. I was wrong it's one home draw and one loss.

I don't think it's the fickle fans, the hard core ones are the worse.

But in good news Malky the racist got a job :lol:

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:36 pm

I must be reading something else. Nobody is turning on warnock just giving fair constructive critism! At the end of the day we were shocking, a messageboard is here to air views and quite clearly its not warnock out is it!

Onto boro with hopefully a better and more importantly commited performance

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:37 pm

maccydee wrote:Some of the posts on here tonight are crazy.

Yes it was bad but come on guys still 24 points from 12 games. Brum should not be where they are.

Agreed and played them at the wrong time when they had a new Manager to impress and 2 weeks to prepare, get fit and improve, never mind onwards and upwards to the next game !!!

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:38 pm

boyo1927 wrote:I must be reading something else. Nobody is turning on warnock just giving fair constructive critism! At the end of the day we were shocking, a messageboard is here to air views and quite clearly its not warnock out is it!

You are definitely not reading what I am.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:45 pm

Yes but they were hammered 6-1 2 weeks ago and in 2 weeks of training under a new manager have turned us over???

You really are showing your lack of any knowledge of football or the way players react.

It's not your fault you lack that ingredient

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:03 pm

I think many on here are unrealistic, and think we are better than we actually are. I have come in for a bit of stick for daring to say that I don't think we have any chance of automatic promotion, and for saying you don't get any prizes for being top in October. I think most fans who are not living in a dream world know that just getting to the play offs would be a great achievement for us, given our finances and where we were this time last year. I think we are in a good position right now, we could hardly be any higher in the table, and I am not going to jump on the bandwagon just because we have lost our second game of the season. A long way to go, the play offs must be a genuine target, and I certainly do not see us outside of the top ten this campaign.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:23 pm

I haven't turned on him, he's done great. But tonight was dire, he took too long to make changes and blamed the ref. Just because he's done great doesn't mean he won't get criticised. I've seen no one saying warnock out or any personal abuse?

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 pm

We are top of the bloody league after a defeat,a luxury every other club would revel in.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:11 am

Its the Championship.

Over a 46 game season every team is going to have disappointing results, games where they don't tut up.

Every team is going to have the odd run of 3 or 4 games without a win.

Its just a question of how one reacts to a setback. I am sure that Warnock and the players have not been carried away by the previous run of good form and am equally sure they will not be too downbeat after tonight's considerably below par performance.

Its back to tbe training ground and a full week to prepare for next Saturday.

We're not the best or most talented side in the league, what we achieve will be down to grit, determination and hard work, its time once again to make the best of our virtues.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:59 am

maccydee wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:I must be reading something else. Nobody is turning on warnock just giving fair constructive critism! At the end of the day we were shocking, a messageboard is here to air views and quite clearly its not warnock out is it!

You are definitely not reading what I am.

It's the fans who are going on about "Bamba is no midfielder" that make me laugh. They were comparing him with Vieira three games ago!

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:12 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think many on here are unrealistic, and think we are better than we actually are. I have come in for a bit of stick for daring to say that I don't think we have any chance of automatic promotion, and for saying you don't get any prizes for being top in October. I think most fans who are not living in a dream world know that just getting to the play offs would be a great achievement for us, given our finances and where we were this time last year. I think we are in a good position right now, we could hardly be any higher in the table, and I am not going to jump on the bandwagon just because we have lost our second game of the season. A long way to go, the play offs must be a genuine target, and I certainly do not see us outside of the top ten this campaign.

Totally agree - for me we are a top half mid table side at best and maybe if we continue we can sneak into the pay offs. The issue with many on here is they got carried away when we won the first five games and at the point were praising and handing out the trophy. In their eyes Neil can do no wrong. In football you take the plaudits when you do well but also the criticism when you perform poor.

Yesterday's performance was awful - no one else to blame except Neil Warnock and the players. Does that mean I am turning on him no, just stating the obvious.

For me it's now how we bounce back - round pegs in round holes from now on in

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:25 am

Agree with op

When we won the championship, who did the double over us? The team that finished last, Peterborough. It's the nature of this league, so suck it up and move on.

Easily the best City side in 3/4 years! Stay positive, back the boys and we'll bounce back v Boro. BLOOBIRDS!!

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:29 am

All about whining more like! Amazes me how much people over react. Yes it was a poor performance but we still could have snatched a point away from home against a side up for it with a new manager. Not the end of the world!

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:48 am

think its about the way we lost,played like a pub team,we looked like a phill neal team :lol:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:59 am

Players usually play that extra 10% when a new manager takes over so it was always going to be tough, let's just get behind the players, manager and go again. We're doing better than most of us predicted this season and there is still a long way to go! :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:15 am

All about opinions I’m afraid. We’ve had a fantastic start but tonight we were poor, very sluggish first half and Warnock got the Gunner substitution wrong, one down and chasing the game we should have been more positive instead of putting an holding midfielder on.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:24 am

I don't see many turning on Warnock at all.
I see many disappointed fans commenting on a dire display, criticising the manager over his substitutions and complaining that all he's done is put all the blame on the referee and linesmen.
Warnock has done a fantastic job but is he beyond criticism? I don't think so.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:25 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I don't see many turning on Warnock at all.
I see many disappointed fans commenting on a dire display, criticising the manager over his substitutions and complaining that all he's done is put all the blame on the referee and linesmen.

Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I don't see many turning on Warnock at all.

Spot on.....nobody is so called turning on him

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:34 am

Loads in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=189007

He's not above criticism but there's some unfair statements in that thread. It was a poor display no doubt about that but rather than say that our fickle fans are having a go at his honesty amongst other things.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:33 am

It was just a poor performance it happens from time to time, it is how we react what matters now, Warnock has worked miracles with this team :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:12 pm

bluespeers wrote:

It was just a poor performance it happens from time to time, it is how we react what matters now, Warnock has worked miracles with this team :ayatollah:

Exactimundo

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:30 pm

bluespeers wrote:

Spot on :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Still early days think need take it month by month! 6 points from next 4 games be a good haul but then we probably won't be in top two but that's ok plenty of time to pick up. :thumbup:

Re: " Wow one loss and turning on Warnock "

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:05 pm

I think the problem is people look at how we have done and where other teams are and construct unrealistic expectations for each game. Football is a fickle thing where anything could happen. If every result was nailed on the bookmakers would very quickly go out of business.

There are loads of invisible and impossible to predict anomalies that you will never see all of which boil down into a result. Being a more consistent side does not give you a god given right to take away the 3 points! Who knows what could make the difference in the end, it could be that the ref has had a parking ticket or it is the Captains birthday all of which could have a butterfly effect and turn a game.

Alright so we played shit, as long as we have a decent manager to point that out then we will bounce back. I must admit Warnock making excuses does concern me slightly but even he can have an off day and feel a bit of pressure.

As a manager you should not show you are feeling any pressure but he is only human after all. I am sure he will get his shit together and get us back on track for the next one as he has had plenty of experience at rolling with the punches. :thumbright: