Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ledley ain't looking so bad now is he?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 am

Now Patrick Viera has lost his shine. Last night would have been perfect for Ledley.

Re: Ledley ain't looking so bad now is he?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:09 am

Yes he is... so glad we did not sign up... needs a lot of marches to get some sort of form.. didn't do anything against us, and as for Wales, he was dire.. if it hadn't been for hoe's injury he would of been off.
So BAmba has one poor game, in a team that weee all below poor and u criticise him....quality.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:21 am

Bonner wrote:Yes he is... so glad we did not sign up... needs a lot of marches to get some sort of form.. didn't do anything against us, and as for Wales, he was dire.. if it hadn't been for hoe's injury he would of been off.
So BAmba has one poor game, in a team that weee all below poor and u criticise him....quality.

I'm not criticising Bamba I'm bemoaning those that did. However we are struggling for defensive midfielders.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:49 am

maccydee wrote:
Bonner wrote:Yes he is... so glad we did not sign up... needs a lot of marches to get some sort of form.. didn't do anything against us, and as for Wales, he was dire.. if it hadn't been for hoe's injury he would of been off.

I'm not criticising Bamba I'm bemoaning those that did. However we are struggling for defensive midfielders.

There are many system that do not rely on a out and out defensive midfielder. We got promoted with Whitts as a playmaker sitting in that space.

Sol is a stopper a man marker who can do a number on the opposition, it was obvious he was mildly ineffective against Derby and a hinderance yesterday. Warnock could have changed it, he constantly talks about flexibility but so far has tried one sysyem for one half and 433 for the remaining.

Sol off at H/T with Ward on and going 442 is what i wanted.

I guess Joe comes at a price, maybe we just can't afford that price. If we are going above budget I'd rather spend it on Gunnarson

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:53 am

Typical! slates those who criticise Warnock and then insults Sol Bamba!

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:56 am

nubbsy wrote:Typical! slates those who criticise Warnock and then insults Sol Bamba!

I'm not criticising Bamba. There are plenty who are though. He was phenomenal against Leeds. He is a centre back when yesterday we needed a proper centre midfielder not a converted centre back. Gunnar wasn't fit so we could have done with Joe.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:23 am

maccydee wrote:Now Patrick Viera has lost his shine. Last night would have been perfect for Ledley.

Ledley just doesn't do it for me, yes he can pass the ball mainly backwards, hardly croses the half way line, and most of all too expensive wages wise

:ayatollah:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:26 am

bluespeers wrote:
maccydee wrote:Now Patrick Viera has lost his shine. Last night would have been perfect for Ledley.

Ledley just doesn't do it for me, yes he can pass the ball mainly backwards, hardly croses the half way line, and most of all too expensive wages wise

Just what we needed last night. Didn't hold the ball at all.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:26 am

bluespeers wrote:

Yes and last night he was last thing we needed bad enough as it was!

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:39 am

maccydee wrote:
bluespeers wrote:

Yes someone to pass the ball backwards, it was getting the ball to forwards that was the problem last night :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:11 pm

bluespeers wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluespeers wrote:

Yes someone to pass the ball backwards, it was getting the ball to forwards that was the problem last night :ayatollah:

We didn't pass it backwards or forwards.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:19 pm

maccydee wrote:
bluespeers wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluespeers wrote:

We didn't pass it backwards or forwards.

Yes good point it was a crap performance :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:31 pm

maccydee wrote:

No, not directly but the inference was there with the Patrick Vieira comment!

But what you're clearly doing more is continually dragging up and perpetuating the myth that Ledley was going to be the 'missing link' in the City side when he so clearly isn't!

He did okay against us (I said it was a typically solid Ledley performance) and he is settling at Derby County but City are doing well so far this season and at point of writing sit at the TOP of the Championship. So how much higher do you think they can go with or without your hero?

It's a long season, few really expected us to be where we are right now, last night was a bad one at the office and no one would give a stuff about some journeyman pro called Ledley if he wasn't from the suburbs of Cardiff, so time to move on and support the players we have rather than those we don't; sadly, all too common a thread for some City fans! :roll:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:

But what you're clearly doing more is continually dragging up and perpetuating the myth that Ledley was going to be the 'missing link' in the City side when he so clearly isn't!

He did okay against us (I said it was a typically solid Ledley performance) and he is settling at Derby County but City are doing well so far this season and at point of writing sit at the TOP of the Championship. So how much higher do you think they can go with or without your hero?

It's a long season, few really expected us to be where we are right now, last night was a bad one at the office and no one would give a stuff about some journeyman pro called Ledley if he wasn't from the suburbs of Cardiff, so time to move on and support the players we have rather than those we don't; sadly, all too common a thread for some City fans! :roll:

He isn't a journeyman. He's the type of player who can turn those sort of performances into a draw from a loss.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:44 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:

He isn't a journeyman. He's the type of player who can turn those sort of performances into a draw from a loss.

He's a deceptive sort of player, he is actually slower than he looks if that is at all possible.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Would'nt entertain him at all,glad he did'nt end up here.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:21 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Hugely debatable on the first count (or did he go to Celtic for Premier League glory and latterly hold out for a money move this summer?) and we have players who have proven they can do his job on the second ;)

Like I said, support those we have and not those we don't! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Got to be joking he was appalling against Ireland made to look stupid by very average players . looks like he's running in quick sand so unfit its unreal. Would play Dave Edwards king over him these days all day long think that says it all. Really glad we didn't sign him city should move forward not backwards

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Ledley would of won the game last night yeah ? Yeah right jog on mate .

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:18 pm

I don't want him, most fans don't want him and more importantly Neil Warnock don't want him.

Let's move on ffs

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:47 pm

bluebird12345 wrote:

I never said that. Said might have helped get us a point.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:49 pm

maccydee wrote:
bluebird12345 wrote:

Doubt it just a bad game in general from everyone . Move on and go again

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:47 pm

maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Typical! slates those who criticise Warnock and then insults Sol Bamba!

I'm not criticising Bamba. There are plenty who are though. He was phenomenal against Leeds. He is a centre back when yesterday we needed a proper centre midfielder not a converted centre back. Gunnar wasn't fit so we could have done with Joe.

The patrick viera comment was a clear contentious comment.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 pm

nubbsy wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Have you not seen the stick Bamba has been getting? There was even a whole post slating him.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:43 pm

maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Have you not seen the stick Bamba has been getting? There was even a whole post slating him.

I slated him myself, he played shit and warnock had a shocker too that wasn't my point.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:58 am

maccydee wrote:
bluebird12345 wrote:

If we'd had that penalty and the sending off, we MIGHT have won! ;)

Digging a hole now, Neil. Your Joe Ledley doesn't play for us, so move on time it is.... :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:15 am

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluebird12345 wrote:

Digging a hole now, Neil. Your Joe Ledley doesn't play for us, so move on time it is.... :thumbright: :ayatollah:

As our position descends and Derby's improves (hope that doesn't happen) I'll keep referring back to this post.

I stand by the fact we made a mistakes not getting Ledley. He would have been more effective Friday than Bryson.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:55 am

Think you will find the answer was sat on the bench but for some reason at the moment Warnock don't fancy him.

We have had years of playing players high wages for past it players and we have moved on from this and rightly so. Stop living in the past and move on. Ledley showed no loyalty to Cardiff city last summer and when he left - don't want him anywhere near the club.

How do you know it would have been perfect for Ledley - for me we needed some creativity :thumbup:

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:01 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluebird12345 wrote:

As our position descends and Derby's improves (hope that doesn't happen) I'll keep referring back to this post.

I stand by the fact we made a mistakes not getting Ledley. He would have been more effective Friday than Bryson.

TBH mate if your correct about Joe being influential enough to make such a humongous difference in TWO clubs fortunes this season...it just makes his move to Celtic look even worse..just lost in play off final and 5 points short of promotion the year after he left..5 points would have put his home town club and himself in the premier league...i think you have 10 times more faith in his ability than Joe himself has..?

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:26 am

Dobbin wrote:Think you will find the answer was sat on the bench but for some reason at the moment Warnock don't fancy him.

We have had years of playing players high wages for past it players and we have moved on from this and rightly so. Stop living in the past and move on. Ledley showed no loyalty to Cardiff city last summer and when he left - don't want him anywhere near the club.

How do you know it would have been perfect for Ledley - for me we needed some creativity :thumbup:

The answer was someone who could be competitive with the Birmingham midfielders. Gunnar was the answer to this and showed this when he came on before he got injured. The midfield three didn't work. It worked against Leeds but didn't Friday. Warnock was loathe to use Gunnar due to exploits for Iceland therefore Ledley would have been ideal. We have no other player like him in the squad apart from Gunnar. When Gunnar doesn't play we will struggle to compete with competitive opposition midfield. In essence we will be outfought. Ledley would be a massive help with this as he will be with Derby.