Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' The Bamba Experiment '

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:40 am

' The Bamba Experiment '

Was well and truly found out last night.The back four didn't need protecting last night and although I can't fault his commitment or attitude for me he looked well and truly exposed.All their attacking threat came on the flanks last night and a more traditional midfield setup(4-4-2) would have stifled that threat to better effect.

But sticking to 4-3-3 I felt that Bamba was playing far too deep leaving Ralls and Bryson struggling to make any sort of impact and that left the service to the front three questionable.Bamba did play a bit further forward in the second half but I felt although we played better when gunners came on I would have at that point got Bamba off and had Gunners and Damore in there with Ralls for the last half hour.

I do get the feeling that opposing managers are starting to work us out and it must be said that Brum showed them the way as for me that was a strangely disjointed performance.

Re: ' The Bamba Experiment '

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:28 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:' The Bamba Experiment '

Was well and truly found out last night.The back four didn't need protecting last night and although I can't fault his commitment or attitude for me he looked well and truly exposed.All their attacking threat came on the flanks last night and a more traditional midfield setup(4-4-2) would have stifled that threat to better effect.

But sticking to 4-3-3 I felt that Bamba was playing far too deep leaving Ralls and Bryson struggling to make any sort of impact and that left the service to the front three questionable.Bamba did play a bit further forward in the second half but I felt although we played better when gunners came on I would have at that point got Bamba off and had Gunners and Damore in there with Ralls for the last half hour.

I do get the feeling that opposing managers are starting to work us out and it must be said that Brum showed them the way as for me that was a strangely disjointed performance.

Agree wholeheartedly :bluebird:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:38 am

I thought he was the new Viera?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:45 am

Everyone around were getting frustrated with the midfield and were making it obvious Bamba should not be playing there.

It is the first time I have heard people questioned Warnock setup. Was Warnock forced into it?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:49 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Everyone around were getting frustrated with the midfield and were making it obvious Bamba should not be playing there.

It is the first time I have heard people questioned Warnock setup. Was Warnock forced into it?

By Tan?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:51 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Everyone around were getting frustrated with the midfield and were making it obvious Bamba should not be playing there.

By Tan?

By what he had to select. Gunners was too knackered for 90 minutes....so who else could have played midfield?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

By Tan?

By what he had to select. Gunners was too knackered for 90 minutes....so who else could have played midfield?

Ralls, Bryson and Damour/Tomlin?