' 'NEIL WARNOCK FUMING & BLAMES '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Neil Warnock fumes with referee for Joe Bennett penalty decision in Cardiff City's loss to Birmingham

Friday 13th October 2017

By Chris Watham

Neil Warnock insisted he didn’t understand why a high boot on Joe Bennett was ignored as the Cardiff City chief hit out at refereeing decisions in his side’s defeat at Birmingham.

Bennett went down in the box and needed treatment when he was caught by goalscorer Che Adams as he attempted a head-high clearance.

But referee Geoff Eltringham – who Warnock labelled as being “very poor” throughout the St Andrew’s clash – ignored the second-half penalty shouts, leaving Warnock confused.

The veteran Bluebirds boss also saw Craig Bryson take an arm in the face from David Davis with the Birmingham midfielder only booked, and Warnock said: “So many things went against us, little things like coming off their legs and a goal kick given instead of a corner.

“And Bennett’s got his head kicked in the penalty box and apparently the referee has said that anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul.

“Does that mean he hasn’t got the guts to give the foul because it’s a penalty? I don’t understand it.

“I’m disappointed Sky haven’t shown it because it’s kicked his head off.

“Bryson is elbowed taking a throw-in – which is a red card for me. I’m so disappointed with the officials, the near-side linesman and the referee were very poor tonight. I think we deserved better than that.”

It’s only the second time Cardiff have tasted defeat in the league, but Warnock did not excuse his own side from blame as he admitted the visitors were too sluggish to respond to a fired-up Birmingham display in Steve Cotterill’s first game as manager.

“I thought we started ever so sluggish,” Warnock said. “You’d expect them to come out of the traps with a new manager but one or two people who should have known better were too sluggish.

Birmingham City's Che Adams scores his side's first goal of the game during the Sky Bet Championship match St Andrew's (Image: PA)
“I thought we came into it and second-half we could have gone on and won it. With better passing in the final third we could have.

“I couldn’t complain too much in the second-half but we didn’t get enough shots in, the final pass was poor or we didn’t gamble.

“But we’ll get a response. We’ll get over it in time for the trip to Middlesbrough and we’ll be ready.”
Attachments
JS133549550.jpg
JS133549550.jpg (53.78 KiB) Viewed 4410 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' 'NEIL WARNOCK FUMING & BLAMES '

Postby Nuclearblue » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Sorry but blaming the ref for that defeat doesn’t sit right with me. We were awful and the only ones to blame was the players. The worst offender was Sol Bamba with the worst performance I have seen him in a City shirt. Mango was just so slow. The only player with credit was Etheridge who couldn’t of done any more. Bennett and Peltier did ok ish but the the rest was awful.
Roll on to the next game :thumbup:
Nuclearblue

Postby mallo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Was a very poor effort thought they would of been up for it and played fast flowing football but to be honest they sent me to sleep
Mallo

Will Always be blue !
mallo

Postby nubbsy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 pm

The ref was poor but your passing the buck Neil. We were utterly dire and you waited, and waited, and waited... And brought a defensive midfielder on. Then ten minutes before the end you make a positive change. Not decisive enough I'm afraid.
nubbsy

Postby CHRIS PIKE » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:59 am

Warnock got it wrong last night, Bamba in midfield didn't work we were over run all game, and basicly we were dire..
CHRIS PIKE

Postby Cantonblu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:41 am

Blaming got to stop,yes referee was really poor but we were dire an absolute gutless performance getting beat yes! Embarrased No!
Cantonblu

Postby cardiff 74 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:58 am

To be honest this is what I like about warnock he will always question any decision for his team even though we where poor tonight he can't blame the ref totally but that's the way he is totally committed
cardiff 74

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:06 am

Replies from FB

Lee Chapman: Come into it in the second half and could of won it Warnock says. Don’t know what game he was watching lol yeah we had 2 half chances and couple corners but still looked terrible

Darren Stevens: Not one shot on target, Bamba shocking tonight. Our midfield didn't win one second ball. For me we crying out for Tomlin who can create things

Neil Stacey : We were battered end of. Well done birmingham u done ur homework well
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:21 am

He as a point regarding pen and the throw in incidents 1st a pen and 2nd red card he raised his arm and pushed player over! But only hiding players shortcomings in the game itself.
pembroke allan

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:36 am

No doubt what Warnock says publicly and what he says privately to the players will be two different things, there will be no doubt that he would have ripped a number of the players a new one last night.
However, he has to take a look at himself as well. Persisted with Bamba in front of the back four, just because it worked against Leeds, who are a totally different set up, even the player himself admits that he is too old to play the position. You have to question what the players were up to over the break, as no one seemed up to match speed. Bringing Gunner on, when the manager has already stated that he was an injury doubt before going on international duty and moaning about how many minutes he played, yet goes and gambles with him, when there are decent options on the bench and now he's possibly crocked.
We needed someone to bring a different dimension to our game, perfect in my opinion to try Tomlin. Hats off to Cotteril, he completely out thought Warnock last night with his tactics and the way he nullified our front three.
On a last point, I think it's time for Warnock to have more faith in the squad, especially when the usual selections under perform so badly.
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby since64 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:09 am

I’m with Neil on this anywhere else on the pitch and it’s a free kick the ref had no idea what to give so gave nothing bottled it completely,that said Birmingham deserved the win and why should anyone be surprised after all Warnock has had little or no budget to work with and it will be remarkable in my opinion if we stay in the play off places let alone automatic promotion
since64

Postby Bonner » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:14 am

Yes a blatant pen and yes a red card.. ref and linesmen both incompetent..
However, we were poor.. Birmingham up for it. But still that's football and if we had been rightfully been given a pen and they were reduced to 10 men then things wld of been different..
onto next game... a lot of matches to be played.. so no time to over react to a loss.
Bonner

Postby Nuclearblue » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:29 am

I agree with the above Warnock Would of ripped his team a new arsehole. Yes the game was crying out for a Tomlin but not the Tomlin we saw against Derby. Maybe his upcoming court case is hanging over him.
I think we can take defeats god sakes we are used to them but what was a concern for myself and many was the manner of it. Laing Zohore etc where has there form gone ? is he up for games like Preston and Brum now he has a long term contract ?
Right upwards and onwards and Boro is next and hopefully the lads will respond accordingly
Nuclearblue

Return to General Chat