Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Birmingham 1-0 Cardiff FT: MY THOUGHTS

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Last night was a chance for Cardiff to go 6 Points clear at the top of the Table but was halted by a Birmingham side who got lucky most of the game where the referee was a disgrace and players kept going down, making the ref blow his whistle at every tiny thing that Birmingham players made a hasstle from. This match could be really important as today Cardiff could slide to 2nd if Wolves beat Aston Villa later on on Television.

But not all the blame was on the cheating Birmingham players and the Referee, Cardiff have to get a portion of blame going to themselves as they were not up to speed with Birmingham wingers and that set up the goal for them as the poor player of the match were indeed Peltier and Ralls they were by far not at the races.

I have somepointers of what I thought who were to Blame, Substitutions and of course the Decisions the Ref never gave us:
    THE KICK IN THE HEAD IN THE PENALTY BOX
    PELTIER SHOULD GET REPLACED FOR PATERSON
    CARDIFF SHOULD KEEP DAMOUR AND BRYSON IN MIDFIELD
    GUNNARSSON SHOULD HAVE NEVER CAME OFF THE BENCH, WHILST WE HAD TOMLIN
    RALLS LOOKED LIKE A HEADLESS CHICKEN IN MIDFIELD AND SAW LESS OF THE BALL 2ND HALF
    BIRMINGHAM KEPT THERE EYE ON LANG AND HOILETT, AND LANG WAS NOT EFFECTING THE GAME
    THE REF BOTTLED IT WHEN THE BIRMINGHAM PLAYER ELBOWED BENNETT WHILE TAKING A THROW IN

Cardiff sit 1st but that can all change later on, If you agree with anything I have said above then let me know an drop your comment and thoughts below to let me know, many thanks for whoever reads this and enjoys :ayatollah:

Also can anyone tell me why we wore the Red kit instead of the Lime Green kit? The Lime Green kit is the nicest away kit we have had in a loooong time I love it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Birmingham 1-0 Cardiff FT: MY THOUGHTS

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Well, either you are having a laugh or you watched a different game to most of us. We were completely outplayed for almost the entire match, and were beaten by the better team. Nearly every comment on here is about how poor we were, and to blame the ref is hardly surprising. Every time we lose somebody delves into the Cardiff Forum book of excuses, as the world's best side could not possibly be beaten because they deserved to be beaten. My thoughts are based on the way the match really went, we were lucky to come away with just a one goal defeat. Could and probably should have been more. We were absolutely dreadful, but hopefully we will improve and get something from the Middlesbrough game.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Well, either you are having a laugh or you watched a different game to most of us. We were completely outplayed for almost the entire match, and were beaten by the better team. Nearly every comment on here is about how poor we were, and to blame the ref is hardly surprising. Every time we lose somebody delves into the Cardiff Forum book of excuses, as the world's best side could not possibly be beaten because they deserved to be beaten. My thoughts are based on the way the match really went, we were lucky to come away with just a one goal defeat. Could and probably should have been more. We were absolutely dreadful, but hopefully we will improve and get something from the Middlesbrough game.

We beat Sunderland you never know

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:38 pm

We were crap and certainly couldn't compete with Birmingham. Credit to them they out played and out classed us for most of the night. The fact the team top of the league failed to get a single shot on target at a bottom 3 team shows how crap we were and 99% of the people on here know we played awful. I'm gonna optimistically put it down to the international break with Bruno, Etheridge and Bamba all still recovering and players being out of form. Hopefully Warnock can sit them down and show them how ineffective playing it over the top for 90mins is when you only win about 15% of the high balls.

As for the red kit I think it looked much nicer than the luminous green shirt and blue/white shorts combo. As it's the away kit I don't mind it being red and thought it actually looked quite smart.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Well, either you are having a laugh or you watched a different game to most of us. We were completely outplayed for almost the entire match, and were beaten by the better team. Nearly every comment on here is about how poor we were, and to blame the ref is hardly surprising. Every time we lose somebody delves into the Cardiff Forum book of excuses, as the world's best side could not possibly be beaten because they deserved to be beaten. My thoughts are based on the way the match really went, we were lucky to come away with just a one goal defeat. Could and probably should have been more. We were absolutely dreadful, but hopefully we will improve and get something from the Middlesbrough game.

We beat Sunderland you never know

The Cardiff Devils team could proabably put a few past Sunderland. They're dross