' I dont think its a case of turning on Warnock '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby kimble » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:53 pm

WE had an excellent start 5 wins on the trot...but since then it s been two wins from 7 which indicates to me we are nowhere near the finished article and that Warnock has still a lot of work to do with this squad. It also makes it very important the decisions that are made.are timely
For me we still lack that midfield general who can unlock defences.

We have relied on getting the balls out wide and relying on Mendez lain and hoillet to do the damage . but the former has been poor last couple of games.
Ralls has gone off the boil...and what has happened to Tomlin..i think its time to try Ward out wide and rest laing and maybe callum on the other flank,, both renowned for good work rates. Maybe they will give us fresh impetus.

Now is the time to see how the squad and Warnock reacts...no excuses of being tired some of those who were poor had an international break..just my opinion...come on Neil get em going like they did against Leeds :bluescarf:
kimble

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' I dont think its a case of turning on Warnock '

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:59 am

kimble wrote:' I dont think its a case of turning on Warnock '

WE had an excellent start 5 wins on the trot...but since then it s been two wins from 7 which indicates to me we are nowhere near the finished article and that Warnock has still a lot of work to do with this squad. It also makes it very important the decisions that are made.are timely
For me we still lack that midfield general who can unlock defences.

We have relied on getting the balls out wide and relying on Mendez lain and hoillet to do the damage . but the former has been poor last couple of games.
Ralls has gone off the boil...and what has happened to Tomlin..i think its time to try Ward out wide and rest laing and maybe callum on the other flank,, both renowned for good work rates. Maybe they will give us fresh impetus.

Now is the time to see how the squad and Warnock reacts...no excuses of being tired some of those who were poor had an international break..just my opinion...come on Neil get em going like they did against Leeds :bluescarf:

Why couldn't you put this on the already started thread that raised the question initially? :? :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby kimble » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:54 am

maybe i didnt read that one :occasion5: does it really matter :roll:
kimble

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 am

Its an emotional game, we should ban the internet 6 hours after a game ;)

On hindsight against a lower half team playing Bamba as a DM looked negative and obviously never worked. Sol can't play as a CM and i believe Gunnar plays as a defensive minded CM rather than a genuine DM. We effectively played 4123 and we couldn't get a foothold in the game.

When we play a front foot attacking team especially one that plays with an advanced playmaker, Sol can snuff them out and our counter attack takes over. If you look at Gunnars MoM on here its normally against similar type of team. We just never got a foothold in the middle of the park and the balls to the flanks were so poor that our main point of attack was diminished.

Christ, we are second and we'll never know what was said in the dressing room, but Neil also needs to speak sense to the fans who when live on the box can see for themselves the truth. Looking at the last 12 months he'll give a sensible appraisal sometime this week.
llan bluebird

Return to General Chat